Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Tendai posted:

I was thinking of getting a wax pen, but now I'm not sure. I do know that I would like to move away from vaping dry herb. It seems more space efficient at least.

Not all wax pens are the same, that's for sure. They're mobile, but for the same price of a good oil pen, you can put together an oil rig with a quartz domeless nail and a creme brulee torch. Oil is efficient across the board. Humans love refined products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

subhuman filth posted:

Are the cards actually easy to get? The clinics I looked at all needed outside documentation of terminal illness or medical documentation that I've had bad nausea or pain refractory to other treatment. Love to hear if this isn't really the case

It's about finding the guy who knows the right doc. Some of my friends played 100 questions with the doctor, others said it was just a formality really. The Metro Times usually has some names in there, and the good local headshops sometimes have recommendations.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Caufman posted:

Not all wax pens are the same, that's for sure. They're mobile, but for the same price of a good oil pen, you can put together an oil rig with a quartz domeless nail and a creme brulee torch. Oil is efficient across the board. Humans love refined products.

The thing I like about the herb Vape that I got is that I didn't have to think about putting it together I just ordered a good product. What is a good product to order for oil Vapes. Also, why is my tablet trying to capitalize Vapes all the time? gently caress it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Justify the strain name Lambs Breath.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have yet to meet an animal that has noticeably good breath. Lamb is included.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Tendai posted:

The thing I like about the herb Vape that I got is that I didn't have to think about putting it together I just ordered a good product. What is a good product to order for oil Vapes. Also, why is my tablet trying to capitalize Vapes all the time? gently caress it.

Quick credentials: I managed a headshop in Portland, OR for three years. The two best oil pens I routinely kept in stock were from STAG Vapor and Kung Fu Vapes. Both are available for purchase online.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

...and the pitch! posted:

It's Lamb's Bread

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

for SE Michigan dispensaries I recommend https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/the-jazz-club

e: as for getting a doctor to sign for you in Michigan, I probably am not much help. I get my card due to dealing with epilepsy, and any weed doc will sign if you have medical proof of it. My guess is the most popular qualifying condition used for the purpose of getting legal weed here is chronic pain

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 21, 2017

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Tendai posted:

Quick rundown of the worthwhile brands:

Yocan: the standard issue beginner's pen, the Evolve and Evolve Plus are inexpensive ($20-30) and extremely functional
Linx: all about the low temperatures, efficiency and flavor. The Hypnos Zero is a discreet pen, the Ares is an electric nectar collector, both do the dang thing
Source: luxury pens, luxury prices. The Source 4 and XL series have some exceptional items but they can be an investment
Humbolt Vape Tech: the PC gaming of portable oil, they sell the Saionara and the Divine Tribe which are top notch if you're inclined to fiddle with the firmware on your weed pipe (which it doesn't sound like you are)
Xvape: I've heard good things about the Cricket and v-One, but haven't used the brand outside of the dry herb Xmax (which I love)

Sketchy rebranders include:

Atmos: they're one of the biggest rebranders in the business, some of their products are decent and some are terrible, it all depends on just what they're rebranding
CloudV/ Cloud Penz: a brand that became two brands after an internal falling out, both basically just sell decorated rebrands and most of them are alright but marked way the hell up
Headshop / local brands: usually a bunch of the same batteries and skillet atomizers being bought by different local distributors. In one store it'll have a laughing skull printed on the battery and in other it'll have a farting koala bear or a sweet ninja or something, it's all the same crap but with slight aesthetic changes and maybe a modified voltage or cutoff timer at most

Brands to definitely avoid would be:

#thisthingrips: known users of dangerous materials, ridiculously overpriced and tacky as hell
Kandypens: their reputation is on the skids right now since it was found they were using unsafe glues in some of their atomizers
Grenco: overpriced, underdesigned, occasionally dangerous and all around dreadful

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 21, 2017

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i like gpens. they are $20 at my local cornershop and they are small. thats all i've ever needed oil-wise.

I dont think i'd ever get a "luxury pen" but I do hope someday to say Mont Blanc making ridiculous heavy $700 oil pens for rich people (I still won't buy them)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The Micro G / CloudV / "oval" style vaporizer is probably my favorite ever pen design, but I have gone through a few Grenco pens and both the batteries and the (bad tasting and shady quality) coils give up the ghost far sooner than anything else I've used. My biggest problems with them, aside from usage life, is that they don't handle even moderate dabs very well and tend to get extremely splatter-happy on the inside of the mouthpiece. I also found them disassembling themselves in my pocket more often than I'd like, which isn't great when it's your pocket buddy at your day job :v:

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 21, 2017

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I like vapes but not looking like I vape if you know what I mean.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I just got stoned on girl scout cookies, took a nice long hot shower, felt amazing. After drying myself off I thought why the hell do I need to wear clothes in my own house and decided to just walk around nude instead. It felt more natural, less restrictive and I felt newfound freedom. Looking at my sexy naked self in the mirror, I didn’t view myself as a reflection of my physical appearance but rather as just one of the billions of hairless upright hominids walking around, living and breathing on this planet

I then, in the nude, ate some Ben & Jerry’s Peanut Buttah Cookie Core while listening to some chillaxing tunes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_iTtQJ3yGA

this is a nice strain. I rank it up there

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
I've been smoking for a decade and have become completely dependent on it. How do I fix my brain and stop for a year?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I decided to do a week-long tolerance break, as I'm almost out of weed and should run out by Sunday. Thank you for the Vape recs oh, you going to look at all of those and buy the best one sometime this week so next week when I go to the weed store I can just get oils.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

...and the pitch! posted:

It's the strain that's native to Jamaica, so you might have to find a Jamaican and ask them. My father-in-law has been to Jamaica a lot (this was his way of getting his smoke on when it was illegal), and he says that some people call it Lamb's Bread and some call it Lamb's Breath. No consensus on which one is the "real" name.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I heard/read that weed in Jamaica is pretty garbage overall, which is why you see a lot of genuine rasta dudes smoking joints the size of carrots

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mnemosyne posted:

It's the strain that's native to Jamaica, so you might have to find a Jamaican and ask them. My father-in-law has been to Jamaica a lot (this was his way of getting his smoke on when it was illegal), and he says that some people call it Lamb's Bread and some call it Lamb's Breath. No consensus on which one is the "real" name.

The stuff I bought at the shop is pretty leafy and good for joints. Either way it means grass I reckon.

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005

A For Effort posted:

I've been smoking for a decade and have become completely dependent on it. How do I fix my brain and stop for a year?

A Canadian clinician found good results with about two weeks of medium-high doses of CBD to help teens with heavy usage get clean in group homes. The recommended dose was about 25 mg/day. More details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1TvU6Hqf2U

The mention of CBD for cannabis withdrawl starts at 23:15. Lots of other interesting stuff in there too.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Kelp Me! posted:

I heard/read that weed in Jamaica is pretty garbage overall, which is why you see a lot of genuine rasta dudes smoking joints the size of carrots

He said that in Jamaica you give a guy $20-$30, and he brings you a grocery bag full of weed. He did admit that it's a bag of basically untrimmed weed though, and it's mostly sticks / seeds / leaves. Other than that, he's not a great judge of quality.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Good soup! posted:

Welp time to snap my tolerance break

What's everybody smoking with/eating/vaping/etc tonight

My favorite food to eat while high is always barbecue, which is weird cause I don't particularly care for it while sober.

Anyone else have weird food inversions while high?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Mnemosyne posted:

He said that in Jamaica you give a guy $20-$30, and he brings you a grocery bag full of weed. He did admit that it's a bag of basically untrimmed weed though, and it's mostly sticks / seeds / leaves. Other than that, he's not a great judge of quality.
I can’t host a pic right now, but when I was there earlier in the year pretty much every third person on the beach would try to sell you what’s in the picture on this page (in that form and wrapped in an omnipresent black plastic grocery bag) for $40, or just the big stick for $15-20.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Got a new bag to go along with my SNES Classic today.

No idea what strain it is but it looks loving killer. Mostly just testing the camera on my new phone though. I wish my stupid state would get around to legalizing it already.

Gonna be a good night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN8ZnDghWAY

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 22, 2017

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

my first guess would be it’s blue dream but who knows how many strains look like this

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I know I’ve talked about it before but I gotta say pineapple and jalapeño are like the most amazing pizza topping combo ever. the oil and cheese absorb the capsaicin from the jalapeño and heats things up, but the sugar in pineapple neutralizes some of the heat, which in return alters the flavor of the pineapple. just add a good meat topping and you’re good to go

you can’t compare this flavor to something like a ham and pineapple pizza at all. the seasoning in the ham doesn’t affect the pineapple flavor at all compared to this so don’t knock it till you try it, preferably while stoned as hell

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

I know I’ve talked about it before but I gotta say pineapple and jalapeño are like the most amazing pizza topping combo ever. the oil and cheese absorb the capsaicin from the jalapeño and heats things up, but the sugar in pineapple neutralizes some of the heat, which in return alters the flavor of the pineapple. just add a good meat topping and you’re good to go

you can’t compare this flavor to something like a ham and pineapple pizza at all. the seasoning in the ham doesn’t affect the pineapple flavor at all compared to this so don’t knock it till you try it, preferably while stoned as hell

I went to a place that put cilantro and red pepper flakes on their ham and pineapple pizzas. I'm a cilantro lover, but I thought that combo would be terrible. I was wrong. Ham + pineapple + cilantro forever now.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Actually I'm the Ubermensch who doesn't let the herd dictate what I put on my food

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

is there some legal reason that recreational dispensaries in WA, OR etc do not sell hashish? or am I just going to the wrong places?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are oil and concentrates the same thing? gently caress I can't follow this poo poo.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Pineapple is the stoner topping of choice it gives you sweet and savory with some nice pig meat.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Earwicker posted:

is there some legal reason that recreational dispensaries in WA, OR etc do not sell hashish? or am I just going to the wrong places?

WA: Lots of places used to sell more hashes, but I think they just weren't super popular because they've been mostly phased out in favor of shatters, waxes, oils etc. Most shops have some pressed kief, moon rocks and the like, but usually not a huge variety when compared to the fullmelts on offer.

Tendai posted:

Are oil and concentrates the same thing? gently caress I can't follow this poo poo.

Oils are concentrates, but not all concentrates are oils.

Nicomo
Jan 22, 2015
mixing it with tobacco in a spliff is the besttttt. IMO it hits harder and faster. I also love smoking cigs while stoned, they feel amazing for some reason.

*awaits hordes of angry yanks telling me not to mix cancer with the great herb* :colbert:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoombatINC posted:

Oils are concentrates, but not all concentrates are oils.
gently caress's sake :catstare:

I remember when weed was just buying a ziploc bag from some guy in the parking lot of my senior prom.

It's so complicated now.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The umbrella "concentrates" covers stuff like kief and traditional hash, as well as fullmelts like oils, waxes, shatters, crumbles and the like. It's just the term for anything where the potency has been, well, concentrated.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress it, I'm just getting what people in this thread recommended. I'm tired of trying to figure out if these things are for oils, waxes only, or something the gently caress else. Just List It clearly in your advertising copy motherfuckers

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Yeah there's like eighty different terms for dab depending on consistency and manufacturing method, but once it's loaded into a vape it's all the same runny, sticky, dark brown goop so whatev :shrug:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah, my guy gets these little envelopes with wax paper with the concentrates inside, so I never really know if I'm gonna get wax, crumble, or whatever. Other than "some are slightly easier to manipulate onto a dabber" I don't really notice the difference anymore.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Feeling them good vibes tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

whats kind of weird is that even though hash is commonly sold in the Netherlands and even mushrooms are legal, other weed concentrates like oil and wax are considered "hard drugs" and are illegal and much harder to find. even if they are CBD, which seems really stupid but whatever

anyway Im back in the states and happy to have some actual green weed again