Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New Thread! :toot:

quote:

Net-juu no Susume
Signal.MD | ... | Fudeyasu, Kazuyuki | Game, Comedy | Web Manga | Oct 10, 2017
Moriko Morioka is a 30-year-old single NEET woman. After dropping out from reality, she has taken off in search for a fulfilling life and ended up in a net game or "netoge." In the netoge world, she began her new life as a refreshing and handsome character named Hayashi. While starting out as a beginner, a pretty character named Lily reached out to help her. Meanwhile, in the real world, awaits a shocking encounter with a good-looking elite company employee, a mysterious blue-eyed blonde.
PV
Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

follow your heart and you will see

:thunk:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i would drop side m before black clover tbh

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

an actual dog posted:

I know exactly what I'm getting into with Black Clover. I want this.

(I'll probably end up dropping it anyway lol)

I appreciate the work you do in the Black Clover anime thread.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Okay, fine, the MMO show is good and very cute.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

dogsicle posted:

i would drop side m before black clover tbh

I like the pretty boys in side m and I haven't watched iM@S before so I'm kinda just discovering what that series is like. It's super boring but I like it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Tho is it really watching an anime if you're on your phone for the whole episode? Philosophers are still debating.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I appreciate the work you do in the Black Clover anime thread.

I LOVE TO SHITPOST ABOUT AANNNIMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

an actual dog posted:

I like the pretty boys in side m and I haven't watched iM@S before so I'm kinda just discovering what that series is like. It's super boring but I like it.

Is this the new boring meme

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Tamba posted:

He's 28
That's "ish".

E: Oh, a thread.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

Is this the new boring meme

What's a meme

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

an actual dog posted:

watch cinderella girls instead op

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

good av

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Aurora posted:

watch cinderella girls instead op

Watch Puchim@s instead op

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paracelsus posted:

Watch Puchim@s instead op

Watch Xenoglossia instead op

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Do any of those have cute boys

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Here's some lukewarm takes.

Watching
Love Live Sunshine S2: Still good. Hanamaru best girl.
Food Wars S3: Still... okay? It keeps doing the same thing but adding more ridiculous characters, it's starting to get old.
Love Is Like A Cocktail: Only watched one episode, pretty cute though. Will probably binge it once it's done. Alcoholism ftw.
Konohana Kitan: Consistently cute, increasingly gay. I like the design and variety of the townspeople and visitors.
Urahara: Extremely my poo poo. The slightly strange pacing and dialogue only make it better, somehow.
Juuni Taisen: Really enjoyable, genuinely curious to see how it will unfold.
TWOCAR: Seriously you guys, this show is actually pretty good.
Blend-S: I am enjoying the bland 4-koma workplace comedy.
Anime-gataris: What's up with that loving cat.

To Watch
MMO Junkie: Didn't catch my eye at first, but you people won't shut up about it.
Ancient Magus' Bride: Watched the first OVA, liked what I saw.

Dropped
King's Game: Extremely dumb and ugly.

Lots of good shows this season. I might drop Food Wars, and I'm still undecided on Anime-gataris, but everything else in the "watching" list is a solid pass.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

cinderella girls has this guy

but i'm pretty sure that's it

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So so far I've just been watching Garo and finishing up Made in Abyss, with many this season planned:

Planning to Watch:

Ancient Magus Bride
Kekkai Sensen S2
Kino's Journey
More Fate/Apocrypha
Anything else I should add?

Also, I've been hearing that the UQ Holder anime just skipped a lot of chapters. Should I still watch it?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I would say no, but you might enjoy seeing your favorite scenes animated?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Julias posted:

I would say no, but you might enjoy seeing your favorite scenes animated?
Thing is I haven't read the manga either; I just know it's good because it's Negima 2.0

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Thing is I haven't read the manga either; I just know it's good because it's Negima 2.0

It's actually the opposite; instead of a harem manga that becomes more of a battle manga, it starts as a battle manga but gets swamped in harem crap.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Judging from the OP and what's happened so far the anime is cutting lots of stuff so that it can assemble the full harem quicker. Which is a shame because I liked the early setting stuff.

Also they have to censor every fight because the main character frequently takes advantage of his immortality and gets messily dismembered.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sindai posted:

Judging from the OP and what's happened so far the anime is cutting lots of stuff so that it can assemble the full harem quicker. Which is a shame because I liked the early setting stuff.

Also they have to censor every fight because the main character frequently takes advantage of his immortality and gets messily dismembered.
(It probably wont be censored in the BDs if that's any consolation)

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Fangz posted:

MMO Junkie 3 was great. The show is great.

:yeah:

:yeah:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I've watching various things and have yet to watch others!

Idol animes:

LL Sunshine s2 is good. I love live.
SideM is pretty good, but very closely following the im@s formula so far. I really enjoyed the Jupiter ep 0, so I've good hopes yet.
WUG s2 had a weak start. The performance of their signature song was somehow less impressive than the cg version of it from a game, and I'm not sold on the new character designs. This season has a lot to prove coming off the mediocre movies. Not optimistic.
Cingeki s2's first ep was great, tying in multiple 4komas into a cohesive whole, but e2 was back to disjointed and lacking jokes like s1.

Non-idol animes:

NEET lady mmo show is really good + cute. I love our dorky lead and our dorky love interest and can't wait to see what happens to them.
Girls' Last Tour is squishy and cute and has great atmosphere. Totally on board.
Blend S is fun enough so far. Working, but a bit more moe. Promising.
Urahara had a decent enough first ep. Seems pretty standard magical girl, except for the really neat aesthetic. Gonna watch more.
Juni Taisen also had a pretty good first ep. Over-the-top with an out-of-nowhere twist at the end. It's less my kind of show, but I'll probably watch more.

Need to watch:
Food Wars - I probably wouldn't be watching this anymore if I were watching it on my own, but the irl friend I watch a few shows a week with loves it.
Kino - I love Kino, and hope I'll love this season too.
Konohana Kitan - :shrug: dunno what it's about but folks have recommended it and it looks cute, so it'll get at least an ep.
Himouto - s1 was fun, s2 probably will be too
BBB - s1 was great until the last ep, s2 hopefully will be too. err, except for that last ep bit
Magus's Bride - manga's good, the one ep of the OVA I've watched was good, the show will probably be good.

Need to watch after I catch up on previous seasons/movies:
Yuyuyu
Osomatsu
Sangatsu

gently caress that's a lot of anime

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Is the whale show good? It looks like it might be

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Gonna hardcore suggest anyone who is unsure to give Inuyashiki a shot for at least 2 episodes to see how you feel

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kashuno posted:

Gonna hardcore suggest anyone who is unsure to give Inuyashiki a shot for at least 2 episodes to see how you feel

There are only two episodes

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I liked the first episode of Whale Kids quite a bit, haven't gotten around to e2 yet though

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I like it so far. It's moving at a much faster pace than I expected at first.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I will watch the first episode, after fixing myself a drink

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sindai posted:

i think uq holder could use a whole bunch of censorship, what with all the naked children later on.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

it's been okay so far, i think 3 and 4 will be the real test as to its quality, since they're potentially kicking the story into a more generic path.

Kashuno posted:

i would rephrase this as "episode 2 of inuyashiki is good, you may like it even if you didn't enjoy the first." since that is what happened to me.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

looks like Garo still has another week before it wraps up introducing the full cast, but eps 2 and 3 were much stronger than the first and seem to have almost entirely done away with the shakycam and significantly lessened the cg. definitely worth a shot if you're into hyperviolent OVAs from the 80's.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I watched a few episodes of Iron Blood Orphans - a show about child soldiers that prominently features polygamy - and yet the second episode of Inuyashiki was the edgiest thing I saw today. It might actually be too edgy for me and I generally like edgier stuff.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

I watched a few episodes of Iron Blood Orphans - a show about child soldiers that prominently features polygamy - and yet the second episode of Inuyashiki was the edgiest thing I saw today. It might actually be too edgy for me and I generally like edgier stuff.

big lol if you think polygamy is edgy

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm a firm believer in polyanime.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm very surprised that the show with an emotionless serial killing teen was more edgy than polygamy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
First ep of Children of the Whales was good. Appealing chara designs and interesting world. Heck, I'll watch the second right now.

• Locked thread