Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
In fact let me just repost what was laid down two pages ago in the vain hope that the lowering of the bar is put off for maybe five or ten minutes

Edit: dog tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Chilichimp posted:

oh poo poo, add former President George W Bush to the list of lovely republicans who are speaking out against the current path of the right-wing.

https://twitter.com/WardDPatrick/status/921035488814862337

edit:

And for added context, he was pretty quiet during all of Obama's tenure.

I'm really getting tired of these people giving speeches and kind of wink nudging towards Trump instead of just growing a spine and outright pointing at him "That's the guy, officers! That's the one!"

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
George Bush does not care about black people.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

Enigma89 posted:

George Bush does not care about black people.

To be fair, neither does anybody else in any position of power in the US.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
GWB wasn't an outright fascist, but he is still responsible for hundreds of horrific fuckups that we as a nation will be effected by for decades. He was competent enough to get horrific poo poo done

He dislikes Trump and the Bannons of the world because his philosophy is about using American global leadership to enrich his friends and donors, and doesn't want to seemit replaced with a system that will enrich different friends and donors. He wants there to be a strong, global economy that he can rob

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

biracial bear for uncut posted:

To be fair, neither does anybody else in any position of power in the US.

I was just quoting my man yeezy

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

This is someone deserving of death. Holy gently caress

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Chilichimp posted:

and I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe the constitution of the united states protects peoples right to preach hate speech. If you can't yell fire in a crowded theater, you shouldn't be able to yell "Blood and Soil" in a city park, surrounded by angry protesters and sympathetic racists with guns.

Fire in a crowded theater isn't a thing. Please slap your social studies teachers for failing you (or apologize to them for not paying attention, whichever applies). Fun historical fact, it was in reference to antiwar activism. Another example that any limitations on speech and assembly will be used to immediately to afflict the afflicted and comfort the comfortable.

It would be trivial (and wholly loathsome) to apply any vaguely constitutional legislation aimed at thwarting Spencer/Nazis to BLM, for instance. If you doubt that this would happen, remember we've seen lynching charges and convictions against BLM activists... when Sessions was still a senator and Trump still a private citizen. Unless you want to specifically bar the nazis or racist ideologies. For which you would need an amendment, and I'm not optimistic. Arguably, this is not the constitution as it should be. Unfortunately, there's no credible question that it's the constitution as it is.

The guns make for a different and plausibly more productive path. Both protesters and counterprotesters have a constitutional right to assemble that cannot be restricted based on content (which is why the Fash won their suit in Charlottesville). Look to decisions on Hecklers Veto cases to see that noxious views cannot be restricted just because opponents are causing a disruption-no matter how justifiably. Post Charlottesville, counterprotests would have an interesting argument that their rights to peaceably assemble are violated due to the armed nazi trash.

mistaya posted:

Seriously? gently caress GWB. He doesn't get to call for moral decency now.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SethAMandel/status/921036606852788224
https://mobile.twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/921055394776207361

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Office Pig posted:

"When even '______' looks reasonable by comparison" needs to get curbstomped, bulldozed and buried six thousand feet away from our national lexicon.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

It's actually pretty mild red text by "Ever posted in TGRS" standards.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

LaserShark posted:

Well, they do say the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun. Hire a sniper to watch for him.

Hire a sniper? On my salary? Dude, I work in education, I can't even afford to hire a mall cop.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheTweetOfGod/status/920834565324902400

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/rjsmithcpi/status/921053608292085761

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Amazing how people are falling for the same "oh shucks" act that allowed Bush to win/steal numerous elections.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Doctor Butts posted:

Yea but context of that is that you don't have to be killed by someone to be a martyr or figurehead of a cult. Or whatever.

still not sure what your point is. We shouldn't wish death on spencer because reasons?
Hitler was alive and well when he himself mainstreamed the cult. And this cult lived on after him because it existed long before him. Alive or dead he was going to be the figurehead because he hosed up the world and turned genocide into an industry.
Spencer said some nasty poo poo and got punched in the face.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ague Proof posted:

Amazing how people are falling for the same "oh shucks" act that allowed Bush to win/steal numerous elections.

Is it really?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Shame this account doesn't have a verified mark.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hire a sniper? On my salary? Dude, I work in education, I can't even afford to hire a mall cop.

Hey, we all saw the Fox news special. You guys can afford refridgerators and microwaves. Why I bet you even own a color TV you faker

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

I'm imagining a future where Trump is going off on Twitter about how dangerous North Korea is, then the US accidentally nukes itself.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ague Proof posted:

Aw shucks Saddam can hit London in 45 minutes.
Aw shucks war will pay for itself and be over in 6 months.
Aw shucks Bin Laden is too hard to get.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Sounds like a good move here. Set up for america's Chernobyl....why look at all the money Ukraine makes off tourism for that poo poo

I look forward to the day my backyard is full of snorks

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 19, 2017

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Office Pig posted:

"When even '______' looks reasonable by comparison" needs to get curbstomped, bulldozed and buried six thousand feet away from our national lexicon.

so much for the tolerant left

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Office Pig posted:

Is it really?

For real. It's the same motivation behind the Trump Supporter Thinkpieces that are just starting to recede. There's a desperate urge for most Americans, and especially to the center/left, to believe they don't share this country with 100m+ irredeemable trash bags. Anything that presents nonsociopathic reasons for the election of Trump (or Bush) is glommed onto by the press because people devour those stories to reassure themselves that Spencer is an anomaly.

Folks like Joel Anderson at Buzzfeed deserve credit for their stories proving that they're not anomalies at all.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

SocketWrench posted:

Sounds like a good move here. Set up for america's Chernobyl....why look at all the money Ukraine makes off tourism for that poo poo

Nah don't worry, that's mainly about worker safety.

We'll just get more NIOSH investigations of radiation related cancer clusters instead!

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Trump is a pretty bad guy, but honestly in some ways he still hasn't even approached doing the damage that Dubya did.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Democrazy posted:

Trump is a pretty bad guy, but honestly in some ways he still hasn't even approached doing the damage that Dubya did.

We’ve got a few years to go yet.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Paracaidas posted:

Folks like Joel Anderson at Buzzfeed deserve credit for their stories proving that they're not anomalies at all.

I think you mean Joseph Bernstein. Joel Anderson is a Republican member of the California state Senate.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ague Proof posted:

Americans are retarded so what

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Dubya is a loving dildo who has only behaved respectably twice in his entire life: dodging that shoe, and describing Trump's inauguration speech as "some weird poo poo."

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

SocketWrench posted:

still not sure what your point is. We shouldn't wish death on spencer because reasons?
Hitler was alive and well when he himself mainstreamed the cult. And this cult lived on after him because it existed long before him. Alive or dead he was going to be the figurehead because he hosed up the world and turned genocide into an industry.
Spencer said some nasty poo poo and got punched in the face.

The point is that it doesn't matter whether or not Spencer is killed, and by what means. There's already a cult of Nazis out there.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

That Jacob guy's plan is to spam unhinged comments in the replies of every Trump tweet to get his attention so he can be pardoned.

It might just work.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Deteriorata posted:

I think you mean Joseph Bernstein. Joel Anderson is a Republican member of the California state Senate.

@byjoelanderson is was a writer at Buzzfeed who, like his colleague Bernstein, has done impressive work digging into modern white supremacy.

Though I see he's now moved on to ESPN as of a couple months ago. Strongly recommend his long piece on William Regnery from this summer.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Some guy at the school where I work at just threatened to come into the tutoring center and shoot everyone there.

I'm scheduled to work in the tutoring center tomorrow for a solid six hours.

If I die tomorrow in a mass shooting (hopefully it's the only one that happens that day so you know which one is mine) can someone in this thread please make sure to send the following post to every major new network:

"gently caress Donald Trump, gently caress the NRA, gently caress every senator and congressmen who offers up thoughts and prayers over my death. You all could have stopped this, you should have stopped it years ago, but you loving didn't. Either pass some goddamn gun control laws or go to Hell you cowardly shitstains."

Thanks in advance.

gently caress, the Los Vegas shooting was this month and yet it feels like people have already forgotten about it. Which I guess is understandable considering all the other horrible things that are happening, but still.

Ugh, this country has so many problems.

Added this to the OP just in case.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

A 10

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/920687185673752577

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
make sure you add some more load bearing elements to that op so it doesn't collapse under its own weight

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Fart City posted:

Dubya is a loving dildo who has only behaved respectably twice in his entire life: dodging that shoe, and describing Trump's inauguration speech as "some weird poo poo."

If GWB was actually respectable, he would have acknowledged that he deserved to be hit by that shoe and allowed it to do so.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Nate RFB posted:

Back when the stupid newbie avatars changed for the first time, I made this greasemonkey script because I hate change:
code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        StupidNewbie
// @namespace   StupidNewbie
// @description Bring back the original Stupid Newbie avatar
// @include			*forums.somethingawful.com/*
// @version     1.0
// @grant       none
// @run-at document-end
// ==/UserScript==

document.querySelectorAll("img[src$='newbie.gif']")
    .forEach(i => i.src = "http://i.imgur.com/ndDKZnr.jpg");

:discourse:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

If GWB was actually respectable, he would have acknowledged that he deserved to be hit by that shoe and allowed it to do so.

If he wanted to show some empathy he could have put it on and walked a mile.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

The line that everyone is mostly running with in this story is "Hillary Clinton gave away 20% of the United State's uranium to Russia," in a shady backroom, possibly treasonous deal.

Allow me to quickly explain why this is a steaming mound of utter bullshit.

This uranium deal is was an arrangement for Rostatom, a Russian nuclear energy company with vaguely defined goals (This company in 2009 was under investigation by Robert Mueller for corruption.)Rostatom wanted to purchase Uranium One, a Canadian mining firm with licenses to mine American-owned uranium deposits in Kazakhstan.
When the validity of the mining licenses was at issue, $8.65M of donations were made to the Clinton Foundation while this purchase was being hammered out. These donations were from the chairman of Uranium One (CAN), not Rostatom (RUS). The Obama administration gave it the green light, it's not like there was some cloak & dagger secrecy where 'Obama had some arcane knowledge.

Today's NukeChat has been brought to you by, you guessed it-

Reading
the
loving
news.

links are from Newsweek, TheHill, NYT, and the last is a Snopes fact check which gets into the real nitty-gritty.

quote:

The timing of Telfer’s (Uranium One chairman) donations might be questionable if there was reason to believe that Hillary Clinton was instrumental in the approval of the deal with Russia, but all the evidence points to the contrary — that Clinton did not play a pivotal role, and, in fact, may not have played any role at all.

:sax:

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
foxnews keepin it relevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Withnail posted:

foxnews keepin it relevant

Someone make this a distracted guy image