Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Baronjutter posted:

Correct. Drinking something you hate the taste of so much you have to drown it out in something else or down it super quickly is the true shame. There's a billions types of drinks, drink things that taste good and you savor, like good tequila.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

He's also an amazing martial artist. (Note Pat "Mr Miyagi" Morita standing by in the background.)

It's no wonder that Chet Hanks turned out so wrong when his dad was just so great at pretty much whatever he touched, there's just no way he could ever live up to that.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
hanks

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Helios Grime posted:

While we were on the shooting range in the military we would just rip up the cartons with the shotgun shells and dump em in a container to grab some for reloading. What we didn't notice was that a few of the packets were magnum versions, just slightly longer but otherwise the same. So Imagine plinking away maybe getting a bit sloppy when shouldering it when suddenly it feels like a horse kicked you in the shoulder.

Good times.

A fun and terrible prank to play was loading the tube with 3 light load target shells and then one 3 inch turkey magnum. It's a slow progression from, "this isn't bad" to 4 day shoulder bruise.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He's also an amazing martial artist. (Note Pat "Mr Miyagi" Morita standing by in the background.)

It's no wonder that Chet Hanks turned out so wrong when his dad was just so great at pretty much whatever he touched, there's just no way he could ever live up to that.

He is also one of the most terrifying things ever...

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

the shaden's on me, this sketch is garbage

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It seems like Chet Hanks got all the recessive genes, whereas Colin got the dominant ones.
(or if you want a Metal Gear Solid reference, flip their names around)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I don't know man I think shotgun lady back there did a p sick dodge. No bruise on her nosir. That's some bruce lee poo poo considering

Goddamn Particle
Oct 10, 2013

Fan of Britches
Squirrel aiming for the Most Nonchalant rear end in a top hat award (currently held by cats of course)

Goddamn Particle has a new favorite as of 13:13 on Oct 20, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Memento posted:

Yeah decent tequila is fine sippin' liquor. Taking it in shots is dumb, don't do that.

My favorite local Mexican restaurant does tequila flights where you get 4 shots of tequila. I got the cheapest and Jose Cuervo Silver is terrible but the rest were actually smooth and decent to drink, so I feel confident in doing the more expensive ones.

4 shots of tequila is great for talking about your theatre plans.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

chitoryu12 posted:

4 shots of tequila is great for talking about your theatre plans.

4 shots of tequila is great for talking about drat near anything friend.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/sifUzH7.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/6VaWqmO.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/LUwvQ3t.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/u9LEULv.mp4

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/SydneyKing3/status/920416056207904768

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Lets be honest, she knows exactly whats going on. Rest of the kids wouldn't even be in the picture if she didn't love her work.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Soon Drew Carey's metamorphosis into Bob Barker will be complete. Has he started talking about spaying and neutering pets yet?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Untrustable posted:

A fun and terrible prank to play was loading the tube with 3 light load target shells and then one 3 inch turkey magnum. It's a slow progression from, "this isn't bad" to 4 day shoulder bruise.

You can do the same with a .38 special/.357 mag revolver. Make one round a .357 magnum the rest .38 and hand it off. Used to do this with my friends snub nose. *bang* *bang* *BOOM + foot of flame* always good for a laugh.

Bum the Sad has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Oct 20, 2017

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Bum the Sad posted:

You can do the same with a .38 special/.357 mag revolver. Make one round a .357 magnum the rest .38 and hand it off. Used to do this with my friends snub nose. *bang* *bang* *BOOM + foot of flame* always good for a laugh.

We used to do this as practice for proper gripping since you'd never know when a hot load was up next. If you anticipated it all the time you'd pull the light shots so you had to really hone the exact correct grip strength at trigger pull.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

it is happening again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Qtlfd9ul4

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:nws: https://twitter.com/childishpambin0/status/920880982382796801:nws:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
New FailArmy! It's all light and fluffy until 2:58 when :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVyqVcizqk4

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Dude probably fell asleep to AC/DC's 'Highway to Hell'

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

sneakyfrog posted:

:nws: [url]https://twitter.com/childishpambin0/status/920880982382796801:nws:[/url]

That's not how you headbang.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Lurking Haro posted:

That's not how you headbang.

dont be a dickhead

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
X-post from the Florida thread, but this is pretty good schadenfreude.

UF Crowd Shouts Down White Nationalist Speaker

quote:

Almost 500 tickets were handed out for the event at the Phillips Center, but by the time it started it was clear most in attendance were there only to disrupt his speech.

White nationalist Richard Spencer may have been the guest speaker at the University of Florida Thursday, but protesters and the student body had the last word.

Spencer, leader of a white nationalist movement, ended his two-hour scheduled talk at UF’s Phillips Center nearly 25 minutes early after having to yell over a heckling crowd for much of the event.

The controversial event brought an estimated 2,500 protesters to the university despite fears it would be a repeat of the “Unite the Right” demonstration in Charlottesville, Virginia, that turned violent in August. The Charlottesville event, which Spencer helped organize, ended when a man drove his car into a group of people, killing one and injuring 19 people.

Almost 500 tickets were distributed for the 1,700-seat theater, although some left without taking their seats. Police in riot gear towered over those in attendance from the second level of the Phillips Center, in case violence broke out.

But by the time the event started, it was clear the majority was there to disrupt the speech, not hear it.

Within seconds of taking the stage, Spencer was met with an audience chanting “f--- you, Spencer,” and the crowd didn’t let up.

Spencer intended to give a speech before fielding questions from the audience, but spent the first half hour arguing and trying to talk over the crowd about his right to speak at the university.

Several rows in the venue remained empty, separating Spencer supporters from protesters. Spencer said the crowd likely scared off people who wanted to attend and that they were at a “premier event” of free speech.

Spencer appeared to grow agitated — and at times attempted to be humorous — as chants like “Black Lives Matter,” “Let’s go, Gators,” and “Go Home, Spencer” went on. Spencer called the crowd “babies” and “pathetic” and their chants “stupid.”

“I feel sorry for you,” he told the crowd. “Do you know how this is going to be read? Do you think this is going to be read as ‘great victory for U of F’? No, it’s going to be read as the University of Florida is filled with child-like antifa, who shout at people as opposed to talking to them.”

Spencer, who claims not to be racist, said America was and should be a white country and said other ethnicities had their own countries. But much of his message was muffled by the crowd shouting anti-Nazi chants.

“Oh, Nazis have no right to speak, really?” he asked the crowd. “So, you don’t believe in free speech at all, do you?”

After arguing with the crowd, Spencer opened up the floor for questions earlier than expected.

The first question: “Why are you still here?”

A woman asked Spencer how it felt to be punched in the face while on camera, referencing an incident in January 2017, when Spencer was sucker-punched as he gave an interview in Washington, D.C. Spencer responded that “it hurt,” then asked if her question was a threat.

The crowd chanted “it’s your fault,” referring to the death of Heather Heyer, who was killed in the Charlottesville protest. Spencer told reporters earlier that the events in Charlottesville, though tragic, were good for his movement.

Brandon Gilliland, 34, of Gainesville, sporting an anti-Nazi pin, said he was terrified to be at the event, but felt it was his civic duty to attend and take up space.

″(Spencer) can say he’s not racist, but his words prove otherwise,” he said.

Brett Jaffe, 20, a UF student, said he attended the event to heckle Spencer and other speakers.

“I despise that man,” he said. “I’m not protesting his right to speak ... but I am here to protest his ideals, what he stands for.”

A few dozen in the crowd supported Spencer and his organization, the National Policy Institute, though most declined to comment to the media.

One man said he was disappointed the crowd didn’t allow Spencer to talk uninterrupted, a comment met with chants of “we don’t care, we don’t care.”

Cameron Padgett, the event organizer, spoke to the crowd first, saying that he hoped for a peaceful dialogue and that the group wasn’t there to attack anyone.

But near the end of the event, Padgett was yelling profanity back at the crowd and calling UF students a “disgrace” who don’t believe in the First Amendment.

Padgett was followed by Eli Mosley and Mike Peinovich, also known as Mike Enoch, who accompanied Spencer in Charlottesville.

Peinovich, a white nationalist blogger of The Right Stuff, during a press conference earlier aggressively questioned those seeking clarification on Spencer’s controversial stances on race. He later told the audience that diversity means taking jobs and scholarships away from white people.

As the event concluded, Spencer thanked the university for allowing the event to go before ending it early, saying UF “failed” its test of allowing free speech.

“You think that you shut me down, well you didn’t,” Spencer said. “You failed at your own game ... The world is not going to be proud of you.”

:lol: little pissbaby got rekt and threw a tantrum. I'M NOT OWNED! YOU'RE OWNED!

Also, this is gold:

quote:

A woman asked Spencer how it felt to be punched in the face while on camera, referencing an incident in January 2017, when Spencer was sucker-punched as he gave an interview in Washington, D.C. Spencer responded that “it hurt,” then asked if her question was a threat.

What a little bitch. :lol:

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Oct 20, 2017

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Baronjutter posted:

I'm a gangly little nerd who never fired a gun, and when we went skeet shooting and used my grandpa's giant WWII era soviet hunting rifle

To the window, to the wall
To the gun range with grandpa
Shootin all skeet skeets motherfucker

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Zipperelli. posted:

:lol: little pissbaby got rekt and threw a tantrum. I'M NOT OWNED! YOU'RE OWNED!

Also, this is gold:

It really is a crying shame that it wasn't a threat. gently caress that guy.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

The kid at 0:50 is great. :3:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zipperelli. posted:

He certainly seems very upset about all these people exercising their right to free speech, doesn't he?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Zipperelli. posted:

quote:

“You think that you shut me down, well you didn’t,” Spencer said.

"You didn't shut me down!" says the man who couldn't give his speech and was forced to end his event early.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

Also, this is gold:

3 nazis arrested for shooting at someone right after the rally, too. One of them was apparently already a convicted felon, so we can say goodbye to him for a few years :)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
you cant fire me, I quit! thus i am victorious!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Corncobbed.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

3 nazis arrested for shooting at someone right after the rally, too. One of them was apparently already a convicted felon, so we can say goodbye to him for a few years :)

Yeah, and since they all chanted "Adolf Hitler", the whole thing could be considered a hate crime, which makes it MUCH worse.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I remember a stormfront thread that was like "post beautiful aryan women here" and then after page 5 someone went there and pointed out that basically all women posted so far were mixed race. And one of them had two black parents.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/kL0M7Zq.mp4

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

nerdz posted:

I remember a stormfront thread

... why?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

you know that on this forum there are threads dedicated to highlighting dumb poo poo posted on other forums, right? like maybe this very thread?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

nerdz posted:

you know that on this forum there are threads dedicated to highlighting dumb poo poo posted on other forums, right? like maybe this very thread?

oh that makes sense. Sorry "I remember a thread on stormfront" kinda threw me off there for a sec my apologies.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It was probably an analogue to our thread on Freep. Be warned before going in: we go hunting for the most vile comments uttered on that site. The comments harvested from Freep are, at their least-terrible, on-par with racist Youtube commenters. At their worst, these people are advocating the gassing of refugee children (along the lines of Hitler's Final Solution, complete with pics of German showerheads and references to Zyklon-B), the death of gays (some of them believe that anything other than vanilla missionary makes you a 'heterosexual gay'), anti-islam ("Even then you can’t trust a Muslim because they are allowed to lie to advance Islam. In practice, Muslims will lie to you about practically anything.") and removing women from any position of authority ("This is why a woman should NEVER be president, or even court judges. They are dominated by their feelings in ways that men just aren’t."). Normally they're just little hateful balls of spite, but whenever something good happens (confederate flags being taken down/disavowed, same-sex marriage becoming a thing, etc) their tears are the absolute best :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Soon Drew Carey's metamorphosis into Bob Barker will be complete. Has he started talking about spaying and neutering pets yet?

Actually he did back in 2012, right at the end of this Amber Scholl wrapup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrgO1lgRveA