Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

rip dovi

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Nice work by bogan Jack

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

Hoping for a Dovi front row this go round. But espargaro on the Aprilia getting pole would be cool af.

*sad trombone*

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

If you want to evenly space them, it's easiest to alternate between the Arctic and Antarctic. Some people just go to the Arctic twice, near the equinoxes so the visits are almost 6 months apart but it's not the same.

A few pages too late, but which one of you is the artist behind XKCD?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

how do they keep the champagne cool for the post-race celebrations

are they in fridges or coolers and ice?

my friend wants to know

It’s not cooled, it’s room temperature. Or 600 degrees if they’re racing in a desert shithole.

Some ex-driver said that was the thing that surprised him the most about F1, that the champagne is warm.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-plans-online-streaming-service-for-2018-season-968398/

Hooray!...............

"One market where a live streaming service is unlikely to be offered is the UK, with Sky having agreed a lengthy multi-year exclusive contract that precludes a rival service from going up against it."

GET TO gently caress!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-plans-online-streaming-service-for-2018-season-968398/

Hooray!...............

"One market where a live streaming service is unlikely to be offered is the UK, with Sky having agreed a lengthy multi-year exclusive contract that precludes a rival service from going up against it."

GET TO gently caress!

In addition to this, Zak Brown confirms McLaren will likely switch to the Good Orange livery next year: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-could-switch-to-papaya-livery-in-2018-968309/

Drown your Dovi sorrows in all this good news

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Poor Gasly got cheated out of his title.

https://www.motorsport.com/super-fo...r=recirculation

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

andyf posted:

I think Karun is legit my favourite roving pit reporter / technical pundit of all time.

He has an almost autistic memory of F1

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

Hoping for a Dovi front row this go round. But espargaro on the Aprilia getting pole would be cool af.

Front row means gently caress all in motoGP, these guys tend to come together at corners 1 & 2

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dovi started 9th last week ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

The Honda curse is powerful.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

tomcruiselaughing.jpg but with Kvyat’s face.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Lmao holy poo poo what a reason though

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Due to either time zone differences or being at work I havent watched a race or bothered to read this thread in like a month (and I'm working for the US Grand Prix PISSSSSSS). Anything I missed?

oh man

https://www.motorsport.com/super-formula/news/first-images-of-super-formula-2019-car-revealed-968209/

proposed new Super Formula car

Basticle fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 21, 2017

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Brainwrong posted:

Hooray!...............

GET TO gently caress!

quote:

The genesis of that was my frustration at watching grands prix in the USA where I had to watch in kilometres per hour,” he said. “That is not how we live here"

lol

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

That part makes me hella worried and also the bit that the package will only be offered in places without a n exclusivity deal for TV.

It sounds like it's gonna be a stupidly Americanised product ugh plus they would probably use the US graphics for Canada gently caress them

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
americans are fuckin stupid, see;

1. the us GP time zome
2. hass
3. trumnpp

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I would assume you could just tap the screen of your tablet and hit a button in the app to switch between mph and kph but this is the same F1 that couldnt get timing data on the tv screen for 90% of the races the last 2 years so..

Also lmao at any Brits upset that they cant watch Brundle and Crofty on a F1 streaming service and will instead have to watch Brundle and Crofty on a Sky streaming service.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
i wonder if theyll get the graphics working at some point this year before they scrap it for new year

aka i wonder if theyll mclaren it

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Basticle posted:

I would assume you could just tap the screen of your tablet and hit a button in the app to switch between mph and kph but this is the same F1 that couldnt get timing data on the tv screen for 90% of the races the last 2 years so..

It actually isn't

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Man, I hope the streaming service will be available in Finland. I'd love a legit way to watch F1 without having to A) subscribe to a bunch of pay channels I never watch and B) listen to the Finnish commentary team (seriously, I'd much rather have Crofty and Brundle, it's that bad), but somehow I feel like that's not happening anytime soon.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The streaming plan sucks. Everyone was hoping for a Dorna-style MotoGP deal and instead we end up with 'access to it if your region doesn't have an exclusive TV deal in place already'.

We are one MSC/Vettel season of pure utter domination away under Liberty ownership before they implement playoffs.

We were all so drunk with joy after Bernie was ousted and Liberty's initial PR campaign especially with their YouTube channel content that we forgot one crucial fact about them: they're American! :negative:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
that was always what the deal was going to be. it might change when they can get all the tv rights back but f1 fans are old people who dont know how to use the internet so they are never gonna go real far to get the rights because theres no real win

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

We never get anything as good as the US streaming options other than MLB so I don't know why you got your hopes up

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Doc Morbid posted:

Man, I hope the streaming service will be available in Finland. I'd love a legit way to watch F1 without having to A) subscribe to a bunch of pay channels I never watch and B) listen to the Finnish commentary team (seriously, I'd much rather have Crofty and Brundle, it's that bad), but somehow I feel like that's not happening anytime soon.

Yeah I'm also 'looking forward' to see other people using a great service while you can't because nobody gives a gently caress about your tiny potential market.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

We never get anything as good as the US streaming options other than MLB so I don't know why you got your hopes up

" Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

The streaming plan sucks. Everyone was hoping for a Dorna-style MotoGP deal and instead we end up with 'access to it if your region doesn't have an exclusive TV deal in place already'.

This is the exact same thing MotoGP got, the only difference being that MotoGP TV rights are far less valuable and none of their contracts prevented rolling this out worldwide. Obviously this was always going to be the case with F1, we only live in one reality.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

In my rush to quote the first line of Wirth's post I neglected to read the rest of it, and now I see that it is the single worst post that's ever been written on these forums. Carry on.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

In my rush to quote the first line of Wirth's post I neglected to read the rest of it, and now I see that it is the single worst post that's ever been written on these forums. Carry on.

Yeah, wow, thanks for this clarification cause I was honestly confused there for a second with your original post.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah, wow, thanks for this clarification cause I was honestly confused there for a second with your original post.

There's literally nothing Liberty can do to change contracts Bernie signed. The only reason the US gets this streaming service first is because NBC's contract expired after this year. Had it not, we'd be in the same boat as the UK. Stop saying dumb poo poo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

There's literally nothing Liberty can do to change contracts Bernie signed. The only reason the US gets this streaming service first is because NBC's contract expired after this year. Had it not, we'd be in the same boat as the UK. Stop saying dumb poo poo.

No, I meant confused why you didn't reference the far more inflammatory part of my post.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The shitposting in this thread used to be great, and I hate that it's been replaced with very sincere, very bad posts.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
If people stopped saying dumb poo poo in this thread there'd be nothing to read

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

If people stopped saying dumb poo poo in this thread there'd be nothing to read

Yeah, I don't know about that. The MLS thread has been pretty great for this recently.

e: oh you said thread and not forum. Still.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The only hope for this thread is that somehow it's Ferrari vs McLaren for the title next year. That always gets the blood flowing.

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah, I don't know about that. The MLS thread has been pretty great for this recently.

triggered

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

All y'all bitched so much about the idea of him racing at COTA instead of super formula

Egg on your faces

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Well it's given us the comedy of errors at toro rosso not knowing where their engine penalties should go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Zaphod42 posted:

All y'all bitched so much about the idea of him racing at COTA instead of super formula

Egg on your faces

Yes, hindsight is wonderful, isn't it?

Makes you feel big and hard.

• Locked thread