Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Wheany posted:

no, that's just sweat and skin cells caked on the carpet and then polished into a vinyl flooring-like texture

skinoleum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

:barf:

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Wheany posted:

no, that's just sweat and skin cells caked on the carpet and then polished into a vinyl flooring-like texture

Microsoft.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TjyvTompa posted:

there's this free software (it's free software) that helps you manage all the different settings hidden behind the registry and it's been updated for the fall update, it is called O&O ShutUp 10 and it's really good: https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

:c00l:

did you not have enough last time, clown

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I was trying to remember if it was the same guy or not

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dodoman posted:

I was trying to remember if it was the same guy or not

yeah it's our mr. let's trust reddit's open sores to automatically janitor our registry

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

snap, almost had me mr clown

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yeah it's our mr. let's trust reddit's open sores to automatically janitor our registry

you are so loving stupid dude, embarassing

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TjyvTompa posted:

you are so loving stupid dude, embarassing

dsyp

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

if not downloading and using a reddit foss to automatically janitor my registry is being "loving stupid and an embarrassment" then so be it

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

so, asides that:
also:
explorer folder view
printer drivers
network and sharing center > advanced sharing settings

what's the point of resetting random poo poo like this besides pissing me off when i realize something is broken but don't know why

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SupSuper posted:

also:
explorer folder view
printer drivers

what's the point of resetting random poo poo like this besides pissing me off when i realize something is broken but don't know why

folder view?

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
the layout of the explorer window, it reset the toolbar and sidebar sizes because :confused:

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Boiled Water posted:

if not downloading and using a reddit foss to automatically janitor my registry is being "loving stupid and an embarrassment" then so be it

not sure if I should even respond to posts like this but I just wanted to say that there is no connection between me, the software I wrote about, or reddit, that is all in someone elses head

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SupSuper posted:

the layout of the explorer window, it reset the toolbar and sidebar sizes because :confused:

oh :staredog:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TjyvTompa posted:

not sure if I should even respond to posts like this but I just wanted to say that there is no connection between me, the software I wrote about, or reddit, that is all in someone elses head

tell us exactly how much you don't care about e-honour of your trope

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

TjyvTompa posted:

there's this free software (it's free software) that helps you manage all the different settings hidden behind the registry and it's been updated for the fall update, it is called O&O ShutUp 10 and it's really good: https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

youre a dipshit

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol if you even have a registry to janitor, just lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

TjyvTompa posted:

didn't we already run you out for promoting shady registry hacks or was that some other moron

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rex-Goliath posted:

didn't we already run you out for promoting shady registry hacks or was that some other moron

same fella

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

TjyvTompa posted:

because this attitude worked so well for you last time

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

windows update reset my background to the default.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

TjyvTompa posted:

this isn't free software.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Powaqoatse posted:

lol if you even have a registry to janitor, just lol

this right here

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SupSuper posted:

also:
explorer folder view
printer drivers

weird, i just checked and my advanced sharing settings are intact

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

while a lot of the complaints about microsoft updates are from idiots who don't understand how it all works, i'll grant that microsoft is incredibly inconsistent and i can see different settings being changed or reset depending on the state of the machine at the time of update

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
as of the fall creators update you now have to install linux for windows from the store, but if you installed linux for windows on a previous version and then upgraded to the fall creators update you still have linux for windows. the app store also has sles and opensuse in addition to ubuntu. i don't know if installing the app store version will overwrite the old version but i guess i'm about to find out.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

anthonypants posted:

as of the fall creators update you now have to install linux for windows from the store, but if you installed linux for windows on a previous version and then upgraded to the fall creators update you still have linux for windows. the app store also has sles and opensuse in addition to ubuntu. i don't know if installing the app store version will overwrite the old version but i guess i'm about to find out.

gently caress me sideways you're 100% serious, i thought you were joking at first

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

are they still trying to add fedora? i thought they were going to ship with it too

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bust most importantly, does linux on windows do ext4

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

carry on then posted:

are they still trying to add fedora? i thought they were going to ship with it too
maybe later but not today

also i think if you had the old ubuntu for windows and you install ubuntu for windows from the app store you get two ubuntu for windows installs lol

e: yep two installs

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 20, 2017

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

anthonypants posted:

:shepface:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

linux for windows for universal windows plantform of windows 10...

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

... 365

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i just wandered into this thread for the first time and welp thats exactly what i was picturing

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

carry on then posted:

m’linux

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

windows ce/pocketpc/windows mobile was the honest microsoft phone experience :rip:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
looks like some guys shoddy homebrew hobbyist windows 95 port

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Not so lucky gold star edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Boiled Water posted:

windows update reset my background to the default.

Mine forced portrait mode on boot, even when it's connected to the keyboard. Every boot now it reverts back to portrait mode