Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

So the MG15 n.A. Storm and MG15 n.A. Low Weight are just kind of... the best LMG's in the game? I've borked around with the DLC weapons, and none feel as reliable. I play support almost exclusively, and everything else kind of feels, just, bleh. Like the BAR is a rad assault rifle, but in terms of I WILL MAKE YOU ALL DUCK UNDER MY HELLFIRE, all else just comes up short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Fart City posted:

So the MG15 n.A. Storm and MG15 n.A. Low Weight are just kind of... the best LMG's in the game? I've borked around with the DLC weapons, and none feel as reliable. I play support almost exclusively, and everything else kind of feels, just, bleh. Like the BAR is a rad assault rifle, but in terms of I WILL MAKE YOU ALL DUCK UNDER MY HELLFIRE, all else just comes up short.

I feel like the MG15 is a fairly ok all around lmg. Isn't really lovely at anything but doesn't really excel at anything. All the other lmgs fill in the gaps. The Madsen Low weight is a personal favourite for running and gunning while also being a decent long range machine gun.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
This last patch owns. I can now finally play Operations any time I want, which in the past I could literally only do if I joined friends already in game. After 180 hours where I played each Op once or twice at most, I can now go hog wild on this mode. If I try and join a specific Op from the menu I get an empty server still, but server browser gets me, and the "join any Op" button actually works now too (that always put me in an empty server before). I am delighted.

The interface update just added all the unowned skins to the "inventory" tab, so you can browse through all the bling in the game and see what you might want to save your scraps for when they come back in rotation. That's another small but good thing too.

As much as I love/hate the assignments to unlock stuffs, I gotta grudgingly accept they have made me spend enough time with a bunch of guns I wouldn't normally use. It's been good to get a better overview of which guns really do and do not gel with me. And the ones I don't, well it's still nice to work towards the dog tag/service star anyway for things to do.

I just unlocked the 1900 slug, and two shots is not a lot to play with. As I always do I used it enough to unlock the codex entry before shelving it, which is a good design move actually because some guns I take an immediate dislike to but I want that codex so I persist. It sometimes changes my mind once I get used to it. Also have the Brusilov medal this week so another 10 and I can chase down kills with the other new guns. I am *not* digging the Parabellum, but I never like scopes on my LMGs so that may be personal taste. Not really into that slow chug chug chug smg for the assault either. The Mosin is loving lush though, so I'm definitely going to gently caress with that for a bit.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

lambskin posted:

I feel like the MG15 is a fairly ok all around lmg. Isn't really lovely at anything but doesn't really excel at anything. All the other lmgs fill in the gaps. The Madsen Low weight is a personal favourite for running and gunning while also being a decent long range machine gun.

I like how the Madsen works but it drives me nuts that the drat magazine blocks half your screen (like WWII Bren wich I hated in CoD1). For running and gunning I prefer the BAR (but that 20 round mag) or the Benet Merce storm.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
The simple pleasures of just annoying someone to death.

https://twitter.com/hongkonghermit/status/921734429382385664

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
lol why did he not just stop and waste you, pubbies gon’ pub

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

lmao at the sniper trying so hard at the end

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

e.pilot posted:

lol why did he not just stop and waste you, pubbies gon’ pub

lol cause the howitzer tank can't turn as fast as a horse, rip

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Haven't really played since release, so I have a few questions because I don't keep up with updates:

-are support primary guns still hot dogshit? I was getting a lot of 'start shooting at someone who doesn't see me, they kill me before I can kill them' at medium range. I remember this being a thing before, thinking I sucked, then switching classes and suddenly getting kills easily

-are fighter planes still dogshit against other planes? I was pretty legit back in november but getting mowed down by attack planes that out maneuver me

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

oswald ownenstein posted:

Haven't really played since release, so I have a few questions because I don't keep up with updates:

-are support primary guns still hot dogshit? I was getting a lot of 'start shooting at someone who doesn't see me, they kill me before I can kill them' at medium range. I remember this being a thing before, thinking I sucked, then switching classes and suddenly getting kills easily

-are fighter planes still dogshit against other planes? I was pretty legit back in november but getting mowed down by attack planes that out maneuver me

I pretty much main support and love the Perino. I’ll grant most assault guns aren’t too good up close save for the BAR.

As for flying, yes I too have noticed a new strategy whereby enemy pubbies will take the attack plane and switch seats when you come from behind. The tail gun usually will rip you to shreds if you’re not careful.

P.S. after two more expansions I’ve compiled Mustard’s Mayhem volume II. General theme: don’t stand still

https://youtu.be/ayALm8h-PLw

1. Don’t stand still
2. Wilhelm’s ancestor
3. The ol’ switcheroo [<— this relates to the pubbie attack plane strategy I just covered]
4. Water landing
5. Do not stand still
6. What did I tell you about standing still?
7. Cossack cowboy 🤠
8. Death from above part 1
9. Death from above part 2
10. Mouse beats cat (I’m the cat)

red19fire
May 26, 2010

does the attack plane stay straight if you switch seats? whenever i'm in a bomber and the pilot bails it immediately nosedives

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
40-man Ops was my favorite mode by far. Shame to see it go.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
sometimes I play while drinking and my decision making process is compromised
like becoming fixated on scouts outside the combat area

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd2JgviySkI

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Fleetwood posted:

40-man Ops was my favorite mode by far. Shame to see it go.

Fuzzykins
Nov 24, 2013

Parkingtigers posted:

The simple pleasures of just annoying someone to death.

https://twitter.com/hongkonghermit/status/921734429382385664

Grab the tank ffs... -1 tank for enemy team

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

red19fire posted:

does the attack plane stay straight if you switch seats? whenever i'm in a bomber and the pilot bails it immediately nosedives

Yeah as long as you keep it level before seat switching.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

lambskin posted:

Yeah as long as you keep it level before seat switching.

If you ever so slightly nose down it’ll keep the speed up so the fighter doesn’t overtake you as quickly.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Putting the Huot as level 10 support weapon and the 300 kill with it to unlock the optical may be the biggest troll ever after the "destroy 2 planes with LMGs". I mean, the Huot is BAD, 26 round box, lowest damage model possible and long reload. Nice stinker right there, fortunately going to unlock the last poo poo and keep using the perino and mg 14/17.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Guillermus posted:

Putting the Huot as level 10 support weapon and the 300 kill with it to unlock the optical may be the biggest troll ever after the "destroy 2 planes with LMGs". I mean, the Huot is BAD, 26 round box, lowest damage model possible and long reload. Nice stinker right there, fortunately going to unlock the last poo poo and keep using the perino and mg 14/17.

I don't think you're giving the Huot enough credit. It's so absurdly stable that if you're good at headshots it's actually a pretty decent weapon. I got 300+ kills with it fairly easily. Play to its strengths and it's pretty solid.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I mowed faces with the Huot. It's my second most used LMG.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The Huot’s my second most used primary. it’s goofy as hell but I enjoy it

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Hey guys! I just got the invite to the Bone clan for this game months and months after I requested it. Is there still a Bone crew running? For medical reasons, I'm likely unable to work full time until Spring-ish. So I gots the time.

I'm in my thirties and I have time to game. It's spectacular.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I’ve never played with anyone in bone crew :(

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

e.pilot posted:

I’ve never played with anyone in bone crew :(

As long as you send a message with it, I'll be horrible with you!

OldCaptainLog is the bone handle - let's slap the mustache off the Kaiser! Again! And again!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I am not a fan of the Nagant revolver, and I say this as someone who (when not chasing weapon unlocks) always runs the chunky revolvers like the Gasser/Bodeo. The reload is just as slow as the Bulldog etc, possibly even slightly slower, but hits for less damage so it's not the two-shot emergency hipfire murder machine that the other pistols are. Unlike the Gasser you can't just hipfire all the rounds by just holding the trigger so you have to mash that button which helps throw off the aim too. No reason to ever choose this over other revolvers, which is a shame as I got the fancy Rasputin legendary skin for it.

I will say though, it does have some gorgeous reload animations. Empty all the chambers and you take out the entire rotating bit (gently caress off I don't know gun nomenclature) and put a whole new thingy in. It was worth spending enough time with the gun to get the codex and see that at least.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
It's dope just cause your guy cocks the hammer so fast :clint:

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I pretty much main support and love the Perino. I’ll grant most assault guns aren’t too good up close save for the BAR.

As for flying, yes I too have noticed a new strategy whereby enemy pubbies will take the attack plane and switch seats when you come from behind. The tail gun usually will rip you to shreds if you’re not careful.

P.S. after two more expansions I’ve compiled Mustard’s Mayhem volume II. General theme: don’t stand still

https://youtu.be/ayALm8h-PLw

1. Don’t stand still
2. Wilhelm’s ancestor
3. The ol’ switcheroo [<— this relates to the pubbie attack plane strategy I just covered]
4. Water landing
5. Do not stand still
6. What did I tell you about standing still?
7. Cossack cowboy 🤠
8. Death from above part 1
9. Death from above part 2
10. Mouse beats cat (I’m the cat)

lol all amazing. Although I do have to say in particular:
-lmao that water landing/takeoff holy poo poo
-that postpatch seatswitcher shart :black101:
-smoketillery lawnmower opening :discourse:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Parkingtigers posted:

I am not a fan of the Nagant revolver, and I say this as someone who (when not chasing weapon unlocks) always runs the chunky revolvers like the Gasser/Bodeo. The reload is just as slow as the Bulldog etc, possibly even slightly slower, but hits for less damage so it's not the two-shot emergency hipfire murder machine that the other pistols are. Unlike the Gasser you can't just hipfire all the rounds by just holding the trigger so you have to mash that button which helps throw off the aim too. No reason to ever choose this over other revolvers, which is a shame as I got the fancy Rasputin legendary skin for it.

I will say though, it does have some gorgeous reload animations. Empty all the chambers and you take out the entire rotating bit (gently caress off I don't know gun nomenclature) and put a whole new thingy in. It was worth spending enough time with the gun to get the codex and see that at least.

They are being historically accurate. That revolver was designed in 1895 and to this day is an underpowered piece of poo poo.

Ten years ago you could buy the real ones for about eighty bucks. They are so impossible, they never showed up in crimes as drop guns.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol a group of 4 snipers and me. Every god damned time. lol.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lol a group of 4 snipers and me. Every god damned time. lol.

Dynamite the places the hide and/or stand in front of them and drop smoke grenades.

It’s like a game in itself.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I've been using the 1911 nonstop as support since I got all the unlocks but today I discovered the magic of the lil' Beretta 1915. It shoots so fast and accurate without ADS and it's firing sound is funny.

The HUOT finally clicked for me when I hit the 200 kills today and managed to get 300. Before quitting for the day switched to the BAR and mowed down everything easier. Sure, the HUOT is usable but having the BAR and Benet storm for short distances, MG 14/17 for short/medium (that 700rpm and high damage)... I don't see myself using the HUOT more than those 300 kills.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 23, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

HUOT taught me how to always semi-auto fire and never spray and pray. It broke me of this habit.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oh, sure. I got way better at playing support thanks to it but then I learned something that instead of ADS'ing outside 12m, I should just start hipfiring THEN adsing. In BF3/4 you got punished hard for starting hipfiring then going ADS making all your shots go wild while here you start firing then aim. That way I've got a lot of kills against assault and medics that was losing previously.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
For me the Huot is all in the name. It's the Huot Automatic Rifle, so that's how I tend to use it. BAR and Bene-Mercie storm, definitely, run and gun. The other ones, I just can't help using mostly as machineguns, moving around alot but mostly firing from prone or windowsills so you can just clown fools at any range. But the Huot you can actually use as a rifle that shoots very fast, so you can be running around shooting medium to long range.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I use the Huot because it's the only Canadian weapon in the game at the moment :canada:

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

lambskin posted:

I use the Huot because it's the only Canadian weapon in the game at the moment :canada:

Maybe they'll add the Ross rifle one day. Well technically they did since the Huot is a weird conversion of the Ross but hey that doesn't really count.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
the funny thing is if they did add it, it would be amazing, since all of it's problems are the exact problems that battlefield doesn't have.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Ardent Communist posted:

the funny thing is if they did add it, it would be amazing, since all of it's problems are the exact problems that battlefield doesn't have.

This goes for almost every weapon in the game except bolt action rifles.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Live At Five! posted:

This goes for almost every weapon in the game except bolt action rifles.

And the Ross would get to be the first

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I stopped playing this game when the Hellreigel was the god weapons.

What’s the meta moved to these days? Also it’s funny to come in with positive K/D from Destiny and Overwatch to have a .5 BF1 round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Captain Log posted:

I stopped playing this game when the Hellreigel was the god weapons.

What’s the meta moved to these days? Also it’s funny to come in with positive K/D from Destiny and Overwatch to have a .5 BF1 round.

It still is, if I ever have a bad round or two I’ll play a round with the hellreigel and feel better about myself.

How that thing hasn’t been nerfed yet is beyond me. But yet grenades have been nerfed to almost complete uselessness. :dice: