Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You know you don't have to get into a serious relationship with every woman you gently caress. You can have some fun with a single mom when they get free time and not ever have anything to do with or interact with the kid in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Children confuse and disgust me.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

So glad my gf has no interest at all in having kids. Happy to spoil my nephew and soon-arriving niece and hand them back when they get too lovely.

I'll take doggos over babbys any day.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've got about three or four years before I'm gonna consider kids.

We're both getting genetic testing beforehand, though since we're so ethnically different it's probably completely unnecessary but eh.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

You know you don't have to get into a serious relationship with every woman you gently caress. You can have some fun with a single mom when they get free time and not ever have anything to do with or interact with the kid in any way.

That's how the trap is laid. There's one in New Mexico trying to play it on me now. I logged back into okc and she's just been messaging away. If it gets to the point of her making a booty drive, I won't turn it down, but she's well informed of my non-friendly status with children and she has two boys under 10.

Besides, I see the local one every work day. She doesn't work at my company, just at the stop I hit for coffee and cigarettes. Been going there for a year, she's just been more and more of a flirt, casually discusses her also lovely dating life, that kind of poo poo. I'm confident I could get a date if I asked. Her kid is a 3ish daughter. Probably less handful than two boys under 10.

I might be overly suspicious, but it's kept me kid free so far.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

There's a pair of young 30 sisters live down the road from me. Really nice, attractive women. They got a big farm and are very out doorsy. Way thinner than my type though.
One has a son that needs to be fed to their pigs though.
Little poo poo pulled a knife on my boy. Took all my strength to not backhand him into the next week.
gently caress.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Fiancee and I both don't want kids, and I don't see that changing at all on either end. We're both content to have a few dogs and some cats, and then travel a bunch. I'm also totally down with being the cool uncle, or at least thinking I'm the cool uncle.

What sucks though is my mom and her parents are still on the "WELL YOU SHOULD REALLY THINK ABOUT IT, CAUSE CHILDREN ARE THE FUTURE, AND ALSO GRANDCHILDREN!" It's doubly annoying on her end because her sister already has two kids, so it's not like they are missing out on having grandkids. She's also going through a divorce right now and wants to potentially have a third with her rekindled boyfriend from high school. :psyduck:

I need to get a vasectomy though. My GP gave me the referral but I've been busy so I still haven't called for my initial appointment.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

kids are cool imo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Some kids are ok. I don't have a blanket "no kids" rule because that removes most of the sane women out there, but if your kids are shitheads that's a big noooooope.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
My 1SG is big on families and kids and poo poo and anyone with a family gets instant brownie points with him. It's almost like he's personally offended by the fact that I'm 30 and in no rush to settle down and start having kids.

Actually it's really loving weird how many people in the Army just love popping out babies. I've never met so many people with 3-6 kids before.

My whole unit has kind of transformed this year. Last year all the social events were mostly just other soldiers or adults and everyone was drinking and having a good time, now it's little kids running around everywhere and much tamer and extremely boring.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
It's because they pay you more the more kids you have.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/JonesTaiwan_/status/921222949918588929?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'd be all for having a kid but I'd like to skip all the lovely parts...or 80% of it's years growing up followed by being the dude who's super proud of their kid because they didn't end up in jail by 22 and got the assistant manager position at Whataburger

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I'm glad neither me or the wife ever wanted children. I would have been such tremendously lovely parenting material and my kid would probably have been some vicious Lord of the Flies/Damien doppelganger that would torture small animals for fun. But at least I realize this, unlike a lot of people who have children.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

MurderBot posted:

I'd be all for having a kid but I'd like to skip all the lovely parts...or 80% of it's years growing up followed by being the dude who's super proud of their kid because they didn't end up in jail by 22 and got the assistant manager position at Whataburger

If you're still serious about this later in life and don't want to just feel like a lonely old person, there are all sorts of opportunities to sponsor clubs, mentor individuals, help fund events, etc at the high school and college level. My dorm floor had a guy who would occasionally host a cookout or take a group of a dozen or so out to an ethnic restaurant, which was a nice luxury as poor college kids. He got to keep in touch with some students and see what we were up to, we got to talk to this chill dude and have food. (It helped that his goal was not to try to bang college chicks, and he was acknowledged by and affiliated with the university)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The use of the term "finna" confuses me more than the use of the term "fixin" did 18 years ago.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

"Taiwan Jones" is an awesome name

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

If you're still serious about this later in life and don't want to just feel like a lonely old person, there are all sorts of opportunities to sponsor clubs, mentor individuals, help fund events, etc at the high school and college level. My dorm floor had a guy who would occasionally host a cookout or take a group of a dozen or so out to an ethnic restaurant, which was a nice luxury as poor college kids. He got to keep in touch with some students and see what we were up to, we got to talk to this chill dude and have food. (It helped that his goal was not to try to bang college chicks, and he was acknowledged by and affiliated with the university)

In the grand aspect of everything I'd honestly be all for having a kid, just not now. Both my parents traveled and essentially lived good lives kid free until they were 37 and 33 respectively, followed by popping out 3 kids after they both saw the world and we're ready to take the plunge into parenting. That was drilled into my head about enjoying your life and fostering a career/traveling/gathering life experience before you plunge into the world of diapers and PTA meeting.

I guess I don't see the drive to have kids when you're so young, the idea of dedicating your 20's to raising a child just doesn't really appeal to me... And to be honest, I'd rather just adopt a kid since theres probably a kid that doesn't have parents who needs to learn about star wars, video games and riding bikes

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah see that'd be my problem if I were an old lonely guy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

A Bad Poster posted:

It's because they pay you more the more kids you have.

This is sarcasm, right?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

This is sarcasm, right?

No. Lower enlisted are dumb and think that because they get paid more if they have dependents they might as well pop out a few kids for that extra pay.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Godholio posted:

This is sarcasm, right?

The fools. Little do they realize that the good money comes from housing foster kids.

Noted shitheel LaVoy Finicum (aka Tarp Ghost) got real mad when his foster kids were removed during his armed takeover of the Oregon wildlife sanctuary last year. Probably not mad because of any affection for them, but because he earned more than a hundred thousand dollars a year for fostering, and that was almost his entire yearly income.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/get-the-government-s-hands-off-my-foster-kid-subsidies
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/robert_lavoy_finicum_killed_in.html

This kind of thing is weirdly common among antigovernment militia types. Guess it's one way to build the militia and fund it at the same time.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
A woman in my office has 8 foster kids. The secret is to get them in staggered ages, but no more than a few years at most. You do this so you can vastly cut down on clothing expenses.

I mean, the woman is super nice and takes care of the kids very well but yeah you can totally game the system for megabux if you plan it out intelligently.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

A woman in my office has 8 foster kids. The secret is to get them in staggered ages, but no more than a few years at most. You do this so you can vastly cut down on clothing expenses.

I mean, the woman is super nice and takes care of the kids very well but yeah you can totally game the system for megabux if you plan it out intelligently.

Considering the alternative I don't even think I'd think of this as gaming the system.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Scent is very strongly tied to memory. Whatever is in the bar sink I’m sitting in front of, is giving me hardcore KP flashbacks.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

Scent is very strongly tied to memory. Whatever is in the bar sink I’m sitting in front of, is giving me hardcore KP flashbacks.

Vomit and sadness?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
gays cure feminism tyia

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWrJAaUU1r8

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The truck starts, runs, and they're doing final prep to drive it out of Nebraska to Florida if you're not following the AI thread.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Nice! posted:

The truck starts, runs, and they're doing final prep to drive it out of Nebraska to Florida if you're not following the AI thread.

is he still doing meth? that's about the point where poo poo stopped being funny for me

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Professor Bling posted:

is he still doing meth? that's about the point where poo poo stopped being funny for me

No he's actually cleaned up.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I'm watching that Anthony Bordain show, I don't remember the name right now, but its the episode where he goes to Vietnam. There is a brief part where he sits down there to have dinner with Obama during his visit to Vietnam and its really upsetting to me how we have donnie dumbfuck in the white house now. How did we go from someone as personable as that to a fat dumb gently caress.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'm watching that Anthony Bordain show, I don't remember the name right now, but its the episode where he goes to Vietnam. There is a brief part where he sits down there to have dinner with Obama during his visit to Vietnam and its really upsetting to me how we have donnie dumbfuck in the white house now. How did we go from someone as personable as that to a fat dumb gently caress.

A lot of fat dumb fucks felt unrepresented.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
They should have stayed that way and died of meth in their squalor hollars.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

FOUR MORE YEARS. FOUR MORE YEARS.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Mr. Nice! posted:

tf this all about, I see it referenced from time to time. Someone sum it up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

Leperflesh posted:

2016: 
- Sims found a dump truck! In Near...Nebraska? 
DJDanno volunteered a spot on his property to have the truck towed to, because it's not running and Sims doesn't want to have it trailered all the way to his place in Florida 
snip 
- Sims found a van and drove it there! 
- Sims and I think DJDanno worked on engine swap, but could not complete the job before Sims had to go back to Florida 
paste-14 Inch Dick! drives a jeep out to Nebraska on his own, intending to get the Trukk running and drive it Florida in time for Xmas 
- ...van motor fits in the truck? Van is home now? 
- Dick's jeep is on fire? 
-the truck starts! But still needs brakes, exhaust, etc. to be driveable 
-gets too cold, Dick goes west for the winter! 

-Dick is ready! 
-Things happen! 
-Greyhoundpocalypse! 
-many events happen to get Dick to the truck! 
-did the greyhound package get anywhere? Yes, it finally caught up to Dick, after being dropped off at the bus stop they insisted it could not be delivered to, and then FedExed from there halfway around the country in order to get delivered like 50 miles away 
-how did we get a popup trailer? An amazing donation to the cause by Tremek from I think Denver? who drove down to NE, bought a trailer camper, got it working, new tires on it, picked up Dick, and delivered it all to the field in Nebraska, along with supplies, on his own dime 
-lots of paypals and tools and sleeping bags and a god drat water heater 
- and a doggo 

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

:stwoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myOcoYYdyHg

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i dont know who that is but she says 'out' funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Smiling Jack posted:

Goon (Exploding Sims) bought a truck in Montana, has it trailered to another goons house in Nebraska.
Sims buys a van, drives it to Nebraska, with the intention of taking the van engine and putting it in the truck.
Goons fund a down and out meth head (14 INCH DICK) from Seattle to buy an old Jeep and drive to Nebraska to do this. He's kind of a forums celebrity because he's a meth head, has posted frequently about his crazy hallucinations and problems. He's a good guy though, just has substance abuse and mental health issues.
Old jeep burns to the ground in Nebraska.
14 Inch absolutely thrives away from Seattle - he gets clean, looks way healthier, is happy.
Project didn't get finished in time, winter sets in, 14 goes back to Seattle. Goes right back on the stuff, voluntarily becomes homeless and lives on the streets.

Goons funded him in every step.. old jeep, food, cigs, travel, etc. AI grouped together to give him money to buy an old car in Nebraska - he didn't buy the car, used it to avoid homelessness for awhile back in Seattle.

14 was basically gonna die on the streets of Seattle.... he sells his tools (was a car mechanic by trade) and anything else he can, buys a bicycle, and goons fund him this summer/fall to take a Greyhound back to Nebraska. Disaster strikes every step of the way, and goons rescue him and also buy him a pop up trailer so he doesn't have to live in a tent in a field in Nebraska in fall to fix a truck for freeish.

Away from Seattle he's clean again, happy again, getting healthy again. Truck now runs and moves, and they're just now heading back to Sim's home in Florida.

14 Inch plans to ride his bike from Florida to Denver, where he will attempt to rebuild his life.

It's been a wild ride following this saga for over a year now.

Edit: took too long typing and getting my chinese food stuffed in my mouth hole.

`Nemesis fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 23, 2017

• Locked thread