Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm not even on HRT yet and I was jealous of her when she was 'just a crossdresser'. Contra too hot!

yeah, same. she's like the tyler durden to every other trans girl's edward norton @_@

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
Golden One is like dysphoria.jpg. It's nuts. Had a dude friend who is now a lady friend who swoled the gently caress up a few years before she began transitioning. Went from a lankier Arnold to a Disney princess in 3 years, a 1 in a 1000 success story type thing. Very happy for her, though she wasn't far removed from The Golden One physically (or in terms of opinions...) for a while there.

Happy for Contra too! Didn't know she was transitioning, or even that she considered herself a she, though I guess it was kind of in the cards. It's been quite a journey.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

murphyslaw posted:

Golden One is like dysphoria.jpg. It's nuts. Had a dude friend who is now a lady friend who swoled the gently caress up a few years before she began transitioning. Went from a lankier Arnold to a Disney princess in 3 years, a 1 in a 1000 success story type thing. Very happy for her, though she wasn't far removed from The Golden One physically (or in terms of opinions...) for a while there.

Happy for Contra too! Didn't know she was transitioning, or even that she considered herself a she, though I guess it was kind of in the cards. It's been quite a journey.

Contra’s fearlessness in pursuit of the truth is honestly inspirational. She started out an angry internet atheist and proto-mra but followed the evidence where it led and confronted it honestly enough to change her mind. Her choice to transition seems like another iteration of that fearlessness. She’s really a good role model for inquiry, and the kind of person I think of when I imagine what a philosopher should be or do.

noether
May 1, 2017

murphyslaw posted:

Golden One is like dysphoria.jpg ... Very happy for her, though she wasn't far removed from The Golden One physically (or in terms of opinions...) for a while there.

it's kinda funny how common this is with trans women. like I was basically a proto-incel for most of my teen years and I bought into the anti-tumblr rhetoric pretty hard for a while a couple years back. I know my gf was the same way pre-transition, and so were like half of the people on the trans subreddits and discords I use.

and then there's the /lgbt/ crowd who are just... a lost cause.

but yeah, looking at the golden one for too long makes my brain uncomfortable

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

noether posted:

yeah, same. she's like the tyler durden to every other trans girl's edward norton @_@

Or the Ed Norton to my Incredible Hulk :cry:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Who What Now posted:

Those are all "one of the good ones". In a racist's mind they are the exceptions that prove the rules.

I'm 'beginning' to think these beacons of logic might not be the critical thinkers they say they are.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

noether posted:

it's kinda funny how common this is with trans women. like I was basically a proto-incel for most of my teen years and I bought into the anti-tumblr rhetoric pretty hard for a while a couple years back. I know my gf was the same way pre-transition, and so were like half of the people on the trans subreddits and discords I use.

and then there's the /lgbt/ crowd who are just... a lost cause.

but yeah, looking at the golden one for too long makes my brain uncomfortable

DO I wanna know what’s going on in /lgbt/?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

rkajdi posted:

Great, why are we supposed to hate on Jim loving Sterling Son? Dude's a self-admitted degenerate, but I don't get why anybody here should see that as a problem.

He was a big anti-SJW dickhead once upon a time. He flipped position hard years ago and is now a giant pansexual goblin boglin who the alt-right absolutely despise.

noether
May 1, 2017

BigRed0427 posted:

DO I wanna know what’s going on in /lgbt/?

in short, nazi trans girls. they also spend a lot of time shaming non-passing trans women and they're all just ridiculously catty towards each other in general.

somehow, the board has cultivated this reputation of "telling it like it is" w/r/t passing and whatnot, despite mostly just being pessimistic for pessimism's sake. regardless, a lot of the reddit trans community think they're these loving oracles and if they don't have the /lgbt/ seal of approval, they'll never pass and poo poo, and then they get sucked into their impenetrable vortex of negativity. it's just a bad influence all around.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

loving hell...

Edit. I wanna write a thing for trans girls who have JUST realized they are trans. Basically a guide on how not to panic over the revelation and what to expect and what steps they could take to, for example, minor things they can do to alievieate gender dysphoria. A big one of them is “Get the gently caress off 4chan!”

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 19, 2017

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
From a personal perspective I wouldn't want to spend any time around The Golden bloke, he is a bit too creepy for my tastes and I geniunally don't understand how someone as cool as Contra can even "like" them. Even in an ironic way.

noether
May 1, 2017

BigRed0427 posted:

loving hell...

yuuuuup

man, there's this one horrible litigious psycho from that corner of the trans community who a couple of my friends and I had a run-in with a while back. she's bought into all the nazi poo poo despite being a trans woc herself, she runs a sizable discord server for making GBS threads on non-passing folk and raiding other trans servers, she constantly threatens to sue everyone and brags about various legal battles she's been in, and she married a 16-year-old (she was like 20 at the time, iirc) who she groomed for a while... the list goes on. for a bit my idiot friends were like "eh, she doesn't seem so bad," but then she started bragging about her exploits in pedophilia and that was that. loving hell is right.

BigRed0427 posted:

I wanna write a thing for trans girls who have JUST realized they are trans. Basically a guide on how not to panic over the revelation and what to expect and what steps they could take to, for example, minor things they can do to alievieate gender dysphoria. A big one of them is “Get the gently caress off 4chan!”

that'd be pretty rad. anything to get to the eggs or whatever we call them here before the wingnuts do is worthwhile, really. gotta teach them that they're allowed to stand up for themselves and not associate with people who hate them

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Why dont you criticize what he says instead of launching an ad hominem insult.

Hey, find me something he says worth taking seriously and I'll make at least a twenty minute video critiquing it. Aaaand... Go!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I guess it’s just funny to trans women to watch someone who has gone all in on masculinity in its most stereotypical form, including everything toxic about it. Add all the nazi poo poo on top of it and he does become loving amazing Like he just walked out Of a third Reich propaganda poster.

Contra hit the nail on the head: of the golden one did not exist, us leftists would have to create him as a straw man.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

From a personal perspective I wouldn't want to spend any time around The Golden bloke, he is a bit too creepy for my tastes and I geniunally don't understand how someone as cool as Contra can even "like" them. Even in an ironic way.

Eh, he's a somewhat funny, attractive guy who likes nerd poo poo like skyrim and 40k (seriously the daemonette of slaneesh thing was kind of funny) and likes going around in costumes and is obviously very comfortable in his body.

Than he spoils it with his facist poo poo. It is really regrettable, he could be a cool guy but he is so polluted by facist nonsense it makes him intolerable.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Regarde Aduck posted:

He was a big anti-SJW dickhead once upon a time. He flipped position hard years ago and is now a giant pansexual goblin boglin who the alt-right absolutely despise.

Yeah, I get that from hearing some of his older podcasts. However, he figured out what was what almost a decade ago, and is fairly open that he was a poo poo as a young man. If any of these YouTube types changed their tune, I'd like to think that people would be willing to act like it was a valuable step forward instead of just continuing to try to score cheap points.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Madmarker posted:

Eh, he's a somewhat funny, attractive guy who likes nerd poo poo like skyrim and 40k (seriously the daemonette of slaneesh thing was kind of funny) and likes going around in costumes and is obviously very comfortable in his body.

I mean, he's attractive? I mean I can see Contra as attractive, but I have difficulty seeing TGO as all that handsome.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

BigRed0427 posted:

loving hell...

Edit. I wanna write a thing for trans girls who have JUST realized they are trans. Basically a guide on how not to panic over the revelation and what to expect and what steps they could take to, for example, minor things they can do to alievieate gender dysphoria. A big one of them is “Get the gently caress off 4chan!”

Good advice for anyone. It's a toxic, depressing place that will make you hate everything and everyone, even yourself, all under a veneer of irreverence.

noether
May 1, 2017

Josef bugman posted:

I mean, he's attractive? I mean I can see Contra as attractive, but I have difficulty seeing TGO as all that handsome.

yeah, I mean, it's one thing to find fit guys attractive, but he kinda looks like he walked out of the deviantart thread

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

noether posted:

yeah, I mean, it's one thing to find fit guys attractive, but he kinda looks like he walked out of the deviantart thread

His face is too wide for his head that's too tall. Took me a while to realize that.

If he wasn't in shape, he'd be really weird-looking.

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails

Josef bugman posted:

I have difficulty seeing TGO as all that handsome.

Yeah. I've always considered personality to be a very important factor of handsomeness, and TGO's is... his ridiculous bulging legs straddle the border between idiot cargo-cult nazi odinism and straight up being a cult leader with his own little no-fap harem. I'd probably rather eat glass than spend ten minutes with him.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BigRed0427 posted:

I guess it’s just funny to trans women to watch someone who has gone all in on masculinity in its most stereotypical form, including everything toxic about it.

As a cis man, I can assure you that laughing at the golden one transcends gender identity.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

murphyslaw posted:

Yeah. I've always considered personality to be a very important factor of handsomeness, and TGO's is... his ridiculous bulging legs straddle the border between idiot cargo-cult nazi odinism and straight up being a cult leader with his own little no-fap harem. I'd probably rather eat glass than spend ten minutes with him.

Well when people are talking about him being attractive they're talking purely about it in the physical sense (I hope). Personality-wise the dude's a piece of garbage.

noether
May 1, 2017

someone made some kickass contra fanart

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

noether posted:

someone made some kickass contra fanart

That artist does a lot of excellent art and has a twitter for it. Also that image was officially commissioned for Contrapoints merchandise. The proceeds benefit a rotating roster of charities.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Why dont you criticize what he says instead of launching an ad hominem insult.

you never told us what you do for a living IFM

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i bet it's studying for your GCSEs

e/ gcse resits

noether
May 1, 2017

business hammocks posted:

Contrapoints merchandise

:shlick:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I really can't see TGO as attractive in anyway. Besides the being an Actual loving Nazi like Jesus loving Christ, the dude's a walking strawman, a self-parody of hyper-masculinity and machismo poisoning.

I wouldn't even give the dude a game of Warhams, I'd be too busy wavering between resisting punching the poo poo out of his Nazi rear end or trying to figure out how he got all those balloons under his skin.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Maybe I am being too harsh, but yeah past a certain point I would have difficulty even being polite to people who are that into the "volk" movement.

I mean, maybe that is a fault of mine, but seriously I do not see the appeal.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Generally, even the Alt-Lightest of the far-right just tend to be incredibly lovely people to be around. Whether it's spewing Kek/triggered memes or just not shutting the gently caress up about the dreaded ESSJEWS, being a maladjusted social leper is a early warning for someone being a Nazi type.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Kinda tangential to the thread, but I've noticed Twitch chats of any size tend to be complete and utter loving trash, filled with the aforementioned kek/triggered memes and jokes about identifying as an attack helicopter basically anytime the concept of gender is even hinted at.

All I want to do is interact with the guy/gal playing the game I like, and these fuckwits come out of the woodwork to vomit forth their terrible opinions about social topics at the slightest provocation. It must be awful to be anything other than a white man using that platform to broadcast.

Lowtax was right all along, the internet makes you stupid.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Twitch Chat is just the Youtube Comment Section at marathon speed. A blur of Pepes and ASCII swastikas.

I was in the running not long ago for a job that'd have required me to moderate a channel's Twitch stream and while it was one of the better ones, I still feel like I dodged a bullet.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
twitch chats only get good above some critical threshold where it's moving too fast to read so you can only observe the collective consciousness as whatever is spammed the most rises to the top

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
There are two extremes of Twitch chat: the tiny communities you get from niche speedrunners or passionate people who are just streaming for fun where you can actually have a conversation with Real (albeit anonymous) People, and the swarming hive mind of 'NA JAYCE' and 'PogChamp' you get with tens of thousands of people spamming the same chat

everything in between is just a giant cesspit of awful

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I've said it before but it's weird, there's something to The Golden One that makes me feel sorry for them almost more than anything, they feel like a dorky rear end LARP'er who could've been a fun person had they not fell down the nazi hole and become what they are. Really that's anyone who gets suckered into the ~alt-right~ poo poo though, a bunch of people who for whatever misguided reasons, bought into propaganda being sold by fuckin hucksters like Spencer and their ilk. I'd like to believe eventually people like this could be deprogrammed like you do with any horrible cult, but until then I keep feeling split, where on one hand they're poo poo and I hate them for letting themselves ever be duped by the nu-nazis in the first place and the other where I wish they could be helped and further people dissuaded from ever going the same way.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Anyone that is on good terms with Varg Vikernes is likely a nazi. Which the Golden one is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kju3tlmcIIg

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Does anyone know why TGO lives in Ireland? Seems strange for someone who's so into vikings and poo poo to move away from his home country.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Maybe he's on sabbatical to burn some monetaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

nickmeister posted:

Does anyone know why TGO lives in Ireland? Seems strange for someone who's so into vikings and poo poo to move away from his home country.

The vikings did a lot of pillaging of the Irish coast and took over a few cities, he probably just set his aspirations really high.

• Locked thread