Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Rapid sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

extremely good FPVOD of Larva v Flash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhPag1FnCmA

two control groups of queens and an infested command center but no infested terrans smh

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Antares posted:

extremely good FPVOD of Larva v Flash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhPag1FnCmA

two control groups of queens and an infested command center but no infested terrans smh

Conor mcgregor is going to beat flash in the ASL finals

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I just can't stop giggling at "his micro was true".

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Mymla posted:

I just can't stop giggling at "his micro was true".

Yeah, I laughed when they were reminiscing about Tasteless' GomTV days and Artosis brought up the Panda Bear guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdfPsKWyQik :D

Edit: I forgot they had unit counts back then. I wonder what ever happened to that and why ASL was lacking even resources counts for so long (until HD came out), while GomTV had it 7 years ago.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 12, 2017

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
It really seems like broodlings were always supposed to be the counter to big Terran mech armies. I'm glad to see that was true all along, except for all the times it wasn't.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Queens always felt underused to me but they're micro intensive in an already micro heavy game so I'm not terribly surprised.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Y'all

Y'all

Rain v Larva Game 3 Y'all

Y'all

EDIT: Game 4 also p. good

Larva is just about to show us his final form

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 15, 2017

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9eCGElQJIM some good long PVZs in this set.

Mata
Dec 23, 2003
I think it would be cool to see a buff to maelstrom aoe (the dark archon spell), and maybe allow ghosts to deal damage under dark swarm. How much of an idiot am I?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Ghosts can already do damage under dark swarm.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

noooooo

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

WDIIA posted:

Y'all

Y'all

Y'all

Loved watching this set. gameplay aside tasteless and artosis were in rare form

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

I watched the ogn mini invitational on Friday. cool that ogn is maybe getting back in the game, the games were meh though. I think everyone's focused on ASL.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

WDIIA posted:

Y'all

Y'all

Y'all

These were great games. That drone drill reminded me of july vs best osl finals, but three long macro games with zero mutas and ultralisks combined?!

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Is anybody doing spoiler-free youtube playlists or something? Now that we're in ro.8 I have to watch all the commercials and not touch my mouse to get timer-spoiled.

Awesome start to the ro. 8!!!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Elephunk posted:

Is anybody doing spoiler-free youtube playlists or something? Now that we're in ro.8 I have to watch all the commercials and not touch my mouse to get timer-spoiled.

It's worth getting spoiled in order to skip past those Giga internet commercials.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
I don't mind ads that much Jesus KT get some new ones in rotation

Also bring back ~*~SPARKULING~*~

Also wanna echo that yeah, Tastetosis were in really good form last night, probably the funniest they've been in a while

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Great games, players were very evenly matched.

Elephunk posted:

The top comment has unspoiled time stamps for the games (the guy always puts 5 even if there aren't 5), but it means you miss the Tastosis pre-game banter. I just click past the ads and have never felt spoiled since the videos are usually 2 hours anyway, given how much filler they put in.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Mata posted:

I think it would be cool to see a buff to maelstrom aoe (the dark archon spell), and maybe allow ghosts to deal damage under dark swarm. How much of an idiot am I?

Ghosts would still be pretty useless if they could do damage under swarm. Also it would be kinda weird mechanically

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

WDIIA posted:

Y'all

Y'all

Y'all

Awesome game. It looked like Rain was pretty much dominating the game almost the entire time, but kept banging his head against the wall trying to break some of those entrenched Zerg bases, even on bases that were no longer mining. Maybe could have micro'd his Reavers and Shuttles a little better, but wow. Great game.

Loved the bit where Larva was just streaming single file Zerglings into Rains main and he barely held on. Fun stuff.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I never knew PvZ could be TvT :eyepop:

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
So while there was some solid micro in points Soulkey v Hero was wholly skippable. Game 4 was pretty sloppy and therefore kinda interesting if you have time I guess

I think Larva gonna straight murder the winner

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

As great as bisu vs flash/mind would be I think killer is favored with these maps. idk maybe the other protosses are just doing it wrong and bisu will show them.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Game 4 was great but man that was a disappointing series, just a lot of weird multitasking mistakes and super early wins.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Elyv posted:

Game 4 was great but man that was a disappointing series, just a lot of weird multitasking mistakes and super early wins.

That's ZvZ in a nutshell. It's almost always over in a flash and comes down to who made more micro mistakes than anything.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

That's ZvZ in a nutshell. It's almost always over in a flash and comes down to who made more micro mistakes than anything.

The number of times they lost a drone to a single zergling without even reacting was very frustrating to me when watching a quarterfinals match. I actually think ZvZ is a deceptively deep and skill-intensive matchup, and I thought some of the play and decision making was below the level I'd expect in the quarterfinals.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
I personally think that ZvZ is generally more coinflippy than a lot of really into BW people are willing to admit, but this:

Elyv posted:

The number of times they lost a drone to a single zergling without even reacting was very frustrating to me when watching a quarterfinals match. I actually think ZvZ is a deceptively deep and skill-intensive matchup, and I thought some of the play and decision making was below the level I'd expect in the quarterfinals.
is pretty spot on. For a Ro8 set, with both players having ample time to prepare, and one of them just being ranked #1 on the ladder, it was a very frustrating set to watch

Also, I was thinking while watching it, "man, I really miss Proleague." I think ZvZ works really really well as something that pops up in a situation where matchups are fluid, but a 1v1 long set, loving woof

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Kind of sucks that one side of the bracket is being decided by ZvZ's since it's such a volatile matchup. The way it turned out, the best player to go up against Flash/Bisu in the final just got eliminated imo.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Just caught up.

look carefully here, the casters didn't point it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toURJRI-K-k&t=2522s

soulkey was nervous, he messes up his split and shakes his head. He's almost 1 drone behind from the start.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

WDIIA posted:

man, I really miss Proleague.

:same:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

ASL is great, but it's definitely a pale shadow of the old pro scene. That Ro.8 ZvZ betrayed the current scene's less insane skill level.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Flash Mission: defeat 3k mmr Protoss with sk Terran

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Bu2IySyLmgw

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I love the dichotomy of the last two posts. It's true that the talent is slowly leaving or getting older, but Flash is still on top of the heap by an enormous margin and never seems to slow down. Is he some kind of vampire??

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
think he probably has a lot of the same problems as jaedong--horrible rsi/tendonitis/CTS, plus i think he had a LASIK round that he's probably already going to have to get re-done

but yeah it's crazy impressive, no idea how he keeps it up. Maybe using that ruler to set up his desk was the magic touch

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I love the dichotomy of the last two posts. It's true that the talent is slowly leaving or getting older, but Flash is still on top of the heap by an enormous margin and never seems to slow down. Is he some kind of vampire??

The dude is the greatest Brood War player of all time, and he has maintained a pretty high standard even into his mid-20s. In comparison, I saw the great Bisu build a scout a few months ago.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

dogmother1776 posted:

Flash Mission: defeat 3k mmr Protoss with sk Terran

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Bu2IySyLmgw

These streams are amazing, Flash yelling bloody murder to himself as a Reaver kills 10 marines with a single scarab is wonderful

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

LLCoolJD posted:

The dude is the greatest Brood War player of all time, and he has maintained a pretty high standard even into his mid-20s. In comparison, I saw the great Bisu build a scout a few months ago.

wait, what's the average age for these players? Maybe I don't want to hear and be depressed that guys my age have been dominating a scene since they were teenagers :smith:

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

mostly mid 20s yeah, Flash is 25. Stork is the oldest ASL player I can think of and he's 29.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Flash started playing at 14

Funnily enough, right when he started he had a reputation as a cheesy player who was pretty strongly dislikedd