Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I am stuck at uni with nothing to do for two hours and all I want is to go home and help my good friend malekith and all his pals go on a Viking murder adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I'm on hold to follow up with the surgeon to get my gallbladder out and the hold music is "Happy"

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
I tripped over the charging cord for a Tesla while walking home from yoga.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
My headphones (with mic) aren't working and I had to cancel a game night with my friends because of it :(

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Bamabalacha posted:

I tripped over the charging cord for a Tesla while walking home from yoga.

The public, free charging station for Tesla's in my neighborhood is next to a really hipsterish burger place (Smash Burger). I have to walk a quarter mile through the massive parking lot to get to a Mr Pickleman's sandwich shop.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I have a meeting during the time that I normally eat lunch, so I have to eat early and will be super-hungry when I get home from work because of it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Flaccid Trip posted:

I'm on hold to follow up with the surgeon to get my gallbladder out and the hold music is "Happy"

I like that song, but a lyric annoys me - "clap along if you feel like a room without a roof" seems to imply that you need cheering up, like you are feeling incomplete, but rooms without roofs do exist, they are called COURTYARDS, and they are lovely. A room without a roof should be having a great time, all the security of being indoors while having a massive hole to let fresh air in.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm in the running for a job I want but I'd have to take an initial pay cut of about 5K.

I already make very little but it's a smart move in the long run.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Our apartment-hunting is going to have to be condensed into about a week of running around in January. We anticipate stress.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
The dairy queen near me closed, so I got a mcflurry at McDonald's instead of an Oreo blizzard. It wasn't as good.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I didn't win an auction on ebay for something I didn't really need but kinda wanted.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Thin Privilege posted:

I was at the vet and while I was checking out I saw one of the guys computers and he was filling out a for for the pet cremation place where my dog was cremated and I started crying in the middle of checking out. Then I saw the vet tech carrying this cat out of the room completely without compassion. She just stuck the cat under her right arm as if she was carrying a box or something. Had to draw, sorry for my lack of skills

Also my cats vet bills are super expensive and my dumb condo payment posts FIVE DAYS before it was supposed to, so the combination made me go info a negatives balance on my bank account, and get fined for it. I am now completely broke and have had to steal food from my work so I could eat. Wonnderful! :911:

I also have a poo poo ton of medical bills that I can't pay. Looking forward to the collector's letters and calls. Also now I can't afford my medicine. Lol. :911::patriot::911:

America really shouldn't be considered a first world country any more :(

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

I like that song, but a lyric annoys me - "clap along if you feel like a room without a roof" seems to imply that you need cheering up, like you are feeling incomplete, but rooms without roofs do exist, they are called COURTYARDS, and they are lovely. A room without a roof should be having a great time, all the security of being indoors while having a massive hole to let fresh air in.

And here's me interpreting it as meaning you raised the roof so much it came off, implying you were already super happy.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I just took a swig of my beer, but it was cider instead. Still tasty though.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

OwlFancier posted:

And here's me interpreting it as meaning you raised the roof so much it came off, implying you were already super happy.

Never even considered the lyric may have been transformative.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Thin Privilege posted:

I was at the vet and while I was checking out I saw one of the guys computers and he was filling out a for for the pet cremation place where my dog was cremated and I started crying in the middle of checking out. Then I saw the vet tech carrying this cat out of the room completely without compassion. She just stuck the cat under her right arm as if she was carrying a box or something. Had to draw, sorry for my lack of skills

Was the cat dead or alive? I'll admit, sometimes I just turn off so I can get on with the job and not break down.

Today I stink of dog poo because we have two dogs in that have had gastro surgery and they've just. Shat. Everywhere. Like, one had it caked to her backside and I felt so bad because neither of us wanted to deal with it but she clearly had it worse off since she had such a sore rear end in a top hat. Then I had to carry a 33kg dog to the freezer and it was a dog I liked which is never fun. The freezer isn't a dignified place to rest, guys. If you have the option, take your pets to be cremated yourselves.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I once again am without a supervisor :shepface: this loving job...

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I stubbed the poo poo out of one of my toes. Like, not "hurts for a second and it's gone" kind of stubbing, but "smashed it against a table, it's annoying to walk on, and looks like I took a hammer to it" stubbing.

I'd have someone look at it, but it's literally a stubbed toe.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I just wish it would snow already. I skipped winter last year and I miss it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I once again am without a supervisor :shepface: this loving job...

I was one of two up for a promotion.
The other person got it but now has left for a different job.
My boss implied that, instead of promoting me, he's going to leave the spot vacant.

gently caress my life insideout.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

MisterBibs posted:

I stubbed the poo poo out of one of my toes. Like, not "hurts for a second and it's gone" kind of stubbing, but "smashed it against a table, it's annoying to walk on, and looks like I took a hammer to it" stubbing.

I'd have someone look at it, but it's literally a stubbed toe.

You can break toes with a nice stubbing like this one.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It's true. I've done it twice.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't know which Chrome plug in is responsible for this, but any time I see an embedded video on a news site that is not from Youtube or Vimeo, it never loving works. I click play and it just shows the loading logo forever.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm playing Get Even but there's no one to talk about it with as apparently no one has played it but me. Shame because it's kind of great. :(

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I have to call LG to start the repair process on my Nexus 5X because it randomly died and started bootlooping on me last week, and I can't get far enough into the recovery menu to flash a rescue OTA. Apparently Google stopped doing RMA's on 5X's as of September. I wish my phone had broken sooner...

Luckily I hung onto my old Nexus 5 with a cracked screen. I had to Macguyver together a micro-SIM adapter to fit my Project Fi nano-SIM card into it. It works just fine, so that's good at least.

Thankfully, I learned through the past several years to back all my poo poo the gently caress up. The only thing I lost with the death of my 5X was a week of progress on a lovely idle game.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My coworker was hit by a car today. Thankfully his van is a huge rental, but the impact was still enough to blast the airbags, and he got all cut up and burned from them, somehow. He's in the hospital getting ultrasounds, so it's not like he'll never walk again, but holy gently caress, it freaks me out that he could have died this afternoon and I would have no loving clue.

His van was a loving TANK. And he says if he'd been going a little faster it would have hit his driver side door instead.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Intoluene posted:

You can break toes with a nice stubbing like this one.

Picnic Princess posted:

It's true. I've done it twice.

It's easier to use a hammer

edit:

my roommate has apparently disappeared?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

It's easier to use a hammer

edit:

my roommate has apparently disappeared?

If you notice a strange smell from their room you should probably break the door down.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

In fact, just go ahead and break it down now. Can't take risks.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I had to go to an appointment first thing this morning which, it turned out, had been cancelled and no one bothered to tell me.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My job set a meeting for early in the morning the same day we have our Christmas party in the evening and since I live just far enough away that it's not feasible to go home inbetween I get to either stay for two extra hours or bum around on the street until the party starts.

I guess I could help set up. Or see if there's a couch and catch some Zs.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

The online quizzes I have to take each week for my marketing course are all between 50-65 questions each. The midterm is going to be 50. Why are these "quizzes" so friggin huge?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Picnic Princess posted:

The online quizzes I have to take each week for my marketing course are all between 50-65 questions each. The midterm is going to be 50. Why are these "quizzes" so friggin huge?

The instructor isn't interested in teaching, merely confirming you've read the material which is most likely where the quiz questions are directly sourced.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

The Midniter posted:

The instructor isn't interested in teaching, merely confirming you've read the material which is most likely where the quiz questions are directly sourced.

Oh definitely, 100%. If I didn't spend $100 to get the e-book version I wouldn't have gotten access to the quizzes, they're integrated directly into the book. Lectures are a waste of time. He just goes over book pages. I also can't loving stand him as a person. The way he speaks, it's always completely condescending and repetitive. He likes to say "DUH" a lot. I hate him and his class. But I'm halfway through the semester now, it's a grad requirement, it's my final semester, I just have to tough it out for another 6 weeks.

The thing is you don't even have to read the book, every question has a "read about this" button that goes right to the page and literally highlights the answer. So I'm really only complaining about having to spend the time to answer a million open book answers.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm about to fail a loan repayment because I never signed up for amazon prime and it just debited my account. This happened last month and I cancelled it but I guess it decided despite being the same account that I still had Prime on their US site and debited me again. What the actual gently caress.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My mom was off work sick today. I'm probably getting sick, but went in to work, where we are short staffed, dispatch is stupid, and I am doing 9 hours a day without a break.

Tonight was also the night to get our foster cats a final vet check before the cat show Saturday. My mom wanted me to go with her but she is the one in charge of all the medical for the fosters (I do all the records, the cleaning, the feeding, etc), and so she asked me to go, and I said maybe. But once I got home, I was past exhausted, and she wanted me changed and ready in 15 minutes. I told her I wasn't up to going, because this isn't at a vet's office, but halfway across town in the rescue director's house.

So it's a busy chatty social hour with everyone in the rescue there, and I wasn't up for it. And I also had some 20 emails to answer for the rescue, because I am the only person manning the email. So my mom got pissed, gave me the Silent Treatment while I helped her pack up the cats, and left after slamming the door.

Did I mention she has the next month of Fridays, including tomorrow, off?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

I think you have to tell it not only to cancel the Prime but also to not renew it? It's a pain in the rear end regardless

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I totally spaced out when I clocked out at work tonight, and entered my PIN for the register instead of my tips. It's a four-digit number.

:smithicide:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I have a day off tomorrow and I have to do stuff but I just want to lay in my comfy bed all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Bees on Wheat posted:

I totally spaced out when I clocked out at work tonight, and entered my PIN for the register instead of my tips. It's a four-digit number.

:smithicide:

I was freaking out on my way home that I changed my clock out time to like, 8:45 instead of 9:45. Easy-ish fix but it's a lot of $ for my meager hourly wage if I hosed up the clock out time and don't fix it. I need those $8 :smith: