Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Wafflecopper posted:

stop getting trolled guys

it's a happy day be happy
Oh yeah man I am pumped as hell. Like, I tried to go to sleep and realised I was too amped up to sleep, and now I'm running around the house just tryna burn all this poo poo off. It's not a perfect day, but it's a loving good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

The wording is redundant, just like Bill

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Xik posted:

What the Greens just sent out:

nice. tho this is a bit lame:
"... and have a referendum on legalising the personal use of cannabis at, or by, the 2020 general election."

slinkimalinki posted:

It's a good outcome but it also makes me nervous for reasons I can't quite articulate. I guess I'll wait to see what those ministerial positions are.

transport seems like a no-brainer, and they're probably gonna be in the mix for environment/conservation/climate change

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What?! He was gloating like he was getting his rear end wiped with silk on his election night speech expecting Winston would just come to him over a quick phone call.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

There's some great schadenfreude watching the Aussie media tear into Julie Bishop

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bill English Born Loser

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Whoa legalised weed referendum just sneaks in there.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
“Does the Prime Minister stand by all her previous statements?” Asks Judith Collins with a smirk.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow, Winston was a bit pissed about the hit job media did on him and in some part to the Greens.

gently caress me though the questions were inane.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

This is from a Stuff article and by far my favourite thing to happen so far:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Mike Hosking: Already a mess - we are all in trouble

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Dragonstoned posted:

I made this in celebration

Thank you so much. I have shared this on Bookface, with the disclaimer that I blatantly stole it from some dude in this thread.

If only Leighton Smith had a camera on him when the announcement was made. We could've powered Auckland for 6 months from the heat emanating from his skull.

steeltoedsneakers
Jul 26, 2016

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Thank you so much. I have shared this on Bookface, with the disclaimer that I blatantly stole it from some dude in this thread.

If only Leighton Smith had a camera on him when the announcement was made. We could've powered Auckland for 6 months from the heat emanating from his skull.

I dunno, the implication from Smith prob still stands in his mind: the experienced old codger got exactly what he wanted out of the negotiations due to the other side's inexperience.

But yes, also probably aware he called the soon to be PM a 'chicky babe' in very recent, well recallable, public memory.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

She's planning her return. And now she's angry.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

She'll now be pulling the ladder out from someone above her, too.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

The Rabbi T. White posted:

She'll now be pulling the ladder out from someone above her, too.

Then cutting their disability benefits

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERgQ5MwCKiw

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

:byewhore:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:qq:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

From au thread

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Welp, optimism is setting in. So I've joined the Greens before the weary malaise of the world takes back over.

I'd forgotten what it's like to not just be expecting the worst to happen. What a strange feeling.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Yeah me too.

OTOH Hooton has left twitter so we don't get to see him fantastically melt down in real time. I'm forced to imagine him sobbing into his pillow, but my graceless victory needs pics.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Hosking on the verge of tears is the greatest thing I'm going to see for the rest of the year.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Why did hoots leave twitter? Frickin plunket lasted about 24 hours off twit

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Why did hoots leave twitter?

One can only hope that he has been banned from using the Internet.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I dunno how I feel about a full legalisation referendum, I'm worried it'd fail. Would it be better to go for decriminalisation?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

bike tory posted:

I dunno how I feel about a full legalisation referendum, I'm worried it'd fail. Would it be better to go for decriminalisation?

Hopefully it could be a two part question, a) do you support decriminalisation b) do you support full legalisation?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/mattandjerry/status/921149812820414464

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

bike tory posted:

Maybe I'm hopelessly naive, but I feel like there's more people who will come out to vote for cannabis than against it, because they've gotta actually show up to vote.

There's a whole lot of people who might probably vote 'no' but also don't care enough to change their schedule. The people who will vote 'no' are the people who really care about it being illegal instead of those who kinda just think it should be illegal but more-than-that don't give a gently caress.

People who want legalisation, by definition, give a gently caress.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

It will be a postal vote no doubt. Or else at the same time as the 2020 general.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i hope they haven't forgotten how psychotic the business community and farmers were during the last labour govt

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bike tory posted:

Legalised it's a revenue stream for the government and horticulture jobs, which is probably a better sell to anti-pot people than keeping pot smokers on the streets instead of in jail.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

lol

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That tweet's gone. What was it?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
The first retarded "this is not democratic" piece has arrived right on schedule, on the herald courtesy of richard prebble. It's quite the tantrum

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Vagabundo posted:

That tweet's gone. What was it?

Jeremy Wells' Like Mike election reaction featuring Blade Runner face meld.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Wandle Cax posted:

The first retarded "this is not democratic" piece has arrived right on schedule, on the herald courtesy of richard prebble. It's quite the tantrum

I just read it and wow. Wow. Woooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I mean yeah nah, national got the most votes though

However more people voted against than for

So

• Locked thread