Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Ponsonby Britt posted:

"Sure, I would love to be king down here! I'm persona non grata on the surface right now. Say, while we're talking, what kind of sexual assault laws does the underworld have?"

:fry:

I'm going to retroactively claim that as intentional via standard comics timeline fuckery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kurui Reiten posted:

:fry:

I'm going to retroactively claim that as intentional via standard comics timeline fuckery.

Its all about the ethics in web slinging

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm convinced the writer is here in the thread. Sure, NSM is always drawn out conversations, but this is just flat out bear-bating us with every strip starting with Melvin being all "Welp, I guess I'll be going now" only for Spidey to say "I think the moloids don't want you to..."

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

What I want to know is where the Spidoids are and what they have been getting up to without Spidey's supervision.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

graham cracker posted:

What I want to know is where the Spidoids are and what they have been getting up to without Spidey's supervision.

They all died due to them expecting someone else to do all the work for them

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

They all died due to extreme blunt force trauma and sick burns by young children.

Fixed.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This is what it sounds like when moles cry.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

graham cracker posted:

Going through a golden age without the millstone of their 'leader', probably.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Couldn't get a photo because I was driving, but I saw a car outside Greymouth, New Zealand, today with a plate that made me think of this thread: MOLMAN.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Payndz posted:

Couldn't get a photo because I was driving, but I saw a car outside Greymouth, New Zealand, today with a plate that made me think of this thread: MOLMAN.

Sadly that guy's probably not the ruler of an underground realm but just an ordinary dermatologist.

But maybe under his breath when he's giving people needles he says stuff like

"And now at long last I return to Subcutanea!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh god that last panel

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

They're all crying because they know where that tentacle is going.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Why is there a gigantic green turd coming out of the wall? Did I miss a couple of strips with the Hulk or something?

(on the plus side, it looks like Hulk gets enough fiber)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"HULK NEED TO STOP GOING TO HOT-WING WEDNESDAYS..."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Riding the big green poo is a trial all monarchs must go through when they're giving up their thrown. Maybe read a history book before making fun of it?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Synthbuttrange posted:

oh god that last panel

this is horrifying!!!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Goddamn, I feel like the writer is just toying with us. "Oh, maybe I'll have Moleman marry May. BUT MAYBE I WON'T. :trollface: But maybe I will. BUT MAYBE I WON'T..."

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Like, if it turns out they can do their own thing without him directly lording over the moleoids based on simple orders, can't he just occasionally take a quick trip to subterranea to check on everything before returning to his wife? Sure he can't LIVE underground, but still

that also ignores numerous other options, such as Mole Man going and looking for a suitable replacement for the throne of Subterranea, or just someone he can pay with his vast sums of treasure to manage it while he's away (which could lead to more stories where it turns out that person is, of course, scheming for something for himself)

hell, I'm pretty sure the FF would be happy to help out with this if he called them

there are so many ways they COULD make this work without even bringing up the whole fact that they literally have a fountain of youth right in the lair and they're just going to ignore all of them

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

davidspackage posted:

Goddamn, I feel like the writer is just toying with us. "Oh, maybe I'll have Moleman marry May. BUT MAYBE I WON'T. :trollface: But maybe I will. BUT MAYBE I WON'T..."
He won't and I'll like it

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Why put the Moleoids in their own panel? It's not like it's vital to the story that they keep a distance from Moleman, and it's not like geometry matters because you teleport people to midway through a tunnel, riding a big blue worm, between panels.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mr. Squishy posted:

teleport people to midway through a tunnel, riding a big blue worm, between panels.

Obvious hints at Nightcrawler being the next guest star.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

davidspackage posted:

Either option is awesome, because it's either "oh, the mole people are so sad!" "eh, gently caress 'em" or "I've decided to abandon May and rule the moloids, even though I just spent a week saying they're all dumb and worthless".

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Moloids 101:

Lesson 1) Moloids left alone will inevitably attack the surface world.

Lesson 2) Moloids ruled by a leader will inevitably attack the surface world.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
The tears of a moleman.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Push El Burrito posted:

This is what it sounds like when moles cry.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
christ, what an rear end in a top hat

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
What the poo poo, Parker?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I really enjoy Newspaper Mole-Man, but his sidekick is starting to get really annoying. Who do I send letters so that The Richards shows up and beats spidey with a crowbar?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

frodnonnag posted:

The tears of a moleman.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If this marriage doesn't happen, everybody in Newspaper Spidey-verse better take out a subscription to the Daily Bugle and send JJJ letters of apology for not believing him when he said Spider-Man is a menace :mad:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Even Italian Spiderman wasn't this mean.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mole-Man wants the moloids to learn to govern themselves, Spidey wants him to reign over them. I don't think it's Mole-Man who considers them to be less than human.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Reed Richards bursts through the wall and announces he's taking the Moloids under his care in the Future Foundation, adjusts Moleman's bowtie and tells him to marry that pretty lady... then glares over Uncle Moley's shoulder at Spider-Man and mouths,"Get your poo poo together" at him.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jerusalem posted:

Reed Richards bursts through the wall and announces he's taking the Moloids under his care in the Future Foundation, adjusts Moleman's bowtie and tells him to marry that pretty lady... then glares over Uncle Moley's shoulder at Spider-Man and mouths,"Get your poo poo together" at him.

When you say Reed mouths those words, I assume you mean he stretches and twists his lips to form the actual written words.

In cursive.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Lobok posted:

When you say Reed mouths those words, I assume you mean he stretches and twists his lips to form the actual written words.

In cursive.

I was picturing him moving his mouth over to spidey's ear without moving anything else

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

oh god that last panel

Dear god. Run, Aunt May! Run! This strip just went hentai!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I have no idea what the hell it is they're riding or how many appendages its supposed to have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Amazing conversation.

• Locked thread