Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Magni posted:

Teclis' start position looks like the one off-shore settlement that's part of the Vampire Coast.

Which means that on one hand, you have to deal with vampiric corruption from local population. On the other hand, it's a pretty insane money-maker province, especially for High Elves, because every settlement in the province has a port.

Spend some influence on a couple money making mages and I have a feeling his start will be just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Panfilo posted:

I would've had Ungrim in Karak Kadrin and modify the unique building to let you get Slayers earlier and not need a forge.

I am not 100% on this since I can't remember if this was radious or not, but I think in warhammer 2 that the slayer building has been lowered a tier. I want to believe I saw that in the faction unlocker mod without radious on.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Cpt_Obvious posted:

So, the elven port settlements provide a bonus to port income. Does anyone know how much? Is it only for that province?
If memory serves it's +50% to the region and +3% factionwide.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Teclis' new start has a trade resource which puts it one up on his old one, and it's a bunch of turns less travel to find willing trade partners to boot.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Third World Reggin posted:

I am not 100% on this since I can't remember if this was radious or not, but I think in warhammer 2 that the slayer building has been lowered a tier. I want to believe I saw that in the faction unlocker mod without radious on.

Was this recent? Back when I tried a faction unlocker for Dwarves I tried out all the subfaction starting areas. Karak Kadrin was only tier 1 and had a tier 1 brewery I think.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Note that he said in Warhammer 2. He's talking about the basic Slayer cult building, not the Karad Kadrin Landmark (and I'm not sure how Karad Kadrin's starting level would be relevant to that either).

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Oh, I glanced right past that part by accident.

Cool if they lowered the slayer shrine building a tier, but you still need time support building for it to get Slayers. And if you want Hammerers/Ironbreakers later you also need the Hall of Oaths building. Dwarf recruitment trees suck. I don't think anyone else needs so many goddamn tier 4 buildings, which is why Mazz's T4 Dwarf mod rocks.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Ze Pollack posted:

it is either an extremely silly british people injoke, or

Ahhhhhhh

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

It was only tier 3 to begin with, it just cost like 10k gold to get, so it was almost never worth it.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Teclis new start is a 4 settlement province with the elven colony capital, and all 4 settlements have ports. It's pretty much just a straight improvement over the turtle isles in that regard. Less isolated, which can be a positive or negative depending on viewpoint.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

So, the elven port settlements provide a bonus to port income. Does anyone know how much? Is it only for that province?

50% for ports in the province, 3% for ports global.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Another important question: do the Skaven have warplock jezzails or ratling gun teams?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Another important question: do the Skaven have warplock jezzails or ratling gun teams?

Nope. There is a mod for the ratling gun team but eh. Wait for DLC because I am sure they are gonna add them. Skaven are a money maker for them.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The Vampire Count item Skabscrath is uh, incredibly powerful in TW1. I wish half the magic spells in the game were as deadly. It's a wind spell, but the wider part of the spell can apparently do 3500 damage to a unit of spearman. And if there's a few units clumped together?

All the damaged units in the pic are from the spell, about 7500 damage total. That's pretty nuts for something that recharges reasonably fast and doesn't use mana! Not sure how it's only uncommon.

Man, if this thing is in the second game when mortal empires comes out and you can actually aim wind spells properly, it'll be very silly.

Any other super strong items like this floating around?

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Since DLC speculation seems like a popular pastime, and since I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it before, while I was looking at the game data earlier I stumbled upon stuff for three additional ritual resource locations that aren't currently active in The Golden Colossus, Marks of the Old Ones, and Tor Surpindar. I don't know enough about Warhammer lore poo poo to say what races those would likely be associated with.

Also, I couldn't find a decent list of landmark locations in the new campaign (why does Royal Military Academy/Honga have to be such a poo poo website?), so I slapped one together for the playable races. Maybe someone else will find it useful. Skaven landmarks for the old-world are already in there, for whatever reason.

code:
Landmark                                	Region                      	Factions               
High Elves                              		
Amphitheatre of Yvresse                 	Tor Yvresse                 	
Ancient Subterranian Palace             	Tor Koruali                 	
Court of the Everqueen                  	Gaean Vale                  	hef, wef               
Court of the Phoenix King               	Lothern                     	
Royal Ellyrian Stables                  	Tor Elyr                    	
White Lion Hunting Grounds              	Tor Achare                  	

Dark Elves                              		
Gate to the Underworld Sea              	Clarak Spire                	
Hellebron's Palace                      	Har Ganeth                  	
Slave Traders' Palaces                  	Karond Kar                  	
The Altar of Ultimate Darkness          	Altar of Ultimate Darkness  	def, vmp               
Towers of the Black Guard               	Naggarond                   	

Shared Elves                            		
Black Citadel of Anlec                  	Tor Anlec                   	
Flaming Braziers of War                 	Har Ganeth                  	
Glittering Tower Lighthouse             	Glittering Tower            	brt, emp, def, hef     
Hall of Charioteers                     	Tor Anroc                   	
Hall of Dragons                         	Vaul's Anvil                	
Palace of Tiranoc                       	Tor Anroc                   	
Temple of Vaul                          	Vor Caledor Vaul's Anvil    	
Temple of Vaul                          	Black Coast Vaul's Anvil    	
The Black Tower of Malekith             	Naggarond                   	

Lizardmen                               		
Blessed Incubator                       	Hexoatl                     	
Chameleon Shrine                        	Axlotl                      	
Plateau of the Fallen Gates             	Fallen Gates                	
Serpent Lairs of Sotek                  	Quetza                      	
Shrine of Birds                         	Oyxl                        	
Temple of Mists                         	Xlanhuapec                  	
Temple of the Eclipse                   	Tlaxtlan                    	
Vaults of the Old Ones                  	Itza                        	

Skaven                                  		
Clan Mors Headquarters                  	Yuatek (Karag Orrud)*       	
Corrupted Spawning Pool                 	Oyxl                        	
Council Chamber of the Thirteen         	(Skavenblight)              	
Depths of the Pit                       	(Hellpit)                   	
The Shattered Tower                     	(Skavenblight)              	

All Factions                            		
Beacon of Dawn                          	Ziggurat of Dawn            	nor, def, skv, vmp†    
Flame of Asuryan                        	Shrine of Asuryan           	def, hef, vmp          
Gates of Lothern                        	Lothern                     	hef                    
Golden Tower of the Gods                	The Golden Tower            	lzd                    
Lairs of Clar Karond                    	Clar Karond                 	def, emp, grn, skv, vmp
Purified Convent of Sorcery             	Ghrond                      	def, emp, hef, vmp     
Sanctum of Quintex                      	Ancient City of Quintex     	
Shrine of the Widowmaker                	Shrine of Khaine            	def, hef, vmp          
Stellar Pyramids of the Southern Skies  	Hexoatl                     	lzd                    
The Black Pyramid of Nagash             	Black Pyramid of Nagash     	vmp                    
The Chamber of Visions                  	Chamber of Visions          	
The Dark Crag                           	Hag Graef                   	def                    
The Emerald Pools                       	Itza                        	
White Tower of Hoeth                    	White Tower of Hoeth        	def, hef, emp          

* Regions in parenthesis aren't implemented.
†For the all faction landmarks, the factions column lists which factions have unique versions.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Just chiming in to say the banners mod is real good wallet.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I like that hellpit is listed because that is supposed to be troll country. I don't see it on the map so it is either future DLC, has been moved to another region, or some how skaven rename a city.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I'm seeing an error where the game crashes when trying to load up any of my saves. Anyone else seen that? I've already tried verifying my local file integrity so next thing is probably uninstalling and re-installing. It's pretty weird since I was playing just fine this morning.

tithin posted:

Any good video LPs of the game, out?

I sort of prefer watching this game to playing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yacwA3LT0LI Quill18 isn't the best player but I always enjoy watching his videos regardless of game.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 20, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Mazz posted:

I thought he was holding off until Mortal Empires is released? Or does he have another banner mod for wh2?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Mazz posted:

It's the most popular mod on the workshop right now. Not bad.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey, do you lose experience when replenishing like you do in Shogun?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Teclis new start position is on a minor settlement in the region. Are there any other LLs that don't start at the provincial capital?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Torrannor posted:

Teclis new start position is on a minor settlement in the region. Are there any other LLs that don't start at the provincial capital?

Skarsnik and Vlad/Isabella von Carstein both start at minor settlements. Possibly Throgg too.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Torrannor posted:

skarsnik

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

Hey, do you lose experience when replenishing like you do in Shogun?

Think so, and I hate it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Well, this battle got close. 300 vs 800 at the start. Ended up with just my low level Lord and Hero vs 4 half-strength units of Sea Guards. Every unit on the field ran out of ammo I think.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Dandywalken posted:

Think so, and I hate it.

It makes sense though, you're adding green troops to a veteran unit, so the average troop quality is going down. You can manage it somewhat by topping up one depleted veteran unit from another. The second will still end up losing some veterancy but you will eventually be able to develop a core of seasoned troops this way.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Oh its absolutely justified realism wise. It just makes it a total bitch for most Greenskins to benefit from higher tier veterancy:P

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Wafflecopper posted:

It makes sense though, you're adding green troops to a veteran unit, so the average troop quality is going down. You can manage it somewhat by topping up one depleted veteran unit from another. The second will still end up losing some veterancy but you will eventually be able to develop a core of seasoned troops this way.

I'm pretty sure this isn't how it works in TWW1 or 2. Replenishing doesn't affect veterancy but merging does - the unit with the higher number of men dictates the veterancy of the merged unit. So if you merge a rank 5 30-man unit with a rank 1 31-man unit it'll create a rank 1 61-man unit, but if the rank 5 one has more men in it you'll end up with a rank 5 one. Standard replenishment doesn't affect experience at all.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
That's one of the advantages of combining depleted units: you can manage experience dilution better at the cost of bringing in a completely fresh unit. Sometimes that's good, though, if your new units get experience bonuses.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

While I was at it I decided to make a list of all of the treasure hunt outcomes because I keep forgetting to save before I click them and I live in fear of being cursed until the end of time. As far as I can tell all of the events with more than one possible outcome are 50/50, but I could be wrong.

code:
Abandoned Barracks		
Leave the barracks: 		
Take the weapons: +10% melee attack for 3 turns | -10% melee attack for 3 turns		
Sell the weapons to allies: +750 gold | -25% income from trade for 5 turns		
Ignore them and keep searching: +100 Ritual Currency (Vortex only) | -1000 gold		

The Spoils of War		
Move on: 		
Bury the dead: +50 Ritual Currency (Vortex only)		
Loot the bodies: Helm of Discord		
Investigate the warehouse: +1000 gold		

One Egg or Two?		
Leave the nest: 		
Take and sell the eggs: +2000 gold		
Search the nest: Dawnstone | -10% armour for 3 turns		
Search the mountain: +80 Ritual Currency (Vortex only)		

What's Behind Door No.1?		
Leave at once: 		
Take the first door: +3 public order for 5 turns | -20% Winds of Magic power reserve for 5 turns		
Take the second door: +1500 gold | -10% campaign movement range for 3 turns		
Take the third door: +25% income from trade for 5 turns		

Effigy of Gork		
Ignore the Shaman: 		
Help the Shaman: +50 Ritual Currency (Vortex only) | Cursed		
Loot his body: +500 gold		
Interrogate the Shaman: Helm of Discord | -1000 gold		

Flooded Armoury		
Leave the armour: 		
Take what you can and leave the rest: Trickster's Helm		
Recover the armour: +10% armor for 5 turns | -50% magic item drop for 5 turns		
Search for a way to drain the armoury: +10% armor for 5 turns		

Disturbing the Dead		
Leave the graves alone: 		
Search the area for tracks: +50 Ritual Currency (Vortex only)		
Dig up the graves: Dawnstone | Cursed		
Magically search the graves: Sword of Might		

Treasures of Lustria		
Leave the vault: 		
Take the artefacts: +1000 gold		
Investigate further: +50 Ritual Currency (Vortex only) | -10% campaign movement range for 3 turns		
Sell the location: +1000 gold		

Perverse Practitioners of Excess		
Kill it with fire: 		
Purify the shrine: +5 public order, +3% untainted for 5 turns | +3 public order for 3 turns & 		
Leave this place: +5% chaos corruption for 5 turns		
Investigate the shrine: +3% chaos corruption for 5 turns		

The Beast Within		
Ignore the tunnel: 		
Enter the tunnel: +1000 xp | Wounded		
Send scouts to investigate: Helm of Fortune		
Collapse the tunnel: +250 gold		

Mysterious Stranger		
Ignore them: 		
Attack them: Fencer's Blades | Wounded		
Engage in conversation: Spawn Champion or Spawn Spy (faction dependent)		
Follow them: +100 Ritual Currency (Vortex only)		

Mechanical Automaton		
Leave it alone: 		
Study it: -750 gold		
Take it and sell it: +500 gold		
Study it from a distance: +10 Ritual Currency (Vortex only)		

Picked Clean		
Move on: 		
Search again: -500 gold		
Follow the tracks: +1000 gold & Luckstone | -25% campaign movement range for 2 turns		
Prepare an ambush in case they return: +1000 gold		

Rebel Scum		
Walk away: 		
Offer to trade with them: -500 gold & +10 melee attack for 3 turns | -1000 gold		
Trap them inside and burn the warehouse: +3 public order for 5 turns		
Demand their surrender: +10 melee attack for 3 turns | -10 public order for 5 turns		

Scavengers		
Avoid conflict and leave: 		
Give them a wide berth: +250 gold		
Offer to help them search: +500 gold | -500 gold & -50% magic item drop for 5 turns		
Attack the thieves: Biting Blade		

Foetid Daughter of Grandfather Nurgle		
Leave the Daemon: 		
Drink the Daemon's tears: +25% casualty replenishment rate, +5% chaos corruption for 3 turns		
Kill the Daemon: +3% untainted for 5 turns | +5% chaos corruption for 4 turns		
Search the cage: +200 Ritual Currency (Vortex only) | +5% chaos corruption for 5 turns		

The Liche Lord		
Abandon the shrine: 		
Put it to the torch: +3% untainted for 3 turns | +2% vampiric corruption for 3 turns		
Purify the shrine: +3% untainted (only if not Skaven or Chaos) for 3 turns | -500 gold, +100 Ritual Currency (Vortex only)		
Search the shrine: Gambler's Armour | Cursed		

Rats, Rats, Everywhere!		
Pay them: -500 gold		
Wait until your scouts return: -500 gold		
Fight them: -25% campaign movement range for 3 turns		
Say you work for the Horned Rat: +250 Ritual Currency (Vortex only) | Wounded		

Diabolical Weaponry		
Leave the machinery: 		
Study the machinery: +25% research rate for 5 turns | -3 public order for 3 turns		
Sell the machinery back to the Skaven: +750 gold		
Melt down the machinery: -10% construction costs for 5 turns | -3 public order for 3 turns		

Chaotic Fungus		
Leave them alone: 		
Inhale the fungus: +20% charge bonus, +5% chaos corruption for 3 turns		
Destroy the patch: +3% untainted for 3 turns | +5% chaos corruption for 5 turns		
Continue searching: +1000 gold		

Eight-Legged Fiends!		
Turn back: 		
Attack the spiders: Fencer's Blades, +1000 xp		
Avoid the spiders and take the item: Talisman of Protection | -50% campaign movement range, -10% melee defence for 5 turns		
Take a different path: +100 Ritual Currency (Vortex only)		

The Cursed Sword		
Reseal the door and leave: 		
Take the sword: Sword of BloodshedVSSword of Bloodshed, Cursed		
Purify the room: -750 gold, Sword of Bloodshed		
Ignore the sword and continue searching: +1000 gold		

The Tattered Library		
Leave the books: 		
Translate the first book: -500 gold & +25% research rate for 5 turns | -500 gold		
Translate the second book: -750 gold &+20% leadership for 5 turns | -750 gold		
Sell the books: +1000 gold		

The Underworld Sea		
Beat a hasty retreat: 		
Fight the sea monster: +1000 xp		
Search the caves: Luckstone | -25% campaign movement range for 2 turns		
Search the sea: +100 Ritual Currency (Vortex only)		

Tomb of the Mummy		
Leave the tomb: 		
Open the sarcophagus: +50 Ritual Currency (Vortex only)		
Take the artefact: Fencer's Blade		
Ignore it and keep searching: +1000 gold		

One Good Turn...		
Leave them to their fate: 		
Try to help: Spawn Champion or Spawn Spy (faction dependent)		
Attempt blackmail: +1000 gold | -20% Winds of Magic power reserve for 5 turns		
Ignore them and look elsewhere: +2000 gold		

Reading the Runes		
Wait to be rescued: -50% campaign movement range for 2 turns		
Investigate the mechanism: +50 Ritual Currency (Vortex only)		
Search for a way out: Wounded		
Study the runes: -15% construction cost for 5 turns | -25% campaign movement range for 2 turns		

Undead Sentinels		
Back away: 		
Approach carefully: +250 Ritual Currency (Vortex only)		
Attack from range: +20% leadership for 3 turns | -750 Gold		

Mazz posted:

Thanks!

Panfilo posted:

I thought he was holding off until Mortal Empires is released? Or does he have another banner mod for wh2?

I am. It's just uploaded with the changes to the original banners, though that's most of them. Somehow CA did really well with cool/interesting banners for the WH1 DLC and then went back to making lovely ones for WH2. Dark elves get two banners with the exact same description that give Frenzy and +3 leadership and Frenzy respectively for some reason, and there are three brand new banners that exclusively grant +4 or +5 melee attack. I guess they don't give a poo poo.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Are the responses to the treasure hunts identical for each race?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Wallet posted:

While I was at it I decided to make a list of all of the treasure hunt outcomes

This is interesting info. Though even with this cheat sheet I'm not sure it's worth bothering with treasure hunts, because chances are you just end up getting one of these many garbage events with nothing noteworthy. Not sure what they were thinking with these 500-1000g rewards. That doesn't even pay for the turn of upkeep your army just spent screwing around with this. The ritual currency might be nice if the race actually mattered, but it doesn't at all.

Those 2 helm of discord events are sorta tempting though. Such a great item to toss on your wizards, who aren't generally going to see melee combat and don't need items with better personal defense. More are always welcome. The free agents would also be nice in the early game.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Wallet posted:

I am. It's just uploaded with the changes to the original banners, though that's most of them. Somehow CA did really well with cool/interesting banners for the WH1 DLC and then went back to making lovely ones for WH2. Dark elves get two banners with the exact same description that give Frenzy and +3 leadership and Frenzy respectively for some reason, and there are three brand new banners that exclusively grant +4 or +5 melee attack. I guess they don't give a poo poo.

That rebanner mod looks really good. I downloaded it last night and haven't had a chance to play around with it. I'm looking forward to actually giving a poo poo about more than like 3 banners.

Why are there results that are the same as other results only without the chance for downside? It's bizarre how bad they are compared to 10k and a random magic item, -30% construction cost(!) and +10% income or -25?% to an army's upkeep.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hmm I could risk my Lord’s army getting -50% movement and -10% melee defense for 5(!) turns, or I could sail to this reef that I see for 10000 gold and no action. Decisions, decisions

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So Dogbert was showing off the ME map and some of the starting positions during the Twitchcon stream, and I just saw that both Lahmia AND Lybaras are there, so Khalida confirmed? Neferata as well?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I started a HE game and all of the DE love me after I beat up all the other high elves and took their stuff. All of the DE are also getting hosed up by roaming beastman hordes and want me to come save them. Lol sorry suckers, have fun in lovely fantasy canada getting hosed by goatmen!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

As expected, there's an NPC Chaos faction that spawns down in the Southlands, like Bjornling does (or at least did) in the Badlands in the first game. This one seems to be pretty sizable, though. Dogbert looked at 6 stacks of Chaos spawning far to the south, due south of The Black Tower of Arkhan.

Pokeylope
Nov 12, 2010

crime fighting hog posted:

When you open a front and start trying to take down a rival nation, it's best to send two armies, isn't it? A battle where I got reserves coming in off the board (didn't even know you could do that!) was insanely easy for a change.

Sending two armies certainly provides you with more tactical flexibility. You can even go into battle with three stacks at once, but if it works like the first game then units from your third army don't enter the field until some other units rout.

There's a lot of finesse involved in sending only the troops necessary for the task at hand though. Sometimes two armies is overkill and that second stack would be better utilized somewhere else. Reinforcing can be troublesome too. Correct me if I'm wrong thread but I don't think the direction reinforcements come from in battle is related to their position on the campaign map. This leads to some exciting but brutal split army/hopelessly surrounded situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Pokeylope posted:

Sending two armies certainly provides you with more tactical flexibility. You can even go into battle with three stacks at once, but if it works like the first game then units from your third army don't enter the field until some other units rout.

There's a lot of finesse involved in sending only the troops necessary for the task at hand though. Sometimes two armies is overkill and that second stack would be better utilized somewhere else. Reinforcing can be troublesome too. Correct me if I'm wrong thread but I don't think the direction reinforcements come from in battle is related to their position on the campaign map. This leads to some exciting but brutal split army/hopelessly surrounded situations.

I think it's theoretically maybe linked to where they are on the campaign map, but that doesn't stop settlement reinforcements coming in from the opposite side of the army that's leading the attack. I could have sworn they released a patch to fix this in 1, so whether or not they did or that just didn't really stick I don't know.

But yeah, ideally you can use multiple stacks to push in separate directions and expedite the conquering process, armies are expensive and you want to do as much with them per turn as you can. If the enemy's strong you might need to keep stacks together in case you get jumped or to crack well fortified cities, and some places your stacks will be naturally closer than others and it makes it easier. Also the UI for 40 units at once is dogshit garbage if you're not playing on a high enough resolution, I could swear I've seen a screenshot from a different TW game where there's separate tabs for units 21+ but maybe I imagined it.

Mundi's VH start is actually really fun, wow. I swear that other stack wasn't there on Hard. I'll possibly be sick of the campaign in another ten turns but for now it's good. If they added additional stacks then maybe Teclis's start won't be 5 turns of empty marching for 3 fights (seriously why is Teclis the only lord that can't get into a fight on turn one)