Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

2house2fly posted:

Extra, Extra, Gone Home Player Thinks You Can Get All The Experience You Need To Judge A Game By Watching Someone Else Play It For A While

on the other hand, mgsv is a poor game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

what is firewatch, i was under the impression it was a "walk from A to B while listening to audio logs" game

You're a broken shell of a man who sticks himself in the middle of nowhere while your wife is dying of terminal cancer.

Eventually there's a fire.

You leave.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

2house2fly posted:

Extra, Extra, Gone Home Player Thinks You Can Get All The Experience You Need To Judge A Game By Watching Someone Else Play It For A While

lmao

hackbunny posted:

on the other hand, mgsv is a poor game

no

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

exploded mummy posted:

You're a broken shell of a man who sticks himself in the middle of nowhere while your wife is dying of terminal cancer.

You leave.

i already feel enlightened

faart

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

lol kojima contemptuously sold you his grocery list and you go to bat for him

it's only notable as the biggest "gently caress you" from a director to his publisher in videogame history

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
all metal gear games are bad

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

a stubbed toe is bad
pancreatic cancer is also bad

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
metal gear is more like aids, slow, painful, tiresome

also final fantasy

also all jrpgs

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Space Quest is the best adventure game series

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Olaf The Stout posted:

Gone home does not present it's lesbian romance as titillating. Gone home was written by the same women who wrote the bioshock 2 DLC, MInerva's den. She is a lesbian who grew up in seattle during the 90s, and decided to write a small game reflective of her own experiences. Gone homes main story is a simple, sweet love story told without any exploitive elements.

It you cannot relate to finding and being in love, than a large portion of the game is not going to make any impact on you.

...You mean the man, Steve Gaynor.

Who's married to a woman.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Gone Home was an overly saccharine, frankly lovely love story and the only reason it wasn't just another lovely indie game nobody has ever heard of, was misleading marketing. Thaaat's it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

exploded mummy posted:

You leave.

Also there’s a woman who may or may not be responsible for the drawn out death of a child and another man driven crazy by grief who just decides to gently caress with you but not actually hurt you.

The game does a really good job reacting to the way you respond though.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Good soup! posted:

Space Quest is the best adventure game series

Gabriel Knight, you fucker, you rear end in a top hat, you goddamn piece of poo poo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Telltale’s Borderlands game was the best entry in the franchise.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Gabriel Knight, you fucker, you rear end in a top hat, you goddamn piece of poo poo

LOL how's it feel to be wrong huh you shitter??? Did your game series have Gary Owens dropping brutal owns on the main character and your intelligence left and right?????

Fight me after school bitch

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

fruit on the bottom posted:

Telltale’s Borderlands game was the best entry in the franchise.

its not that hard when the lead writer of the series count of cuckolds and master of memes, last of his name, Anthony Burch isn't writing it outside some "directorial position" making sure it stays in "borderlands canon"

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
all the Uncharted games suck. all of them

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
Braid was a decent puzzle game with a really stupid story. Indie devs should stay away from trying to make their games "artistic." I have never played any indie game that was thought provoking in any way. People seem to eat these types of games up though, and I legitimately don't get it. Maybe I'm just a moron or something, haha.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Rainbow six: Rogue Spear is the best first person anything ever.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Homestar Runner posted:

all the Uncharted games suck. all of them

i liked 2 and lost legacy. 3 had some fun moments for being being last crusade and 4 could have been great if it wasnt padded to hell and back and made into teen rated last of us. 1 just sucks. they are fun action and aventure games with fun characters.

Llyr
Mar 24, 2010

Music is the best
Capcom will cease to exist within the next 5 years.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Llyr posted:

Capcom will cease to exist within the next 5 years.
Between this and Konami, I wouldn't even care if they sold their IPs to someone who could care for them. Eh, wish in one hand and poo poo in the other...

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Between this and Konami, I wouldn't even care if they sold their IPs to someone who could care for them. Eh, wish in one hand and poo poo in the other...

All of the IP's you could ever have hope for? They will go to shitlords like EA and Activision.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Video games is the only medium a poo poo-tier writer like Steve Gaynor could get a job in.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The Dennis System posted:

Video games is the only medium a poo poo-tier writer like Steve Gaynor could get a job in.

He could still do video game journalism or have a podcast.

(If he does either do not tell me I am not interested)

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Screaming Idiot posted:

(If he does either do not tell me I am not interested)

He's on a video game podcast called "Idle Thumbs."

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The Dennis System posted:

He's on a video game podcast called "Idle Thumbs."

U motherfuckre

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Ok here's a hot u popular opinion:

I have no clue why people hate Borderlands 2, especially the writing.
They say forced jokes memes and bad characters but then I cannot help but think that's the first game they're talking about

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Honestly I can't understand who would buy Borderlands 2 if they played Borderlands in the first place. Like, why would you want more of that?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i liked 2 and lost legacy. 3 had some fun moments for being being last crusade and 4 could have been great if it wasnt padded to hell and back and made into teen rated last of us. 1 just sucks. they are fun action and aventure games with fun characters.

The plane part in 3 kicked rear end and was the best part of the entire series. I don’t know, the gameplay was pretty straightforward but 2 and 3 were pretty awesome in terms of gaming experience. I don’t get the hate for Uncharted.

But yeah 4 was disappointing for sure

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Overcooked is loving boring

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2 are way better RPGs than anything Bethesda has made.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Bholder posted:

Ok here's a hot u popular opinion:

I have no clue why people hate Borderlands 2, especially the writing.
They say forced jokes memes and bad characters but then I cannot help but think that's the first game they're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICPR6E4AtfQ

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Valve software has no integrity left and needs to publicly own being the digital merchants they have become.

The lack of good Dungeon Keeper/Evil Genius games is a crime against all that is good in the universe.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2 are way better RPGs than anything Bethesda has made.

so is Baldur's Gate II

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's wrong to compare action RPGs to turn-based RPGs imo. The central experience is so different. One basically tests your dexterity and the other your brain.

That said, turn-based RPGs are infinitely better you braindead scumrats.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Really I was just comparing the writing and story telling but yeah that too.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Overcooked is loving boring

Yeah it's just another epic entry in the "scream at your friends" genre. I loving hate that game

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

Too much talkin imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Borderlands looked like poo poo, graphically and gameplay-wise. Just awful

Bioshock wasn't that good, it had a cool concept about an underwater city. Gameplay was turd and you fought the same like 3 enemies for the whole game. Turd.

Bioshock 3 wasn't very good either. Weird and lovely story with mediocre gameplay. I did like the disney princess you got as a companion but the rest was TURD