Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany posted:

Brio is a swedish train set :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

My grandparents bought me so much of that stuff when I was a kid because I was one of those 'odd' children who was obsessed with big machines. I've still got an absolute treasure trove of Brio and model cars in my parents' attic that my kids are going to enjoy the gently caress out of one day*

*or I'll eBay the lot as vintage toys and buy them whatever game console to shut them up idk

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
So this is a thing

https://twitter.com/5liveSport/status/921115972089647105

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

God loving dammit my life's dream of hearing Jooooooooolyooooooon Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaalmeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr :negative:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

I don't want you to end up tasting the #PooisPotion, getting addicted to that #megaflavour and ending up like Layne Staley, friend.

This is amazing

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
how do they keep the champagne cool for the post-race celebrations

are they in fridges or coolers and ice?

my friend wants to know

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
e: gently caress this

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m legit pissed off that they seem to have discontinued the “doctor”energy drink. If you see it stockpile that poo poo. I had the flu twice this year and although I’m not sure it cured me quicker, it did get me high as balls and not only able to function as normal but also to decorate an entire house in four days.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
does anyone remember when the US had an energy drink called "Cocaine" for like six months

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yes

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Feels Villeneuve posted:

does anyone remember when the US had an energy drink called "Cocaine" for like six months

I think it still exists.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CxsdbSRpmI

Hartley's response here is really nice. He also admits he hasn't driven a single seater since 2012, heh.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

learnincurve posted:

I’m legit pissed off that they seem to have discontinued the “doctor”energy drink. If you see it stockpile that poo poo. I had the flu twice this year and although I’m not sure it cured me quicker, it did get me high as balls and not only able to function as normal but also to decorate an entire house in four days.

I can only think anyone who describes an energy drink as something that gets them "high as balls" is like, instant coffee boring

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

iospace posted:

I think it still exists.

It does but its harder to find than cocaine.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DIOS MIO, POR QUÉ NO TENGO NINGÚN PODER, NO PUEDO MANTENERSE CON LANCE STROLL.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Our hockey team in high school got our hands on this before a game. The game ended with a bench clearing brawl, fans coming onto the ice, and the police getting called.

They should bring it back.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CxsdbSRpmI

Hartley's response here is really nice. He also admits he hasn't driven a single seater since 2012, heh.

Jesus, look at how many diamond necklaces Poois is wearing.

We get it, dude.

Khablam posted:

I can only think anyone who describes an energy drink as something that gets them "high as balls" is like, instant coffee boring

To be fair, cocaine is overrated by media and is basically the same as caffeine.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

take the knee, Poois

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

take the knee, Poois

http://www.mystatesman.com/sports/motor-sports/star-hamilton-rules-out-taking-knee-before-grand-prix/nmkLasUhdblXzn8e7L1qKK/

Nah he's too spoiled like all F1 drivers

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
It would be pretty weird for a foreign athlete who regularly competes in the UAE and Azerbaijan along with other nightmare regimes to exclusively single out the domestic institutional abuses of the USA for protest to be fair

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
When I'm in F1 I'll exclusively race in Canada, Monaco, Germany, Australia, Spain, Austria, Belgium, Italy, Singapore and Japan.

The rest can go gently caress themselves.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Wirth1000 posted:

When I'm in F1 I'll exclusively race in Canada, Monaco, Germany, Australia, Spain, Austria, Belgium, Italy, Singapore and Japan.

Monaco instead of Australia? What's wrong with you?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

If this is related to

Bryter posted:

It would be pretty weird for a foreign athlete who regularly competes in the UAE and Azerbaijan along with other nightmare regimes to exclusively single out the domestic institutional abuses of the USA for protest to be fair

then:

Uhh... something about First Nations peoples...

iirc all the poors in Monaco are like a de facto slave caste...

Offshore concentration camps, major indigenous issues, heavy doses of casual racism in mainstream culture.

The final solution for the Catalan and Basque problems.

There's a reason it's a breeding ground for terrorists.

De facto dictatorship.

Re-writes history on a yearly basis. Apparently "nanjing" was a "minor incident, not that many people died and the perfidious chinese blew it out of proportion". Also massively racist to anyone not Japanese.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It was in response to that post, yes.

Canada because Canada

Monaco cause I wanna rub shoulders with all the Russian mobsters that have moved in and taken over the place

Australia because I wanna see a kangaroo IRL

Spain because I want to make a pilgrimage to Asturias and pray at Alonso's musuem

Belgium.... Belgium.... ok, we can cross Belgium off. It's pretty much a Saudi vassal state.

Singapore cause it looks incredible, neat, and tidy I don't know what a dictatorship because shiny

Japan because come on... come on. It's Japan!

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Wirth1000 posted:

Whoa, I just looked this up and it sounds amazing. I'm hoping Canada at least has this poo poo somehow there's enough Italians living in the GTA.

You'd probably find it in the San Pellegrino brand.

In Australia Coca Cola makes it's own derivative branded as Bisleri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzgdxxP7gg0

This poo poo rocks, enjoy it with ice cubes and some charcuterie and pretend you're one of us. :italy:

aequalis fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 20, 2017

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
In honor of halloween we should switch to Boo!is Hamilton imo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

aequalis posted:

You'd probably find it in the San Pellegrino brand.

In Australia Coca Cola makes it's own derivative branded as Bisleri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzgdxxP7gg0

This poo poo rocks, enjoy it with ice cubes and some charcuterie and pretend you're one of us. :italy:

I just googled and apparently Brio is a mostly Canadian brand and apparently sweeter than Italian chinotto.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

High school me was loving stoked to find a can of Cocaine

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

High school me was loving stoked to find a can of Cocaine

Why? It was an open secret. Third floor bathroom on the back corn--- oh, a can.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Bryter posted:

:hai:

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

Wirth1000 posted:

Here's a Swedish guy drinking it out of a wine glass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNh7vvVTTEw

Ironically, that guy will be dead from heart failure at the age of 44.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I keep reading the thread title and thinking Seb is moving to Formula E for a half second

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pirate Radar posted:

I keep reading the thread title and thinking Seb is moving to Formula E for a half second

You mean he isn't?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Poois Potion tastes like those tree shaped air fresheners carpet salesman have in their cars.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Theophany posted:

Poois Potion tastes like those tree shaped air fresheners carpet salesman have in their cars.

girlfriend told him to eat more 'pineapple' but he thought she said 'pine'.

Now that I think about energy drinks, there was this time in the mid 90ties that they were almost like hipster beers now.
You had these stores over here that just sold exotic energy drinks and it was basically all the same chemicals mixed with an unholy amount of sugar and caffeine.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Lol, Hartley is starting from the back of the grid. Toro Rosso is swapping out his entire power train which gives him something like 30 place penalty.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hartley-set-to-start-debut-f1-race-from-back-of-grid-967642/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Will be even more amusing for it when he bins it and totals the car.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Lol, Hartley is starting from the back of the grid. Toro Rosso is swapping out his entire power train which gives him something like 30 place penalty.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hartley-set-to-start-debut-f1-race-from-back-of-grid-967642/

Well they have to use up all those Renault bits I guess.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Just preparing for next season, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If he heroically drives to first he’ll be Heartly, if he fucks up and trashes it on the first lap he’ll be Hardly

• Locked thread