Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

GMT != UTC. GMT still has daylight savings time. UTC does not.

That's BST.

GMT = UTC always.

The UK moves from GMT to BST throughout the year.

We are currently in BST, we will switch to GMT in a week or so.

edit : emu taxxe

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

What the gently caress is Jester on about now? I've been busy this morning and haven't had a chance to catch up.

He was engaged in some epic self-owns. We were laughing so hard on Discord.

He was actually name dropping - while lying - because he didn't realize that when he reported the OSC post, that Reddit would hide it from HIS view.

It was hilarious. You had to be there.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
So they're straight up not doing any sort of demo?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dementropy posted:

Where the comment should be:

Yeah, he has OSC on auto-mod because he wants to censor what he is saying. It's not like the guy has ever broken any of the rules.

----------------

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/921477477238702082

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

thatguy posted:

I think jester may have finally snapped. He's been going on a posting spree and each comment I see seems to be more absurd than the last.

We've been reporting /r/ds to Reddit admins. Which means he gets to do more work of moderating the devils rear end crack. Repeatedly.

So yeah, probably snapped. But he was always a moron anyway. He used to be on our Discord until he got chased away when the common sense rhetoric overloaded his brain.

----------------

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/CLB4p5H.mp4

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
As we roll into the worst week of the year, I would just like to remind everyone that later says "is that it?", that yes, that indeed, was it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Moma, why don't you post so much anymore?

It's almost as if vocal support for this project is completely embarrassing. Say it ain't so.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

They actually linked that schedule page.

They're just going into alternate realities now.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

There are so many cascading russian-doll instanced levels of failure at play I can't actually understand it fully.

I tend to view it the same way as the Clive Barker renditions of hell, just as you think you've really gotten a solid handle on the whole thing, it just unfolds and entirely new and fresh sensation of hell.

Just to be entirely clear, that's grown man somersaulting himself into a freezer. People used to commit in showbusiness.

Hav fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 20, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sabreseven posted:

Getting her wings clipped in all mediums just lately. :)

They even cut the y from her name!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Toops posted:

Hopefully more than 7 minutes of that panel is just Ivo Herzeg talking about how stupid it is to use mocap data for camera input, set to pants-shittingly awful dance-pop music mixed just loud enough so you can't hear him.

Well have I got some good news for you :D

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hav posted:

I tend to view it the same way as the Clive Barker renditions of hell, just as you think you've really gotten a solid handle on the whole thing, it just unfolds and entirely new and fresh sensation of hell.

Just to be entirely clear, that's grown man somersaulting himself into a freezer. People used to commit in showbusiness.

And turns 90 degrees too!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:eyepop:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

:laffo:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Toops posted:

set to pants-shittingly awful dance-pop music mixed just loud enough so you can't hear him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhl-Cs1-sG4

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

LMFAO, nearly fell outa my chair :D

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Looks like they're all standing around a coffin

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SomethingJones posted:

Looks like they're all standing around a coffin

That's Ortwin

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

I guess you can not not touch the config files.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

For an hour.

Five hours of this...imaginary stage show?

Then we have whatever trailers and other presentations on top of that. Plus, it's book-ended by 2 presentations from crobbler?

Holy poo poo.

Stop complaining. This is good for Star Citizen.

----------------

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

"Welp, guess that was it... Whaddya wanna do now? Go to the UEEE Diplomatic Corps Bar?"
"And do what?"
"Catch up with."

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I guess you can not not touch the config files.

Would you even go as far to say they were brutally edited?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Someone photoshop a coffin onto the big table

lmao

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe

XK posted:

For an hour.

Five hours of this...imaginary stage show?

Then we have whatever trailers and other presentations on top of that. Plus, it's book-ended by 2 presentations from crobbler?

Holy poo poo.

They're gishgalloping us

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

We were laughing so hard on Discord.

You had to be there.

I'm immensely torn between outing my super secret as-yet-to-be-banned discord parachute and making a :negative: post about being unable to see the awesome owns.

:thunk:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

peter gabriel posted:

That's Ortwin

LOL

Chris comes out and cuts him in half with a saw

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

D_Smart posted:

And I like the OSC smackdown that followed.

:vince:

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Dat rage doe.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

:sandance: :sandance: :sandance:

So are all the panels being hosted by imaginary people, or are any actual people hosting a panel? This is like the King Richard's Faire of gaming, except you can get a turkey leg and beer for cheapish at King Richard's Faire.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AlbieQuirky posted:

:sandance: :sandance: :sandance:

So are all the panels being hosted by imaginary people, or are any actual people hosting a panel? This is like the King Richard's Faire of gaming, except you can get a turkey leg and beer for cheapish at King Richard's Faire.

To my surprise, Yogi Klatt appears to be real.

I didn't check anyone else but him and that Silas Koerner.

The only reason I even checked Silas Koerner is because he was tagged as "innovator of the year", and I wanted to know what the gently caress that was about.

XK fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 20, 2017

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Toops posted:

"Welp, guess that was it... Whaddya wanna do now? Go to the UEEE Diplomatic Corps Bar?"
"And do what?"
"Catch up with."

Is that a subtle advertisement for exploration in Elite by Frontier?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

I have refactored your post as it was not in line with RSI fidelity.

(And for nostalgia sakes)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'll say it again so I can shout I called it

The panels will be live actors using either mocap rigs so their virtual character is performing the speech

Or it will be using that newest of stretch goals no one asked for facial ip whatever and also the pre sale for the cig branded webcam will start

$149.99

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Blue On Blue posted:

I'll say it again so I can shout I called it

The panels will be live actors using either mocap rigs so their virtual character is performing the speech

Or it will be using that newest of stretch goals no one asked for facial ip whatever and also the pre sale for the cig branded webcam will start

$149.99

If they use mocap rigs live, wouldn't it just be all kinds of awesome if/when it fucks up and the digital character is spazzed out glitching the gently caress through everything, pulling faces out of the exorcist while the 'actor' remains unaware of the problem and carries on yapping. :)

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Sabreseven posted:

It's *filler*

But why? Why in God's name would you insist on streaming stupid poo poo like this for NINE HOURS when you have nothing to show?

I could see if they were actually good at doing this kind of thing, but they're terrible at that, too. Every stream for the last couple years has been a cringe fest.

The problem with cig is that goons are the only ones having fun watching them, bit not for the right reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"If", he says.

Hahahaha