Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've never had a problem with them for anything else, it's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Atlus to hold special Shin Megami Tensei HD news broadcast on the 23rd.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Imagined posted:

People who want to go 100% physical are people who never had the amazing 1990's experience of someone stealing your entire CD collection out of your car because it was in a big binder on your front seat, leaving you with a shelf full of empty useless cases at home.

Or who have never moved to another country

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I've never had a problem with them for anything else, it's weird.

Here is a list of the most recent items amazon UK has not delivered at launch, these were all pre-ordered months ahead of release and I have prime:

Fire emblem warriors ( which is why I am super salty about this today!)

SNES mini, arrived 2days after launch

Splatoon 2, ended up buying digital as failed to arrive at launch

Dragon quest VIII on 3DS, was over a week late, kept complaining, ended up with two copies!!

It is fine for items that are already released, will get them next day but don't offer preorders if you can't deliver day of release. The worst thing is the tracking system makes out everything is fine until late at night the day before release.

I have ordered mario Odyssey from Nintendo UK so hopefully that will arrive at launch!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Which is also the same time our weekly releases usually drop.

In case you thought it was a midnight launch or something.

Edit: Welp, another page happened by the time I posted this. Was referring to the Aus launch.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

My simple rule is buy physical if the price is insanely low or it's something I'll be updating yearly (like sports games). Digital for everything else.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I buy physical for single player games and digital for multiplayer. Though I basically went all digital on the ps4 because it's not like the disks do anything, haha

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I buy physical only so I can lick the game carts. I can stop anytime I want

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Buying physical allows me to quickly dump a game that turns out to be bad, or to get rid of games I’ll never play again.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Buying physical allows me to quickly dump a game that turns out to be bad, or to get rid of games I’ll never play again.

My gaming senses are so finely tuned that I have never purchased a bad videogame

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I buy physical so I can absorb the nutrients Nintendo's sweet, sweet produce.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I buy physical because it's cheaper

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I buy single player games digital and multiplayer physical for trading back in because I hate my friends and don't want them to remember their visits to my house fondly

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Andrast posted:

I will never buy a physical game for the switch.

N-1

Seriously though, what's the Switch acronym? Wii/WiiU/GCN/DS I get. Should I just call it the "S", or maybe "NS"... help?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

'Switch'

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

dog nougat posted:

N-1

Seriously though, what's the Switch acronym? Wii/WiiU/GCN/DS I get. Should I just call it the "S", or maybe "NS"... help?

GSM

Golf story machine

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
NX.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Imagined posted:

People who want to go 100% physical are people who never had the amazing 1990's experience of someone stealing your entire CD collection out of your car because it was in a big binder on your front seat, leaving you with a shelf full of empty useless cases at home.

What about people like me who had this happen and yet still prefer physical?

I just like physical better. That'll never change.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Or who have never moved to another country

This, however, is true. But even if I went digital with modern games, it wouldn't change my old physical game collection that'd still have to be moved.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I was on a car ride once and I wanted to play kid icarus uprising but I didn't have it downloaded to my system and I forgot to bring the cart with me.

Whelp that's my "sometimes digital is nice for handhelds" horror story, don't forget to like and subscribe, leave a comment down below!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

dog nougat posted:

N-1

NSW.

I went digital on my Switch and N3DS, because I didn't want to bring a game case with me anywhere. At this point, the only games I buy physical are LEs, and only for the swag. Digital is the future. Dust is for the past.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Growing up one of my favourite gaming activities to do was read the manual for a new game whilst taking a dump.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Also my switch carry case has room for multiple cartridges so it's not like I can't access any of them when I'm travelling.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I don't buy games. I bought my Nintendo Switch solely for Netflix.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

I can't believe that Switch is such a failure that both Microsoft and Sony are making games for it.

ahahaha what the gently caress lmao

EDIT: I also love that apparently Breath of the Wild is still in the top 10 monthly sales

Augus fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 20, 2017

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Augus posted:

ahahaha what the gently caress lmao

Sony made a new publishing division that will be releasing games for the Switch, which is pretty great!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Frankston posted:

Also my switch carry case has room for multiple cartridges so it's not like I can't access any of them when I'm travelling.

The smaller carts and case with holders are why I opted to go mostly physical after going all digital on the 3DS and the WiiU. I was also getting into a bad habit of buying games the day they released and then not playing them or seeing them on sale for much cheaper. Restricting myself to physical means I'm more likely to concentrate on one game and by the time I do want to pick up something else there's a good chance I can find it on sale or the MSRP has dropped.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mega64 posted:

I don't buy games. I bought my Nintendo Switch solely for Netflix.

*froths at the mouth*

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
as a creature existing primarily in the digital world i guess you could say my digital purchases are more physical than your foolish earthly possessions

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Are you Agumon or Garurumon?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Augus posted:

EDIT: I also love that apparently Breath of the Wild is still in the top 10 monthly sales
Game is really loving good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Andrast posted:

Why do people care so much how other people like to buy their games?

Because you don't own a digital copy. You have the right to use it but that's it. If the game makers ever make those licenses transferable it won't be a big deal. It's a rights issue. If you just willingly give up your rights, they will get eroded and eventually go away/get taken away.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish your right to post was eroded away.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sakurazuka posted:

I wish your right to post was eroded away.

You actually named yourself after an anime character? That's precious.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I was pretty dumb 13 years ago

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I buy digital because gently caress physical media in 2017 unless it’s Blu-ray vs streaming a compressed to hell image. I haven’t sold a game back since the GC/ps2/Xbox era.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah I was pretty dumb 13 years ago

Was? You're still here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tell me something I don't know

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Buying physical enables you to sell all your games when Switch :filez: stuff is released! :)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Olivil posted:

Buying physical enables you to sell all your games when Switch :filez: stuff is released! :)

Mods? Can we shuffle this sick filth out of the thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

There should be a compromise option where you can buy a physical box that just has an eShop code in it.

• Locked thread