Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Is it just me or do these wolfenstein dudes look like they'd make a badass guard regiment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Yes. Give me literally Nazi guardsmen GW. Thank you

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Wait, why would you give him two left hands?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

chutche2 posted:

Is it just me or do these wolfenstein dudes look like they'd make a badass guard regiment

:yikes:

Uh, no...

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

chutche2 posted:

I don't generally think of nazis as badass.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
also there are already like three of them.

edit: Hell if you want to go full on Kerebos Panzer Cops, dreamforge has you covered.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 20, 2017

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

chutche2 posted:

I wish I could say that it's just you but this hobby is infested with wannabe neo-Nazis. (not saying you're one of them)

Genghis Cohen posted:

Does anyone think 12 points will make rangers ok? They still suffer from all the same problems as before, really low punch and vulnerability to assaults/flamers. Just not as cripplingly expensive. I feel like their rifles would still need some sort of ap modifier to make them worthwhile.

lol bruh it makes them really good. gotta snipe those loving commissars somehow

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Der Waffle Mous posted:

also there are already like three of them.

edit: Hell if you want to go full on Kerebos Panzer Cops, dreamforge has you covered.

Oh? That'd be cool to see.

I just like how chunky their armor looks, especially with the helmet. I'm not putting swastikas on my guardsmen I just like the look of the armor.

I'd love something like that for scions.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 20, 2017

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Kasrkins looked cooler than those nazis, and they had the chunky armour aesthetic.

Man, I relaly want plastic Kasrkin. Scions look way too ornamental by comparison.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

chutche2 posted:

I mean this is more or less how my basic Guardsmen already look:

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

the kasrkin sergeant is still one of my favorite guard minis.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Phyresis posted:

lol bruh it makes them really good. gotta snipe those loving commissars somehow

I think there would be an opportunity if a character were wounded already, which is actually likely to come up. But you need a fair few sniper rifles, or incredible luck, to bring down a character from most any army (besides guard and maybe tau) in one round, and it's so easy to hide behind a vehicle or terrain, and the rangers will never justify their cost shooting at anything else, and they're dead weight once fast troops close in on them, and . . .

Basically rangers are a cool idea but I've never taken them in a game before and had them do well for me. Probably quite a hard unit for the designers to balance - make them too cheap or deadly, and suddenly each eldar player has 60 vasily wotsisnames no-scoping the enemy army from their deployment zone.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

Genghis Cohen posted:

I think there would be an opportunity if a character were wounded already, which is actually likely to come up. But you need a fair few sniper rifles, or incredible luck, to bring down a character from most any army (besides guard and maybe tau) in one round, and it's so easy to hide behind a vehicle or terrain, and the rangers will never justify their cost shooting at anything else, and they're dead weight once fast troops close in on them, and . . .

Basically rangers are a cool idea but I've never taken them in a game before and had them do well for me. Probably quite a hard unit for the designers to balance - make them too cheap or deadly, and suddenly each eldar player has 60 vasily wotsisnames no-scoping the enemy army from their deployment zone.

Sounds like you need to git good at rolling 6s.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Corrode posted:

I mean this is more or less how my basic Guardsmen already look:

My guardsmen use the same Pig Iron heads. Great choice, no regrets. Not even expensive. At one point a few years ago, I remember seeing a painting competition posted online for IG squads. 4/5 of the winning entries were using those heads!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Genghis Cohen posted:

At 12pts a model they're good. Sat in cover they'll be fairly hard to dig out, and although it's relatively easy to hide a character in deployment, it's harder to do once things start blowing up, and of course making parts of the board a no-go for characters is a power all of its own.

Genghis Cohen posted:

My guardsmen use the same Pig Iron heads. Great choice, no regrets. Not even expensive. At one point a few years ago, I remember seeing a painting competition posted online for IG squads. 4/5 of the winning entries were using those heads!

My only concern is taking them to the UK GT in Feb - it's very minimal non-GW parts, but who knows how they'll go down? I love them though, it's a great look.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Kasrkins looked cooler than those nazis, and they had the chunky armour aesthetic.

Man, I relaly want plastic Kasrkin. Scions look way too ornamental by comparison.

Yeah I really regret selling my kasrkins when I got out of the hobby in 5th or 6th, gently caress those were good models.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Corrode posted:

At 12pts a model they're good. Sat in cover they'll be fairly hard to dig out, and although it's relatively easy to hide a character in deployment, it's harder to do once things start blowing up, and of course making parts of the board a no-go for characters is a power all of its own.

TWSS posted:

Sounds like you need to git good at rolling 6s.

Haha, fair one, one good roll from the 10 I've got and I could be laughing over my opponents' tears in a most eldar-y way.

I will certainly give them a try when the book is out then. Since all my main strength is grouped under fast attack, i.e. 1 comd point outrider detachments, rangers will be very useful for a cheap battalion detachment, get me some comd points to throw around.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

It's gonna be fun hiding a couple Fire Prisms out of LoS, scooting one out, linking their shots, and then scooting it back into cover. it costs 2 CP but drat that is going to really mess up a superheavy's day. I really need to nab one of the current Start Collecting boxes before they're gone, better call up the local WARHAMMER™ store...

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

the thing with rangers is that you're comparing them with the other two eldar troops choices.

and then taking Kabalites because for some reason farseers are the best DE HQ.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I actually just built my first scion box last night which is what made me think about it. Really underwhelming. Kasrkin are bulky and imposing, these are just guardsmen with cables.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Der Waffle Mous posted:

the thing with rangers is that you're comparing them with the other two eldar troops choices.

and then taking Kabalites because for some reason farseers are the best DE HQ.

It would be awesome if DAs also drop to 12 pts per model w/ weapon.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

bonds0097 posted:

It would be awesome if DAs also drop to 12 pts per model w/ weapon.

They have! Also rangers are now 12ppm as well.

Edit: this is from the ham tv stream. dunno if that includes the weapon

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

chutche2 posted:

I actually just built my first scion box last night which is what made me think about it. Really underwhelming. Kasrkin are bulky and imposing, these are just guardsmen with cables.

I'd recommend getting the FW Cadians with Respirators for a built-up guardsmen silhouette, add scion arms to them, and greenstuff or run guitar cable to the backpacks.
I have about 30 of them on my workbench at the moment, but I'm so behind with moving, work travel, and renovations that I'm just poking at tanks and other projects until I set up a proper workspace.

Otherwise, you can always add some plasticard or bits to form a sort of add-on armor look if you're comfortable doing it.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Primarch Leftus Manus
:golfclap:

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Chiwie posted:

They have! Also rangers are now 12ppm as well.

Edit: this is from the ham tv stream. dunno if that includes the weapon

Awesome!

Yea, that has to include the weapon since right now the model alone costs 10 ppm. And 7 for the weapon. I could see that dropping to 8 and 4. Though I guess that would make the DA exarch with 2 avenger catapults pretty cheap. We'll see what happens.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Really stoked on the ranger, dire avenger, windrider, vyper and fire prism changes! I hope GW doesn't forget about falcons because they're objectively worse than wave serpents and cost around 50 pts more.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

This must be the opposite of how Tyranids and Orks players feel, huh? Supreme confidence that your Codex will be at least playable with synergy between units?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Immanentized posted:

I'd recommend getting the FW Cadians with Respirators for a built-up guardsmen silhouette, add scion arms to them, and greenstuff or run guitar cable to the backpacks.
I have about 30 of them on my workbench at the moment, but I'm so behind with moving, work travel, and renovations that I'm just poking at tanks and other projects until I set up a proper workspace.

Otherwise, you can always add some plasticard or bits to form a sort of add-on armor look if you're comfortable doing it.

Plasticard is out of my league but if I expand my MT I'll look into those cadians.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

chutche2 posted:

Alert Sent.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Frobbe posted:

Prepare for the parade of techpriests, from the first i've ever painted to the latest one!

Also i've gotten a vastly better phonecam compared to the one i used for the first two and the one i used for the last three pictures.

These rule and are inspiring me to get started with my own AM

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Stanyer89 posted:

Alert Sent.

Did Nazi that coming etc.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Booyah- posted:

These rule and are inspiring me to get started with my own AM

Mission accomplished. Some day it'll be the parade of skitarii!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Stanyer89 posted:

Alert Sent.

Those are some good commnets.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
God this guy was a chore to paint.

gently caress white, even small amounts. Pretty pleased with how he turned out none the less, he's been pretty much an auto include since he pumped 3 wounds back into my outnumbered 15-1 captain in my game against Zark at the UK goonpocalypse.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Artum posted:

gently caress white, even small amounts. Pretty pleased with how he turned out none the less, he's been pretty much an auto include since he pumped 3 wounds back into my outnumbered 15-1 captain in my game against Zark at the UK goonpocalypse.

He looks rad. Nice work man

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Artum posted:

Your hard work with the white paid off, he looks great!

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Hixson posted:

He looks rad. Nice work man

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I am literally a member of CPUSA so nazism isn't really my jam

Anyway before I get cool scions I want to get Victoria Lamb valhallans

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Artum posted:

He looks very good. Well done.