Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Oh NOW I get it!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Tomorrow's strip: "This nerd is....inhuman!"

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

a) When customers did this to me in my former career as a retail drone I replied with "No, actually I have to enter the UPC manually and there is a 15% service fee for doing that. Sorry." Nobody reacted well. It ranged from confusion to annoyance to near full-blooded anger once. How does it feel rear end in a top hat? You didn't care for my unfunny joke?

b) When this happens now when I am the customer I ask in a really dead pan tone "Is this where I use that horrible old joke about it being free?" And even then only if the cashier looks like they are in a good mood.

Fake edit: Thinking about it I had a woman behind me make the "It's free" joke when something I was buying didn't scan. I gave her the withering stare of confused annoyance that the cashier couldn't.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 20, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ohhh no they're gonna end up kissing ewwww

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Oh here we loving go now.

Indolent Bastard posted:

a) When customers did this to me in my former career as a retail drone I replied with "No, actually I have to enter the UPC manually and there is a 15% service fee for doing that. Sorry." Nobody reacted well. It ranged from confusion to annoyance to near full-blooded anger once. How does it feel rear end in a top hat? You didn't care for my unfunny joke?

b) When this happens now when I am the customer I ask in a really dead pan tone "Is this where I use that horrible old joke about it being free?" And even then only if the cashier looks like they are in a good mood.

Fake edit: Thinking about it I had a woman behind me make the "It's free" joke when something I was buying didn't scan. I gave her the withering stare of confused annoyance that the cashier couldn't.
The worst part to me was how these assholes always seemed to think they were the first person to ever come up with that joke.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
the bus

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh wait, they're sexless nerds, at most they'll hold hands

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2003 Spiderman

The Amazing Mole Man

Nancy

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Peter O'Donnell posted:

I had the idea for 'The Moonman' whilst I was on holiday with my wife in Mexico. We had been travelling around the country and were on the final leg of the journey, which involved a flight from Oaxaca to Acapulco. Our plane was a turboprop with two engines, one on each wing. My wife, who was sitting next to the window, noticed two chaps standing outside looking up at the nearest engine which, for some reason had shut down. A ladder appeared and one man climbed up, fiddled about with the engine, then climbed down and signalled to the pilot who started up again. After a minute or so, the engine shut down.

At this point, the second chap wandered off whilst the first one sat down on the ground and lit up a cigarette. A few minutes later, the second chap came back with a book, presumably the instruction
manual. The pair of them chatted for a while and then the first chap climbed back up to the engine and tinkered around again.

By this time, they had the attention of all of the passengers. There was a good deal of banter about it, but with an underlying nervousness. The crew, by contrast, were quite relaxed, and chatted happily to us and amongst themselves. Eventually, the first chap climbed down and he and his mate walked off with their ladder and manual, giving us a cheery wave as they went. The pilot started the engines, assured us that all was well and off we took. The flight to Acapulco turned out to be uneventful, the cabin crew looked after us very well and we landed safely.

Looking back and thinking about it, we probably could not have asked for a better pair of engineers. These were chaps who had to be able to operate remotely and without modem facilities. They could probably have stripped down the engine, made a spare part and put it back together again if necessary. Nevertheless, It was a relieved group of passengers who said goodbye to the crew at Acapulco airport.

If only we had known what Jay ahead of us, but that is another story ...

Thanks to The_Other and my local library, we'll have insights from the various collections for many of the coming stories. I have some for previous adventures that I may add to the collections. As always, you can revisit Modesty at: https://transmodiar.imgur.com/

Next Week: "A Few Flowers for the Colonel"

Transmodiar fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 20, 2017

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Transmodiar posted:

Thanks to The_Other and my local library, we'll have insights from the various collections for many of the coming stories. I have some for previous adventures that I may add to the collections. As always, you can revisit Modesty at: https://transmodiar.imgur.com/

Next Week: "A Few Flowers for the Colonel"

thanks again for posting these. Neat to see the behind-the-scenes stuff, even if I'm a bit confused how the airplane story ties into the moonman plot

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

dismas posted:

This made me very happy thank you

Just following the thread traditions...and my muse.

Sally Forth

The writer's commentary makes me wonder which one of you is him in disguise.

Ces posted:

Portraying a sense of disquiet is never exactly the most inviting approach. And we knew going into this storyline that it would be only a matter of days (well, minutes) before some readers would be using the word “Funkyverse” to describe current Sally Forth. For those who don’t frequent specific online communities, “Funkyverse” is another way of saying. “For the love of God, lighten the f*** up already!”

Skippy (August 23, 1930)

Peanuts (October 23, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (November 26-27, 1930)

Thimble Theater (May 11, 1931)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 20, 2017

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

What are we to read from this? I really have no idea.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

BigglesSWE posted:

ask mordock

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pretty cold from Willie there with the fishing for an excuse.

Johnny Walker posted:

I don't even know what this is.

He is the page turner. She is flailing around madly like concert pianists do, and he is wearing a helmet for protection. It is a joke, just not well drawn.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

I sort of hope that's it. Please not another week of this nothing buildup. This extremely gentle ramp.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SOMEONE SHUT THIS HOSTAGE UP WHILE I'M TRYING TO STOP THE SHERIFF SHOOTING AT US

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

If you have time to lean, you have time to clean!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Is that last panel traced from some famous scene? I feel like I've seen that exact pose somewhere.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Pop Team Epic

Honey Come Chatka

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Is it just me, or Gwen and Not-Peter about to have a fight with the guys from Clerks? I think one of them had dark hair instead of blonde though.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set knows that you have to go in with a plan.

Working Daze is yesterday's joke...today!

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix bypasses the whole mega-event thing.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

BigglesSWE posted:

Ann wants Les to call her "mom," he's still mad at her for being absent throughout his childhood and refuses to call her "mom."

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007
Always the simplest solution.

Kennel posted:

Is that last panel traced from some famous scene? I feel like I've seen that exact pose somewhere.

I was thinking it had a kind of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid vibe to it, but it's not quite exact.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EasyEW posted:

The writer's commentary makes me wonder which one of you is him in disguise.
Marciuliano reads The Comics Curmudgeon.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (March 12, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (March 12, 1996)

Garfield Classic (March 12, 1986)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Angular Cyrus posted:

Pop Team Epic

Honey Come Chatka

Honey Come Chatka and Pop Team Epic are so loving good.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

random Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

And then everyone applauded.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Yay! Skip is going to jail!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So.....that's it? It was just a lingerie party? And a way to try to make Les look like the rear end everyone tells us he is?Cool. Good work, Evanses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
the bus

• Locked thread