Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Nebakenezzer posted:

I really hope we can get images of all the challenge Hi-mocks protesting

dying for zaku's blood profits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

now i regret not painting mine to look like get a brain! morans man

im in the final stages now, just applied my custom home printed waterslide decals which i printed out on decal paper and they looked super rad and vibrant and then i applied em to my hi mock and theyre so dim theyre almost impossible to see, except on the bright silver areas. so uhhh... the backs of the feet look pretty rad

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

this is my first encounter with waterslide decals, and i gotta say, theyre boss as hell. much easier to damage than the stickers you get but much much easier to apply cos you can just slide em around with a cotton bud also the name 'water slide' is so evocative of wet n wild fun summer times

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They're pretty awesome. Way thinner than stickers, don't naturally peel off like stickers do, and when they get damaged its usually in cool wear 'n tear ways

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i can confirm that mine are damaged in cool wear n tear ways rather than simple clumsiness

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know if I'm gonna bother with decals or just call this good

It's my first ever try painting a Gundam model, so none of you can say mean things about it

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
That owns. I don't think it needs decals.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Nebakenezzer posted:

I really hope we can get images of all the challenge Hi-mocks protesting

Guy Goodbody posted:

:captainpop:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's my first ever try painting a Gundam model, so none of you can say mean things about it

It owns, I love the detail edging you did. Is it just a pencil?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
mine should arrive within another week :stare:

so i wont be making the 15 oct deadline anyway :smith:

idk if the contact mics i got will fit inside my robot either, might hafta make a shield or something for him to carry

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nebakenezzer posted:

It owns, I love the detail edging you did. Is it just a pencil?

crudely applied paint

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

mine should arrive within another week :stare:

so i wont be making the 15 oct deadline anyway :smith:

idk if the contact mics i got will fit inside my robot either, might hafta make a shield or something for him to carry

The deadline is the 31st!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
oh cool
idk how far along the painting will be cuz thats kinda far down the list but hopefully the machine will be operable and ready to go to work in my studio :3:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

crudely applied paint

it looks good!

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You should leave the shoulder covers off, the sliced-watermelon look of the shoulders really makes it perfect.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You should leave the shoulder covers off, the sliced-watermelon look of the shoulders really makes it perfect.

Fair enough, then.

e:

Nebakenezzer has issued a correction as of 02:53 on Oct 11, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
:zombie: Graaains...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Important news for the protest theme. Bandai makes two kits that come with little white board signs

https://www.amazon.com/Petitgguy-Rustyorange-Placard-Model-Japan/dp/B06XSVBWGV/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1508290264&sr=8-13&keywords=petitgguy

https://www.amazon.com/Petitgguy-Su...061EPKX61QK1R8P

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Have more in mind for this guy, but in case I don't get around to them by the 31st here's a shot of him:

Mr. Metal Color Aluminum is pretty gorgeous. One warning about metalizers though: Don't apply a wash unless you're 100% certain you've polished all the loose paint off, otherwise it will merge into the paint in an uncleanable way, as you can see on the arm and leg bands.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's a great Hi-Mock, but I really need to know what's going on behind that Zogok. Did you combine an Elf Bullock with the GM K9?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's a great Hi-Mock, but I really need to know what's going on behind that Zogok. Did you combine an Elf Bullock with the GM K9?

Close; the Elf Bullock and the Hyakuri. Here's a gallery with more details:

https://imgur.com/gallery/Wdwcx

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Neurolimal posted:

Mr. Metal Color Aluminum is pretty gorgeous. One warning about metalizers though: Don't apply a wash unless you're 100% certain you've polished all the loose paint off, otherwise it will merge into the paint in an uncleanable way, as you can see on the arm and leg bands.

I like the way it highlights the joints of those sections. :shrug: Looks great to me, mang.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Sexual Lorax posted:

I like the way it highlights the joints of those sections. :shrug: Looks great to me, mang.

Oh yeah, I dont think the results are disastrous, just a warning that unless you completely polish the paint wherever you apply the wash is going to be a PITA to remove. If you look closely the left side's bands don't have a metal coat on them anymore, because all the metal flakes had been dyed black.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im pretty sure im gonna have my poo poo together and ready to post by the end of the month, but just in case a piano falls on me or my computer drops down an open sewer, here's a sneak peek:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neurolimal posted:

Close; the Elf Bullock and the Hyakuri. Here's a gallery with more details:

https://imgur.com/gallery/Wdwcx

That's cool.

I got my Gundam protest sign, so the Hi-Mock took to the streets with a very important message

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's cool.

I got my Gundam protest sign, so the Hi-Mock took to the streets with a very important message

Somewhere there's a PetitGguy crying over its sign being stolen :ohdear:.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm probably going to give up on this diorama thing, I tried jumping in blind and made a loving mess of things and don't think I'm gonna get a positive result out of it in time, but thankfully I have enough leftover bits and bobs to make a cool signpost for my class traitor GM to hold as he gets crushed by the superior tankie Hi-CHAD

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
still need to finish mine

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Oh man I'm so in. I'll need some orange cotton balls.....

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you guys enjoyed building the Hi-Mock and want to give something more complex a try, why not the Real Grade Zaku?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I assembled it without losing a single piece.

I don't remember how.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

If you guys enjoyed building the Hi-Mock and want to give something more complex a try, why not the Real Grade Zaku?

i bet trimming the bits of plastic off those is tons of fun

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

For my build, I went for a colour scheme reminiscent of everyone's favourite zord, the dragonzord.

The tail and green translucent sword are from a 1/100 Epyon kit I got cheap off amazon. I'm glad I got one in a higher scale cos it meant I could use a massive oversized tailpiece.

But the tail isn't just a ludicrously oversized decoration! It's also really useful for posing. There's no peg on the backpack to mount it, so I drilled a hold and shoved a piece of sprue in there. Surprisingly, it worked really well.

Alas, the himock doesn't really have the hips for capoeira, but it's still pretty rad.

I had a lot of fun, but alas, there is a sad ending to this tale. I built maybe 5 extra gundams, have another 5 in a backlog, and am probably now addicted.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
That's pretty awesome, well done!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
holy poo poo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think we've now officially beat the miniature modeling thread's Hi-Mock challenge

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think we've now officially beat the miniature modeling thread's Hi-Mock challenge

How many of us cross-post, though :v:

Also, this was posted in the scale model thread today:

Unkempt posted:

Not much going on in here, so have a work in progress:

Also Mr. punch your poo poo is tight, the dragon tail is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mecha Gojira posted:

I assembled it without losing a single piece.

I don't remember how.

I dropped one of the tiny back leg thrusters

It's cool, I needed to completely clean every inch of my entire floor anyway

• Locked thread