Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
What is this uranium nonsense?

I mean, I'd Google it but I'm guessing all I would get is right wing screeching and lies. :shrug:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I mean, I'd Google it but I'm guessing all I would get is right wing screeching and lies. :shrug:

The State Dept had to rubber stamp Russia buying some uranium from an American company or something, which obviously means Hillary personally benefited.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

duz posted:

The State Dept had to rubber stamp Russia buying some uranium from an American company or something, which obviously means Hillary personally benefited.

Not just that, but it wasn't only Hillary who rubber stamped it - there were a number of veto points along the way and no one else batted an eye.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

The new heroes of the Middle East. Israel and Kurdistan.

rip gord

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

duz posted:

To be clear, it wasn't Russia buying uranium, it was a Russian company buying a Canadian company that owns a bunch of uranium mines in the US.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

It's literally nothing. A deal went through the state department of some Russian company buying some Canadian company that owns by proxy some of our Uranium mines. Thats it. Even if it was some secret deal it makes no sense. It's not like Russia doesn't already have uranium and stock piled nukes nor is it like now the US can't make their own nukes nor is it like we just sent over cargo ships of yellow cake. They still have to mine it and cart it out of the country. Any step behind HILLARY WAS AROUND WHEN THING HAPPENED it falls apart even more then your typical conspiracy bullshit put out by the right wing

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 19, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Pakled posted:

To be clear, it wasn't Russia buying uranium, it was a Russian company buying a Canadian company that owns a bunch of uranium mines in the US.

Doesn't every powerful russian company have ties with Putin, even if it's just a matter of survival?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

:vince:

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It's literally nothing. A deal went through the state department of some Russian company buying some Canadian company that owns by proxy some of our Uranium mines. Thats it. Even if it was some secret deal it makes no sense. It's not like Russia doesn't already have uranium and stock piled nukes nor is it like now the US can't make their own nukes nor is it like we just sent over cargo ships of yellow cake. They still have to mine it and cart it out of the country. Any step behind HILLARY WAS AROUND WHEN THING HAPPENED it falls apart even more then your typical conspiracy bullshit put out by the right wing

Thanks, this makes more sense than something about the Nunn-Lugar Agreement :tinfoil:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

:drat:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

:perfect:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

n/m

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I thought the American owned mine was in Kazakhstan and it was the Canadian CEO that gave the money to the Clinton foundation.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

These same wingnuts go balls out in support of the Keystone Pipeline. Guess where the steel to build it comes from. Guess!

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It's dumber than that, because neither company has/had licenses to export the uranium. It's the rights to mine and sell it in the United States.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I just know the Republican response to this is "Oh then I don't have to give a poo poo. Thanks."

When you deal with self centered people like this pulling back and refocusing off themselves usually nets you a big fat zero. Even if this comic is really good social commentary. Love it to pieces.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

The Holden plant is closing and this marks the end of car manufacturing in Australia.

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Also :australia:, the finalists for the Walkley Awards for Excellence in Journalism were announced. The finalist cartoons are:

Matt Golding, The Age, "The Sensible Centre"

David Pope, The Canberra Times, "Murray-Darling Nation"

Cathy Wilcox, The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age, "Low-cost housing, London"

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Not kidding, someone should be doing this to every cartoon he does and tweet it at him from different accounts.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
https://twitter.com/DanAlexander21/status/920660104508268544

So...Garrison, or Branco?

It's "John Barron"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May and universal credit – Motion to pause universal credit rollout passes with 299 votes in favour and 0 against after most Tory MPs abstain"

Telegraph:

Xi Jinping: 'Time for China to take centre stage'

Independent:

Universal credit helpline charges to be scrapped; After Cruikshank.

Times:

Tory MP Tim Loughton spends an hour in the bath every morning 'just thinking about things'

Evening Standard:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

heh. I was hoping someone would change the last balloon to "My political cartoonist husband beats me" but that works too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

gently caress that sounds like my work voicemail inbox some days

(Also, Branco is too dumb to find Forbes number, and Garrison would just keep "accidentally" mentioning how sexy Trump is)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

What's the problem here? Russia is our bestest friend and has never done anything wrong. Why wouldn't we want to help Canada make business deals with them?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So is Lester saying we shouldn't care about those sexual assualt victims because CLINTONS!

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

So is Lester saying we shouldn't care about those sexual assualt victims because CLINTONS!

This is Lester, he undoubtedly thinks that all of them wanted or deserved it.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Faustian Bargain posted:

Not kidding, someone should be doing this to every cartoon he does and tweet it at him from different accounts.

I know we don't touch the poop but if someone can get me his address I'll hand deliver this to him and film it.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Just to remind everyone on the reason why Mike Lester beat his wife, it was because she was dressed to go out, and he was upset that she had been going out often. So he shoved her against the wall, which caused something to fall over and hit her in her arm and cut her.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

seiferguy posted:

Just to remind everyone on the reason why Mike Lester beat his wife, it was because she was dressed to go out, and he was upset that she had been going out often. So he shoved her against the wall, which caused something to fall over and hit her in her arm and cut her.
How is that much detail known about the incident?

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Samurai Sanders posted:

How is that much detail known about the incident?

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/news/editorial-cartoonist-mike-lester-arrested-after-domestic-incident/

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

quote:

Barack Obama has refused to go away and is actively leading an insurrection against President Trump.

Smash Cut to Obama sitting on his front porch reading a book.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Are Republicans seriously try to run with the narrative that "actually, it was Clinton that colluded with Russia!"

They've been blaming Obama for the war in Iraq and the recession basically since day one of his presidency.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Trump dynasty. God, what a nightmare.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

this is an absolutely flawless, no-fat joke :gowron:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Man, these guys are right, President Hillary Clinton sure got up to some shady stuff

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The Big Word posted:

Man, these guys are right, President Hillary Clinton sure got up to some shady stuff

Shadow President Hillary Clinton.

https://twitter.com/johnrobertsFox/status/920060656065433600

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Sagebrush posted:

They've been blaming Obama for the war in Iraq and the recession basically since day one of his presidency.

Given that he didn't arrest the criminals behind either and thus, y'know, do his loving job, I'm ok with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

chairface posted:

Given that he didn't arrest the criminals behind either and thus, y'know, do his loving job, I'm ok with that.

John Oliver did a really good piece explaining the Clinton Foundation Russia/Uranium thing thirteen months ago. He starts talking about it around the 8:55 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Lfd1aB9YI&t=535s

• Locked thread