Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Sausages posted:

Not sure what the hell Bok's point is tbh. The last thing you'd want to do is take it literally where players are paid by their fans, owned by their tax-mooching team, blacks wouldn't be able to compete with slow white guys in NFL if it weren't for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the players are taking a knee about that.

Think more bitter: Bok is probably of the opinion that the Equal Opportunity commission should be making sure slow white guys get to be wide receivers, because according to conservatives, giving jobs to less qualified people for racial-balance reasons is what equal opportunity does. So the player is thankful they didn't do that.

loquacius fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
It's just dawned on me that a major part of sports fandom for white dudes is the fantasy of being in a position of power over black people. Because fandom has this weird feature that essentially makes fans think of themselves as the owner (fantasy sports just being a very literal example), they can think of themselves as owning the players, too. It didn't occur to me how direct this identification was until I saw Bok pulling out that bullshit "we pay your salary line" and crowing about how grateful they should be for a job (the same type of bullshit that actual capitalists use).

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

die in a fire bok

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I imagine Bok thinks he's personally responsible for the livelihood of anyone he interacts with on a daily basis and constantly reminds them of that fact.

Gets pulled over? "I PAY YOUR SALARY!"

has a long wait at Starbucks? "I PAY YOUR SALARY!"

Football player protest? "I PAY YOUR SALARY!"

it must be exhausting.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Good work, politoon thread: you made it onto Buzzfeed. https://www.buzzfeed.com/krishrach/people-are-dragging-this-cartoon-about-girls-being-let-into?utm_term=.nglOeYpM7#.xue56XkeD

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bors definitely posts in C-SPAM

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

holy poo poo

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Iron Crowned posted:

Bors definitely posts in C-SPAM

I hope he glances in here once in a while. He should know there's a group of people who think he's awesome.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Flip Yr Wig posted:

It's just dawned on me that a major part of sports fandom for white dudes is the fantasy of being in a position of power over black people. Because fandom has this weird feature that essentially makes fans think of themselves as the owner (fantasy sports just being a very literal example), they can think of themselves as owning the players, too. It didn't occur to me how direct this identification was until I saw Bok pulling out that bullshit "we pay your salary line" and crowing about how grateful they should be for a job (the same type of bullshit that actual capitalists use).

That's... a little broad. Some people just like sports.

In terms of white dudes who like sports, I would guess that the same percentage have racist power fantasies as white dudes in general. So, you know, like, 70%.

The most annoying thing about this is how Stiglich seems to think we're at war with Afghanistan.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I'm chafed by those insignias.

Can't wait for the Turnbabbott star crash.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Branco is still sore about those pussy hats. :allears:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

quote:

Not sure what the hell Bok's point is tbh.
He's unironically the guy in that Bors about how to protest.

"Thank you" -Bok

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Where the gently caress is your chin?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Who is he knocking out? I actually need a label for this one.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I like that Bors's Trump gets more and more haggard.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

:byodood: "AND TRUMP-SENPAI TOTALLY HAS A BIG PENIS TOO!"

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sir Tonk posted:

die in a fire bok

This got passed over, but one of BoK's points is that equal opportunity employment is why the majority of NFL players aren't white. It's not centuries of racial baggage, the need for blood sport, nor different treatment in achieving academic education. It's equal employment.

Also, a black man talking about "my owners." Freudian slip there, buddy?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can't believe Branco is still labeling everyone he doesn't like with those pink hats.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ularg posted:

I can't believe Branco is still labeling everyone he doesn't like with those pink hats.

He's going for the Mike Lester Rainbow Tie Record.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Trump and the Republicans are using the power of Wall Street and a terrible job market to put down the American worker. AGC

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Like giant boxing gloves hiding tiny fists, the current state of the Dow Jones hides Trump's incompetence. AGC.

(The Dow Jones uptick isn't benefiting many of us in the slightest)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I remember when Obama's JOBS numbers didn't count because theres totally probably people that stopped looking for jobs, and they are probably more then the good numbers so its all fake.

But Trumps are good because Trumps a businessman.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Anyone have that Allie cartoon from the bush area where its celebrating how great the economy was doing with a disheveled looking donkey

I think it was from 2006 lol

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

U.S. Lost 33,000 Jobs in September; Unemployment Rate Dips to 4.2%

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/06/business/economy/jobs-report-unemployment.html

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Also tell me the quality of the jobs here buddy. "STRONG INDUSTRY COME FROM EVERYONE BEING A WALL MART GREETER, GOOD JOB. GREAT PAY FOR BOSS. GOOD ECONOMY".

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can stop laughing at Big Hands.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

T-man posted:

This got passed over, but one of BoK's points is that equal opportunity employment is why the majority of NFL players aren't white. It's not centuries of racial baggage, the need for blood sport, nor different treatment in achieving academic education. It's equal employment.

Also, a black man talking about "my owners." Freudian slip there, buddy?

And, if not for "equal employment" those team owners WOULD BE HIRING SLOW WHITE GUYS! His actual point has the poor owners just off screen hanging their heads and shedding a single tear that they can't hire the gaggle of FAR more qualified but somehow also less athletic white guys to be athletes! I mean 100% seriously what the holy gently caress??

"Racism" has a definite scale and it depends on your definition of "affirmative action" that goes from "a series of rules and regulations ensuring race neutral hiring practices in government contractors" all the way down to "THE GUBBIMINT MAKES EVERYONE EVERYWHERE HIRE BLACK HOMELESS MOUTH BREATHERS OVER WHITE SUPERMEN!!!!"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
There are plenty of slow white guys in the NFL, see every white offensive lineman.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pakled posted:

There are plenty of slow white guys in the NFL, see every white offensive lineman.

Somewhere in the Carolinas, Christian McCaffrey sheds a tear...

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Duke Igthorn posted:

And, if not for "equal employment" those team owners WOULD BE HIRING SLOW WHITE GUYS! His actual point has the poor owners just off screen hanging their heads and shedding a single tear that they can't hire the gaggle of FAR more qualified but somehow also less athletic white guys to be athletes! I mean 100% seriously what the holy gently caress??
It's REALLY not hard to figure out.

loquacius posted:

Think more bitter: Bok is probably of the opinion that the Equal Opportunity commission should be making sure slow white guys get to be wide receivers, because according to conservatives, giving jobs to less qualified people for racial-balance reasons is what equal opportunity does. So the player is thankful they didn't do that.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

George W. Bush opened up his trap the other day and out came Hillary.

At least, he sounded a lot like the Hildebeast. W remained strangely quiet for the eight years Obama was in office, but now that Trump is in the White House, he’s full of criticism. Former presidents who spout criticism this early in a new administration is considered bad form.

Regardless, Bush joined Hillary, Obama, and John McCain in attacking Trump. They’ve all shrilly denounced the direction Trump would like to take our country in order to make it great again. Pappy Bush, now in his 90s, even expressed some support for Hillary. After all, he has his New World Order legacy to protect. His son refused to vote for his party’s candidate and left the ballot blank—just like his mind.

The Deep State continues to close ranks against our president, but by doing so they can no longer pretend to be on the side of America.

Like the NFL kneelers who disrespect our flag and our history, we’re seeing insulting displays of protest by many establishment politicians on open display. Some of it borders on treason. Democrats and Republicans alike seem to want open borders, carbon taxes to fight ‘climate change’ and jobs sent oversees. Like Soros, they want globalism.

Trump disagrees and therefore they smear him as a ‘nationalist,’ or ‘nativist.’ The latter sounds more insulting. However, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with nationalism and a ‘country first’ attitude. Nationalism used to be synonymous with patriotism.

Trump is a patriot. He wants jobs to go to Americans first and he wants the borders controlled. He doesn’t want us to pay carbon taxes to the farce known as climate change. For this wrong think the Deep State smears him as a ‘bigot’ and ‘racist.’ They perpetually bring up the nonsense that he supports ‘white supremacists.’ I’m surprised Bush didn’t mention Russia.

For those on the left complaining about the ‘coarsening’ of politics and civic values, let me remind you that Bill Clinton took advantage of a young intern in the Oval Office, a Harvey Weinstein-like advantage. Obama greatly worsened race relations while doing absolutely nothing for African Americans. Instead, he furthered the interests of George Soros and the big banks.

The more the Deep State screams, the more we’ll know that our president is on the right track.

—Ben Garrison

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Such a threadbare cartoon, Garrison.
I expect more (((globalist))) symbols in your cartoons .

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Digging the new vore line of Garrison comics

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Gotta branch out. Get a portfolio out there before the Trump train crashes.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Garrison missed a golden opportunity to draw Hillary as one of those fish tongue parasites.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's actually gender-bent giantess hentai, get it right please. :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Garrison: "NFL ratings are down!"

Reality:

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/921473842924703747?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's real cool how I know everytime someone talks poo poo about Trump becuase his supporters get really whiney about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yeah, Trump's going to destroy ISIS using the military, something no one else has tried before.

• Locked thread