Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

sneakyfrog posted:

While i will always prefer rocky mountain bighorn, I have never discriminated against any types of sheep playing video games, and i did not know there were sheep racists on these forums.

DOTA genre player spotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

If you're gonna be a loving sperg can you at least spell Ungoliant correctly?

:goonsay:

*orcishly* Can u get Ungoliante...?

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Inescapable Duck posted:

'Bug' is officially used to refer to a subset of beetles I think, otherwise in common use it's a catch-all for any annoying small arthropod.

"Bug" refers to insects that have piercing mouthparts such as assassin bugs or bed bugs.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

emoji posted:

DOTA genre player spotted.

ew gross.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Big Centipede posted:

"Bug" refers to insects that have piercing mouthparts such as assassin bugs or bed bugs.

Huh, that makes sense. Also makes it an amusingly arbitrary distinction that cuts across classifications.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

purple death ray posted:

Imp zone is better than games actually

They collectively think FFXIII is a good game so nah

well actually I barely read either so maybe

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Inescapable Duck posted:

Huh, that makes sense. Also makes it an amusingly arbitrary distinction that cuts across classifications.

Wait until you hear about fish

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Capybaras are the best fish.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ghostlight posted:

ftfy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Wait until you hear about fish

I had an argument with my dad over whether sharks are fish thanks to the Rex Hunt board game.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Who is Gurf?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Ariong posted:

Who is Gurf?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Ghostlight posted:

I googled and beavers and muskrats too apparently.

This is actually one of the smaller suspenses of disbelief Catholics have been asked to make.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Rough Lobster posted:

I googled and beavers and muskrats too apparently.

This is actually one of the smaller suspenses of disbelief Catholics have been asked to make.

Another small one is god

*takes a chunky hit off his vape rig, adjusts fedora, farts self to death*

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Captain Dan?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ahaha i forgot about them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0QdRj1L-UA

(they had a gbs thread back then & were pretty forums popular iirc)

also wasnt there something about them having a lovely bar and losing money on it lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Powaqoatse posted:

also wasnt there something about them having a lovely bar and losing money on it lol

there was a pirate-themed bar featured on Bar Rescue that was not actually owned by Captain Dan and His Scurvy Crew but it might as well have been

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Powaqoatse posted:

and they went on to make Hamilton or something, right?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Alaois posted:

there was a pirate-themed bar featured on Bar Rescue that was not actually owned by Captain Dan and His Scurvy Crew but it might as well have been

oh drat i read they were the same. were the bar rescue pirates at least goons?

Drunk Nerds posted:

p sure they went on to make nothing :haw:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

yes pretty much

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Powaqoatse posted:

Say what you will about Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew, but they had the best pirate themed rap album of 2008.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

imo the best goonrap is TLO style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Powaqoatse posted:

oh drat i read they were the same. were the bar rescue pirates at least goons?

p sure they went on to make nothing :haw:

Sort of - someone who knew the bar owners from that episode popped up in the TVIV thread and filled people in on all the lovely stuff the production did behind the scenes, like installing a tap system that was illegal in their state. The host re-styled the bar as "Corporate," targeted at the white collar happy hour crowd, but apparently there weren't any office workers in that area and the whole thing was a disaster.

Tiny Brontosaurus has a new favorite as of 23:50 on Oct 21, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Sort of - someone who knew the bar owners from that episode popped up in the TVIV thread and filled people in on all the lovely stuff the production did behind the scenes, like installing a tap system that was illegal in their state. The host re-styled the bar as "Corporate," targeted at the white collar happy hour bar, but apparently there weren't any office workers in that area and the whole thing was a disaster.

wasn't this the pirate bar

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

exploded mummy posted:

wasn't this the pirate bar

Yeah, wasn't that what people were talking about?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
the pirate bar that they turned back to a pirate bar after it left and then it went bankrupt anyway and closed

iirc it wasn't so much taps, but they had some sort of self-service drink mixers and you couldn't do that in maryland

Yeah, wasn't that what people were talking about?

yeah, sorry, missed those other posts

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK has a new favorite as of 23:54 on Oct 21, 2017

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hey guys are we talking about that pirate bar? That reminds me of that pirate rap group that was on these forums a while ago, I think they were called Captain Dan And His Scurvy Crew?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Alaois posted:

Hey guys are we talking about that pirate bar? That reminds me of that pirate rap group that was on these forums a while ago, I think they were called Captain Dan And His Scurvy Crew?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSPkbJohdyo

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

That is the worst Mariner's Revenge cover I've ever heard.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Inescapable Duck posted:

I had an argument with my dad over whether sharks are fish thanks to the Rex Hunt board game.

Wait, that dude with the terrible fishing show who also got into a lot of bar fights had a board game???

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

this is bad, but also so boring that it transcends badness and becomes physically bad for whoever watches it

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

syscall girl posted:

That and the the whole thing started with lowtax leaving planetquake or whatever to write mostly pc game-based humor. Well, games and ambien-based humor.

And it's still difficult to keep game chat from invading other serious internet business here on these forums so much so that they had to create imp zone as a compromise.

I followed Lowtax here from PlanetQuake, which is pretty crazy because it was more than half of my life ago now.

:yeah:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

. The host re-styled the bar as "Corporate," targeted at the white collar happy hour crowd, but apparently there weren't any office workers in that area and the whole thing was a disaster.

this doesn't seem like any worse of an idea than a pirate themed bar in Maryland. gotta do that poo poo somewhere that there is actual pirate culture or tourists to sucker in.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I always figured he restyled the bar as Corporate as basically a gently caress you on the way out the door because of how massively unprofessional and dickheaded the pirate bar owners were

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

this doesn't seem like any worse of an idea than a pirate themed bar in Maryland. gotta do that poo poo somewhere that there is actual pirate culture or tourists to sucker in.

The bar even turned itself back into a pirate bar (complete with posting their burning of the Corporate sign on Facebook as a big "gently caress you" to the show)....and promptly failed 3 years later. They were still blaming Taffer for it as they closed.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

The bar even turned itself back into a pirate bar (complete with posting their burning of the Corporate sign on Facebook as a big "gently caress you" to the show)....and promptly failed 3 years later. They were still blaming Taffer for it as they closed.

:thunk:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The bar only existed for 8 years total, and a lot of its Yelp reviews after the switch back to Piratz were negative. I think they were limping along in the red before finally giving up and not renewing the lease.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I would drink at a pirate bar. Closest I got is The Mutiny and that's just more of a punk dive.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

The bar only existed for 8 years total, and a lot of its Yelp reviews after the switch back to Piratz were negative. I think they were limping along in the red before finally giving up and not renewing the lease.

I'm just saying, 3 years is a very long time in bar years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

A pirate bar sounds like some dire poo poo but anyone who tries to bill a bar as "Corporate" should be taken out back and shot