Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
We need data instead of hypothesis and paranoia. While there are extradimensional creatures we should avoid becoming overly superstitious of their ability and influence.

Let's see how the gate out of our home star goes. If that is safe or safe enough then we should build return gates where convenient. Terra certainly will if they see an advantage in it so our own paranoia is only going to hamper us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Affi posted:

So why are we releasing jump sickness now when last vote we admitted it'd lead to war and to hold off on it for as long as possible?

Are we ready for war with earth now?

At the time we were unsure if the UT leadership was aware of jump madness. They obviously are now and they are still going ahead. They don't care (possibly because Putina is mind wormed) and we need to make them care. This is how we do it.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Saros posted:

:siren:I need further instructions on several matters.

• How to proceed with the use of the Waka Ama to transport civ ships to Ranginui or elsewhere.
  • Whether to interfere with the Terran convoy forming up, e.g. by making announcements about jump sickness.
  • What systems to focus on for geo/grav survey with the survey ships once they build or complete surveying Sol/Ranginui.
  • A new name for the system? Galileo is a temporary placeholder.

1. Ranginui is our system. Have it take our infrastructure and ships there if we can

2. I like Zaodai's idea about releasing info on jump sickness:

Zaodai posted:

We should release the jump sickness info, but through the Martial Council of Health or something, like the CDC would release an alert about staying away from mosquitos or something. Fact laden, but not particularly terrorizing on the surface. Then let the people realize what that means for themselves. We're just putting the info out there for the betterment of everyone, it's not our fault if they happen to reroute their colonization convoys because of it. That's a Terran matter!

We would, however, be happy to take those boatloads of refugees who now have nowhere to go.

3. Galileo. There's gold in them there failed stars! Not to mention plenty of room to hide alien artifacts!

4. This system is beautiful, like a giant mountain or something. Since Olympus was the home of the gods, that's my first choice of name for this system: Olympus. Alternatively, we can name it after some other giant mountain, like Everest, but Olympus is better if we get to name it, since we already have a Mount Olympus on Mars (yes, there's one on Earth too, but shush)

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

HiKaizer posted:

We need data instead of hypothesis and paranoia.

You may be in the wrong thread.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

23 Oct 2052

The first jump capable convoy sets course for Swift Tuttle while the politicians debate over whether to allow its to transit.

Commanding officer is Redtonic.

Earth's own convoy gets underway a day earlier after spending over a week hanging in Luna orbit.

28 Oct 2052

The next batch of Advanced jump surveyors completes.

The Ranginui grav point survey is almost complete so they are tasked to assist with finishing the Sol survey.

The ships move out at 3000kps initially and boost up to 4800kps once they clear the inner system.

2 Nov 2052

Mars Terraforming efforts come up for review, temperature is steadily increasing and Oxygen is being added to the atmosphere.

Finally two squaron sized units of the new fleet are completed and ready for a shakedown cruise.

1st Cruiser Squadon (Jump)

Made up of surviving veterans of the war who lost their ships the 1st Cruiser squadron is an elite unit with great expectations. It also has the first jump compatible carrier attached commanded by Lt-Gen Z the IVth.

1st Destroyer Squadron (Jump)

Eighteen days remain until the first outgoing jump point is stabilised.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Things are looking good!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:tif:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Yay I'm back in command.

Looking forward to the incoming jump psychosis and getting noodled by Azathoth.

Fthagn!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
C'mon folks, give glasnost a go - if it fails, we disclose anyway, so there's only potential benefits.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Are those hostile contacts, is someone attacking us?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

IC is still marked as hostile, those are just meandering civ freighters.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Oooh things are getting exciting...

My votes:
1. Head To Ranginui with the civvies, one jump shouldn't hurt.
2. Let it be, but keep tabs on them.
3. Survey 'Galileo' next
4. Reliqua

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Double posted on phone

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 20, 2017

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Fray posted:

This as elaborated by Scavy:

For surveying: Let's see how much sorium is in those Galileo gas giants, and start looking at the systems past Rangi.

Colonization: Let's only deploy the construction battalions until the gate is up for us to test. Shouldn't be more than a couple weeks' difference anyway.

We better hope that gate does help, or else we're in a real pickle with colonization. Or hopefully Facility making a jump with yield some useful insights too.

I'm in support of Frays suggestion.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Huh, I now exist in two discrete locations. One under pseudonym and the other as my god-given memetic name. Butt meat cloning tech is real.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Huh, I now exist in two discrete locations. One under pseudonym and the other as my god-given memetic name. Butt meat cloning tech is real.

clone my butt for science please

Another Otter
May 14, 2012

Saros posted:

Made up of surviving veterans of the war who lost their ships the 1st Cruiser squadron is an elite unit with great expectations. It also has the first jump compatible carrier attached commanded by Lt-Gen Z the IVth.

An odd quirk of my named ship exploding and not personally being on it, I'm certainly not complaining. :)

1. Infrastructure and ships to Raguni
2. Release info on jump sickness, just not that it can cause you to nuke your own homeworld.
3. Focus on Galileo
4. Rename Galileo "Traf" for new opportunities and because it's a coin-flip there won't be anything here to freak out High Command

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Fray posted:

For surveying: Let's see how much sorium is in those Galileo gas giants, and start looking at the systems past Rangi.

Colonization: Let's only deploy the construction battalions until the gate is up for us to test. Shouldn't be more than a couple weeks' difference anyway.

We better hope that gate does help, or else we're in a real pickle with colonization. Or hopefully Facility making a jump with yield some useful insights too.

I support this.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Sweeeeeeet, I'm commanding one of our (new) DDGs! Can I change the name?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Fray posted:

Same.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
I'm guessing "Hold still there's a bug on your nose" is too long a name for my shiny new doom laser ride? I'll settle for Sucker Punch.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Saros posted:

Small request Saros, could I be on the Right Obturator Foramen now please?

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

As one of the Cruiser Division Commanders I would like to go ahead and apologize for leading everyone to their deaths

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Sounds like it's time for jump #8 for Veloxyll Jr.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Maybe you'll get lucky and pop out the other side knowing the meaning of all the lyrics to Come Together.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Nevets posted:

Maybe you'll get lucky and pop out the other side knowing the meaning of all the lyrics to Come Together.

I think that's the opposite of lucky.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Tythas posted:

As one of the Cruiser Division Commanders I would like to go ahead and apologize for leading everyone to their deaths

No need to apologize, we are all fanatics here.

Only apologize if you weren't the Martian that started intersolar nuclear war with UT

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

HiHo ChiRho posted:

clone my butt for science please

I'll put in some good words for your butt?

edit: reading butt fortunes aside, I guess I forgot to vote.

1. Use civvies to build up Ranganui.

2. Don't interfere.

3. Survey Galileo.

4. Vasuki,
the Naga king who churned the ocean of milk to make the ambrosia of immortality. We are in the Milky Way after all.

POOL IS CLOSED fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 21, 2017

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Build up Ranganui

Quiet release of jump sickness to public martian news

Survey Galileo

Name it Marrok

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Nevets posted:

Truly, there are horrors in deep space worse then death.

The real trick will be not getting relieved before making another 4+ jumps. Given that policy requires crews to rotate out of Jump Street after 4, that means I need a fresh crew for my next expedition.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Steal one of the cloned butts, duck tape it to your face, and if anybody asks you any questions hold up a sign that says: "Can't talk. Lisp."

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Don't care about other things, but Release jump sickness news

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Leif. posted:

Sweeeeeeet, I'm commanding one of our (new) DDGs! Can I change the name?

^ Would prefer to name it the Hwasong-Scinfaxi*.

*Trivia: "Hwasong" is the prefix for North Korea's ballistic missile family. Translated, it means "Mars". The Scinfaxi was the ballistic missile submarine from Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, which aside from being one of my all-time favorite games, has all kinds of parallels to this LP.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Release news voters, how many of you would be ok with the Glasnost plan, and how many of you want to go pure agitprop? Unless you're main goal is UT fuckery, maximizing our chances to figure out just what is going on seems a good thing to do.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 21, 2017

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Sweet, I got a Glorious-class. Gonna go read up on the operator manual for it now.

By the way, I mentioned it in the intial post, but may I have the ship renamed to "Disaresta", if it hasn't been yet?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

sniper4625 posted:

Release news voters, how many of you would be ok with the Glasnost plan, and how many of you want to go pure agitprop? Unless you're main goal is UT fuckery, maximizing our chances to figure out just what is going on seems a good thing to do.

gently caress Putina. Go full agitprop.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Saros posted:

• How to proceed with the use of the Waka Ama to transport civ ships to Ranginui or elsewhere.
  • Whether to interfere with the Terran convoy forming up, e.g. by making announcements about jump sickness.
  • What systems to focus on for geo/grav survey with the survey ships once they build or complete surveying Sol/Ranginui.
  • A new name for the system? Galileo is a temporary placeholder.

Send the ships to Ranginui
Make announcements regarding the jump sickness after our ships have jumped
Complete Galileo survey
Wolf 359

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The Glasnost proposal still includes going public with it, but we just give Earth 12 hours of warning or whatever, right? If the idea is to keep jump sickness secret if they agree to work with is, lol gently caress that. We are going to have to go public at some point, and the earlier we do the less pissed off people will be, so there's no reason not to do it ASAP.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Let's try for a join research program by all means. But under no circumstances are we going to prop up the Terran's efforts to keep this under wraps. Either the Terrans agree to announcing a joint funded research effort or we go public anyway and lay it on thick about how the evil Putina refused to cooperate and continues to risk the sanity of her citizens and the very future of Sol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Pharnakes posted:

Let's try for a join research program by all means. But under no circumstances are we going to prop up the Terran's efforts to keep this under wraps. Either the Terrans agree to announcing a joint funded research effort or we go public anyway and lay it on thick about how the evil Putina refused to cooperate and continues to risk the sanity of her citizens and the very future of Sol.

Pretty much. We give her a chance to do the right thing, but if not we capitalize for all it's worth.