Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

89 posted:

Best IR stash? It's a redraft league, but it has an IR spot. I figured I might as well pick up and throw David Johnson in there. I think half the league doesn't realize there's in IR spot. Cause Greg Olsen is on the waiver wire, too.

DJ is the home run play if you're in good shape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
With Tate on bye and Parker likely out I'm going to need to drop someone for a receiver. Full PPR.
Chris Thompson, Kamara, Duke Johnson, Montgomery, and Henry are my flex guys, starting Gurley and Hunt. I just spent some FAAB on Henry this week so I'd rather hold him. I also have 2 QBs right now because of Deshaun Watson's bye but I don't want to ditch him either even though I think it's the right thing to do. Starting Goff this week and best QB on waivers is Stafford/Manning. Someone guide me to the right decision.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Felter Chesthard posted:

With Tate on bye and Parker likely out I'm going to need to drop someone for a receiver. Full PPR.
Chris Thompson, Kamara, Duke Johnson, Montgomery, and Henry are my flex guys, starting Gurley and Hunt. I just spent some FAAB on Henry this week so I'd rather hold him. I also have 2 QBs right now because of Deshaun Watson's bye but I don't want to ditch him either even though I think it's the right thing to do. Starting Goff this week and best QB on waivers is Stafford/Manning. Someone guide me to the right decision.

That's a tough one. Those are all top 24 RBs this week, except Henry. I'd get a trade going 1:1 for a WR, fast.

Speaking of tough ones, my fantasy football column this week is My Wife Lost Her Job, We May Lose Our House, yet I'm Still Not as Salty about It as You Are about Losing Aaron Rodgers

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmfao this one guy in my league is bitching to me again about my trade for Amari Cooper (I pounced on the Zeke owner and sold high on Fuller.).

Basically he's lovely because I didn't allow him to collude with our Taco and get Ajayi for Robby Anderson (he later dropped him) and Nelson Agholor. But somehow my trade was worse because I actually grabbed those two players off the wire, nevermind the Zeke situation or the stats between Fuller and Amari.

The whole thing is hilarious. This is a guy who actually autodrafted on purpose because he claimed to be too good at fantasy football that he had to handicap himself to give the rest of us a chance. Yet I'm 6-0 and he's 4-2. :thunk:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

That's a tough one. Those are all top 24 RBs this week, except Henry. I'd get a trade going 1:1 for a WR, fast.

Speaking of tough ones, my fantasy football column this week is My Wife Lost Her Job, We May Lose Our House, yet I'm Still Not as Salty about It as You Are about Losing Aaron Rodgers

This article is funny. Not in the ha-ha laugh out loud at jokes way, but in the explicit cheerful pain overlaying the implicit, much deeper pain that speaks to a jaded and pessimistic soul like myself.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The guy who auto drafted in my league is undefeated. It's 2017's version of Suzie in the mailroom filling out the winning March bracket.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

kiimo posted:

The guy who auto drafted in my league is undefeated. It's 2017's version of Suzie in the mailroom filling out the winning March bracket.

One guy in my 12-man has autodrafted two years in a row, and rarely makes any waiver moves.

He won last year, is currently 3rd this year.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Abugadu posted:

One guy in my 12-man has autodrafted two years in a row, and rarely makes any waiver moves.

He won last year, is currently 3rd this year.

Fantasy isn't some super hard ~gonna be the best~ game, it is basically random bullshit. You could read espn and win leagues easily, there just isn't that much you can do to give yourself an advantage.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
In my friends work league someone took seahawks D in the second and Justin Tucker in the fourth.
He started 4-0 with the most point. I hAven't checked since then, let me text my friend for an update

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Can't believe I am asking this but would you play Carr tonight vs. KC or C.J. Beathard vs. Dallas? This would be my QB2 behind Cousins.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

MrSargent posted:

Can't believe I am asking this but would you play Carr tonight vs. KC or C.J. Beathard vs. Dallas? This would be my QB2 behind Cousins.

Carr. A lot of people are taking the over for this game.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

RisqueBarber posted:

Thanks, also my bad for not posting in Sit/Start.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Best IR stash? It's a redraft league, but it has an IR spot. I figured I might as well pick up and throw David Johnson in there. I think half the league doesn't realize there's in IR spot. Cause Greg Olsen is on the waiver wire, too.

DJ for sure.

MrSargent posted:

Thanks, also my bad for not posting in Sit/Start.

He did, which is why I started Cooper.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Traded for Amari yesterday :cool:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
i gave up on cooper and sat him for some JAG WR i picked off the pile and now he does this

i hate everything fuuuuuuuuuck

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Traded for Amari yesterday :cool:

What's up my "Traded for Amari" brother! :cheers:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

I love you.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

... wait, this can't be right... start Amari Cooper?

nice call

e. btw it looks like Cooper is mostly being matched up against rookie Terrence Mitchell, and I think the Raiders know he's vulnerable.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

So....flip Amari tomorrow? Or did he just need a game like this to get right mentally and now he'll be a solid WR2 going forward?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

So....flip Amari tomorrow? Or did he just need a game like this to get right mentally and now he'll be a solid WR2 going forward?

I think I'm rolling with him.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I wanna see him win a contested catch against someone other than Mitchell. That Crabtree catch on the sideline was also against Mitchell. Coop needs to be useful when covered by someone good. But it's a positive development for sure and if the only problem was that he was dealing with the yips and now he's got his head straight, then I'd say yeah start him.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

I’m rolling with him. The last two years weren’t a fluke.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I have an opportunity to give up Chris Hogan for Zeke. I know Zeke is high risk, but do you guys think Hogan will keep up his current production?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Leperflesh posted:

I wanna see him win a contested catch against someone other than Mitchell. That Crabtree catch on the sideline was also against Mitchell. Coop needs to be useful when covered by someone good. But it's a positive development for sure and if the only problem was that he was dealing with the yips and now he's got his head straight, then I'd say yeah start him.

I’m

Leperflesh posted:

Don’t care how good of a game Amari has. I’m still happy i was able to trade him for Cousins since I was streaming QB’s basically alternating between Taylor and Siemian.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I have an opportunity to give up Chris Hogan for Zeke. I know Zeke is high risk, but do you guys think Hogan will keep up his current production?

Do that now.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gobias Ind. posted:

Depending on the price, sure. But I am rolling with him.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Gobias Ind. posted:

Depends on what you can get and what you have, but this is Cooper all the time. He has a couple huge games and then the rest he kind of farts around and you get mad that Carr throws to Crabtree in the redzone.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Alfalfa posted:

Do that now.

Yeah I figured I'd be selling high, just wanted to make sure. I haven't followed things as closely as usual this year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hello Mr. Cooper, where the hell have you been all season?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Richard is looking more and more startable. I've got him stashed on my dynasty team and I'm wavering on whether he's getting enough volume to be flexxing in over the likes of Charles/Powell/Gio Bernard

e. especially if marshawn lynch comes off the bench to assault referees with more regularity

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Cooper still dropping balls like puberty.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

2 balls through Cooper's hands since those TDs. I think I'm gonna try to trade him to somebody that didn't actually watch the game and just sees the statline.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It has gotten wet but yeah the man has butterfingers

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gobias Ind. posted:

2 balls through Cooper's hands since those TDs. I think I'm gonna try to trade him to somebody that didn't actually watch the game and just sees the statline.

I am the biggest Cooper truther out there and even I think this might be time to sell high.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Get whatever you can for Cooper (SELL HIGH DINGUSES) because the one big play was literally uncalled OPI, barely not out of bounds, and barely a touchdown... all on a trick play

and he's had two drops

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Regretting trading away Alex Smith. Dak better not fail me.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Cam or Russ ROS? Gonna try and pry away Ertz from the Rodgers owner.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Still Dougie Jones, not yet Cooper

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
wrong thread

edit:

Alex Smith is the real deal.

decypher fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU