Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Artie became his answering machine messages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Artie on Hot Ones:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_MFkqMZTt4

Howard on Jimble Kimble:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC77SJL1eaQ

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"Do you want to move on?"
Artie: "In life?"

:allears:

That was great, though. I really want to be interviewed like that. Those look delicious.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"Do you want to move on?"
Artie: "In life?"

:allears:

That was great, though. I really want to be interviewed like that. Those look delicious.

Yeah, I just started watching these on the weekend, and actually liked the Artie one. I wonder if being high on H helps with the burn of really hot wings.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
It's too bad Artie has become such a self destructive and selfish mess, because I thought that Hot Ones interview was hilarious. He still has it, he just covers it up under his pity party and paper-thin machismo thing. It's too bad things really fell apart, because he would be such an incredible Stern guest now.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The Tim Cook joke was actually kinda funny but I can see why it wouldn't do well with the Apple employee demographic.

For those that don't want to watch In the gay community, Tim Cook's cum is called Applesauce.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Seriously, why would Apple bring Artie to a corporate gig? That joke really wasn't offensive at all... but it's Artie. They are lucky that is as bad as it got.

Personally, I love the joke "Lots of women have left New York thinking they blew Newman."

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 19, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I love the jab about Afghanistan to Gary.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Howard's face looks a little stiff... I don't think he had a facelift yet, but maybe he got a few botox shots before the appearance.

Or maybe his wig is just on too tight?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
My thought was that he is way too thin. I understand he can't really build muscle, but he really needs to stop starving himself.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I tried the Da Bomb sauce here in Ukraine and my entire face felt like it was drenched in battery acid for a good 20-30 mins.

Now Sean Evans just has to interview Beetlejuice who is probably impervious to hot sauce.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Lifespan posted:

My thought was that he is way too thin. I understand he can't really build muscle, but he really needs to stop starving himself.

He can build muscle, he just doesn't want to because it would require actually eating and not being a rail, which is what he thinks is the ideal body type. If you told him about all the protein he should be taking in he'd call it too many calories and refuse to do it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Now rediscovering Hot Ones, which I'm hooked on. Thanks!

The Guy Fieri episode was actually really good. Dude barely broke a sweat.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Lifespan posted:

He's gotta have some kind of body dysmorphia, right?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Now rediscovering Hot Ones, which I'm hooked on. Thanks!

The Guy Fieri episode was actually really good. Dude barely broke a sweat.

It's a tremendous show, I hopped on around season 2 and got hooked immediately. Whoever figured out that hot stuff is basically truth serum is a genius and like I said, Evans is such a great interviewer as well. Simple format and great interviews every time. It's turned me around on some celebs I used to think were asses.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Lifespan posted:

It's too bad Artie has become such a self destructive and selfish mess, because I thought that Hot Ones interview was hilarious. He still has it, he just covers it up under his pity party and paper-thin machismo thing. It's too bad things really fell apart, because he would be such an incredible Stern guest now.

Become?

Artie's always been funny and has always been a mess. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Now Sean Evans just has to interview Beetlejuice who is probably impervious to hot sauce.

Who me? Yeah I drink a gallon o' hot sauce all the time, baby. hehehehe...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

It's a tremendous show, I hopped on around season 2 and got hooked immediately. Whoever figured out that hot stuff is basically truth serum is a genius and like I said, Evans is such a great interviewer as well. Simple format and great interviews every time. It's turned me around on some celebs I used to think were asses.

I absolutely love how the burning hot sauce is coming across as making them not only tell the truth, but also gets them high. At least that's how Kevin Hart felt.

gently caress, I don't even like hot stuff, and I want to try to do the entire line of wings.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I actually ordered that secret Aardvark sauce because of the Hot sauce thread in GBS and it's actually really really good. I highly recommend it.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Proof that Artie can still be great when he has someone able to keep him on track.

Crotch Bat posted:

He can build muscle, he just doesn't want to because it would require actually eating and not being a rail, which is what he thinks is the ideal body type. If you told him about all the protein he should be taking in he'd call it too many calories and refuse to do it.

Howard's physique is fine, especially for someone his age, but he has a weird narrow head and chicken neck so he looks scrawnier than he really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHgoD92lsDM

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Former Human posted:

Proof that Artie can still be great when he has someone able to keep him on track.

Howard's physique is fine, especially for someone his age, but he has a weird narrow head and chicken neck so he looks scrawnier than he really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHgoD92lsDM

It's totally fine but I also guarantee you he thinks he's fat. He's been obsessed with counting calories and being thin for 20+ years now, he doesn't have the mental composure to put on muscle because of what I said and he also probably doesn't like the potential to weigh more either. I remember during the late 90s he tried to put on muscle constantly and acted like it was like learning to whistle or something and it never took. No, he just didn't commit to it.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
He also kept getting injured.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

haljordan posted:

He's gotta have some kind of body dysmorphia, right?

He's just stupid as hell with anatomy/biology with a hosed up childhood- this is the same guy who absolutely believed that beth never shits, remember?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

He's just stupid as hell with anatomy/biology with a hosed up childhood- this is the same guy who absolutely believed that beth never shits, remember?

You can't be serious.

Everybody poops, Howard. My three year old knows that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aeka 2.0 posted:

He also kept getting injured.

You mean he kept getting "injured". :D

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Howard once threw a hissy fit over his hot water because they were boiling it on a hot plate instead of the microwave. He insisted the microwave was better because of something it did to the molecules that the hot plate didn't. Like dude didn't know boiling water is boiling water.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

YeahTubaMike posted:

Well, I guess Artie really has a face for radio now. Jesus.

While he obviously has never taken decent care of himself it is amazing the way he aged. I feel like he aged 20 years in 2, especially with the greying/thinning hair.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Howard once threw a hissy fit over his hot water because they were boiling it on a hot plate instead of the microwave. He insisted the microwave was better because of something it did to the molecules that the hot plate didn't. Like dude didn't know boiling water is boiling water.

It was the other way around, he didn't want it in the microwave because it doesn't heat evenly in the microwave. Which is true.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Last Chance posted:

It was the other way around, he didn't want it in the microwave because it doesn't heat evenly in the microwave. Which is true.

It's terribly difficult to stir water. :D

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I just randomly looked up Scott Depace's twitter. He's such a dork loser

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

BobbyK posted:

I just randomly looked up Scott Depace's twitter. He's such a dork loser

Is it all "checkmate, lib" *smugface* stuff?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Yup! Everything democrats do is bad, everything Trump does is good. When will those libturds wake up to the truth.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
DePace always got so loving destroyed whenever Jason would argue anything about politics with him and he'd just stomp off like the little snowflake he is.

Also lol at Howard, the 63 year old ectomorph 6'5" pelican being able to easily build muscle.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I love the Goldberg Variations by Simone Dinnerstein.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

I love the Goldberg Variations by Simone Dinnerstein.

What was with that plug by Robin? It was just out of left field. Maybe she's been talked about before but not that I ever heard of.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

What was with that plug by Robin? It was just out of left field. Maybe she's been talked about before but not that I ever heard of.

I could swear I've heard that name before. I think she was either at or the subject of some charity dinner that Robin went to, some years ago.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

She's a pianist who Robin is friends with, and Robin has been conspicuously dropping her name and plugs and stories in the "news" about her lately.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Crotch Bat posted:

My Mom used to bitch about this poo poo when I made tea for her and swore that boiling water in a kettle was different from boiling water in a microwave. Annoying.

Was really let down with the Robert Plant interview. Howard is usually really good interviewing people but, man, Plant was right. So many silly questions. Howard seemed intimidated and the interview sort of sucked. Which bummed me out because I love Led Zep and Stern and was really looking forward to it.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah, a big let down, pretty rare for a Howard interview.

Howard just couldn't make a connection, and Plant really didn't want to talk about the good music.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

"Hey, do you remember this?"
*plays huge Zep hit*

He does this with loving everyone and it's awful. Hey huge music star, do you remember your huge singles? Tell me a story about them that I'm sure you haven't told a thousand times in a thousand different interviews.

Howard's rote garbage. He had to walk the straight and narrow to land bigger names and now he's as scared to ask questions as any schmuck interviewer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

"Hey remember stairway to heaven?!"

I bet Plant HATES that song by now