Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

vains posted:

1-for the record, i didn't buy you a title change because that is the biggest bitchmade move there is. however, i don't disagree with the sentiment.

2-you called me a bigot in response to a joke about the similarities in rhetoric used. your first move is 'attack person directly'. you do realize that, right?

but, to be clear, you are garbage and cole is babyshit soft and a moron. neither opinions are related to the political positions held.

Grow up and stop throwing tantrums, you gigantic baby. Here's the fun fact: My post wasn't even directed at you. :ssh: But you still decided to take it personally and turn into a gigantic HULK MAD post about how I'm a lovely poster. gently caress you. I'm a veteran too, I can post in GiP all I want.

Waiting for your inevitable meltdown about safe spaces and how the evil left is coming for your home defense weapons. Just gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

vains posted:

it should be relatively uninvolved to just make a national ID, run it through state DMV offices, and provide some funding to make it all happen without loving over old people who dont drive.

A national shall-issue, government funded voter card would be relatively easy, I agree. But holy loving laughing my dick off if you think the GOP would support that, especially without putting a bunch of poisonous requirements in there.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

You would need to impliment a nation wide ID card to replace SSNs and have a 10 year period where you can use either one for voting.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

You would need to impliment a nation wide ID card to replace SSNs and have a 10 year period where you can use either one for voting.

At this rate, with Equifax absolutely gutting any sort of semblance of ID Security, we might have to replace SSNs....it won't happen, but frankly somethings gotta give.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 16, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Behold how dumb this video is, and despair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia9cj_AWPPI

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

That's not dumb, the message is chilling and terrifying. It almost sounds like the NRA is calling for violence.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

DoktorLoken posted:

That's not dumb, the message is chilling and terrifying. It almost sounds like the NRA is calling for violence.

Well, real dumb in that it kind of ignores presidents and their supporters who had it worse. You know, like Abraham Lincoln and the armies of the Union.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

DoktorLoken posted:

I wonder if the NRA people would cower like the alt-right if ever confronted with real violence. They've got a hero complex, but those don't hold up to drone strikes and long range rifles.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

lmao this is basically a fuckin command&conquer story cutscene

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

DoktorLoken posted:

Lol the NRA is whistling as hard as they can

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

brand engager posted:

Greg Burdette was more convincing.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

brand engager posted:

eh the joke i had here fell flat but she isn't even good enough for a c&c cutscene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niZpcdp2v34

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Down to the second drat

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Maybe its because I live on base or something but the NRA thought I was a loyal gun owner and sent me a survey where you either answer "Yes, More Guns for Everyone!" or "I HATE THE UNITED STATES AND FREEDOM. I AM A COMMUNIST, AND HATE DOGGES"

Shredded that one. Printed out a dickbutt and drew a little gun on it to be topical. Wrote "NRA is pretty crazy these days yo" and put it back in their prepaid envelope.

Thats my story about the NRA.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

my local range makes NRA membership a requirement

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Smiling Jack posted:

I have been fortunate to never have to do that. Public ranges, good ole boy shootin' holes, and military ranges have let me escape that bullshit.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Smiling Jack posted:

Lol even the actual NRA HQ range doesn't require you to be a NRA member

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Tyro posted:

Lol even the actual NRA HQ range doesn't require you to be a NRA member

Local ranges do that so they can get NRA insurance. It's a gently caress ton cheaper than trying to insure your business through other companies. The caveat is that they make it NRA members only unfortunately.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

cops making jokes about other cops committing murder is extremely my poo poo.

not a cop.

just bad.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

cops bad

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

No! Good!

<thread continues>

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

my kinda ape posted:

Before we move on to a different subject could you please tell us in very clear terms if you think the jury made the correct decision or not? Thanks :)

The most egregious cop murder video I ever saw was the one where the guy runs like 10 feet away from the cop and he gets gunned down the whole way.

Then I saw the documentary about the guy who stabilized the video and then later saw that the victim had actually grabbed the cop's tazer and the cop had to assume he still had it when he shot him. .. and nobody gave a poo poo. Because it felt bad.

Goon Cops say cop was bad. Good enough for me. But I'm still gonna look and think about it.

The cop says "don't put your hands at the small of your back again or I'll shoot you" and then the guy reaches for his waistband. An argument could be made for the hosed up "crawl towards me" if the cops believed there might be an armed man still in the room (there were two men in there when the complaint about someone aiming a gun was called in and they are asking him throughout the video if anyone else is inside).

I know that all looks like gibberish to you because every authority figure everywhere is a bad bad murder man but it's okay to keep an open mind and consider all possibilities instead of accepting feels as unquestionable truth.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

he toyed with a prone crying man and then killed him as if he was gonna 420quickscope him from that position

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

brand engager posted:

he toyed with a prone crying man and then killed him as if he was gonna 420quickscope him from that position

Prone is the most stable firing position.

Makes you think.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

did you just say the Walter Scott shooting was justified? Because god drat gently caress you

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 9, 2017

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

did you just say the Walter Scott shooting was justified? Because god drat gently caress you

Seemed compelling to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZSb00oSzuY

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

In what loving world is shooting a fleeing man armed with a taser remotely justified

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

In what loving world is shooting a fleeing man armed with a taser remotely justified

The one where he can turn around, use it on you, and then murder you?

I may just be a simple pervert wrangler, but

That seems like something you shouldn't have to roll the dice on. Good for you for knowing yourself with such a high degree of certainty that you can say another man deserves a ~20 year sentence for not handling the situation as well as you've handled it.

.. I assume that's happened to you. Can't imagine why else you'd be so certain of his thought process.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hot take: being the kind of sick gently caress that voluntarily wears a badge for more than three years should get you summarily executed

realtalk: cops are universally poo poo, even if the people who are cops aren't all poo poo people. all cops are truly bastards

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Victor Vermis posted:

The one where he can turn around, use it on you, and then murder you?

I may just be a simple pervert wrangler, but

That seems like something you shouldn't have to roll the dice on. Good for you for knowing yourself with such a high degree of certainty that you can say another man deserves a ~20 year sentence for not handling the situation as well as you've handled it.

.. I assume that's happened to you. Can't imagine why else you'd be so certain of his thought process.

i think there are rare occasions where shooting someone in the back is justified as self defense. this wasn't one of them though.

but i mean if you want to play "what if" with people and shoot them because your "what if" scenario ends with them killing you, then i guess cops should just be weapons free on everyone.

because...

like...

what if, man?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Smiling Jack posted:

errr wait it's two stories right? He meant this one? Daniel Shaver?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.bfb939ba62e5

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

i think there are rare occasions where shooting someone in the back is justified as self defense. this wasn't one of them though.

but i mean if you want to play "what if" with people and shoot them because your "what if" scenario ends with them killing you, then i guess cops should just be weapons free on everyone.

because...

like...

what if, man?

Questionable use of lethal force aside,

In your opinion, someone who just wrestled a tazer out of a cop's hand presents the same amount of baseline risk as "everyone else"?

Shut up Cole.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

errr wait it's two stories right? He meant this one? Daniel Shaver?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.bfb939ba62e5

We're talking about both.

Prior to Shaver, Scott was the most obvious (imo) unnecessary use of lethal force on video.

But even then I was surprised by the things shown in that documentary I posted above.

And so, with that in mind, I'm not passing judgment on the cop who killed Shaver.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I am. I don't know what's wrong with you.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Victor Vermis posted:

Questionable use of lethal force aside,

In your opinion, someone who just wrestled a tazer out of a cop's hand presents the same amount of baseline risk as "everyone else"?

Shut up Cole.

Is his back to me because he is running away from me? He serves as much risk to me as everyone else in that situation, yeah. Probably less risk than someone legally open carrying an AR, to be honest.

But lmao at prefacing your question with "questionable use of lethal force aside"

Keep doing mental gymnastics to justify cops murdering people.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Nevermind, you're right. Reality is a lethal weapon movie and we should just plug everyone like an action scene because maybe... just maybe... they'll do some wicked 360 noscope on me from 20 feet away with a taser.

Just like in the movies.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Victor Vermis posted:

We're talking about both.

Prior to Shaver, Scott was the most obvious (imo) unnecessary use of lethal force on video.

But even then I was surprised by the things shown in that documentary I posted above.

And so, with that in mind, I'm not passing judgment on the cop who killed Shaver.

Its difficult to judge the people you're busy fellating

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I guess my only question for VV is how all those boots taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
At some point, some kind of evidence has to clear the threshold for reasonable doubt or else the people questioning it are clearly arguing in bad faith. A rock-steady, high definition, uninterrupted video of a complete police encounter from the exact perspective of the shooter is that kind of evidence. Like, what the hell more do you want. You don't need a Canadian nerd to make a documentary to clear this one up.

• Locked thread