Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This whole year they had one Nintendo major release per month on the switch so I wouldn't be surprised if they have some year end direct about 2018's plans. But even if you buy a Switch right now it has more interesting exclusives than 3 years of PS4 library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf9zPeN2va4

New mario bros world record, it's down to such a science now that it has to be measured in hundredths of a second, soon to be thousandths

It seemed like he kinda started the game arbitrarily with respect to his timer, what was up with that?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

This whole year they had one Nintendo major release per month on the switch so I wouldn't be surprised if they have some year end direct about 2018's plans. But even if you buy a Switch right now it has more interesting exclusives than 3 years of PS4 library

lol good one

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

:lol: no

Like you keep saying this, but no

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

raditts posted:

It seemed like he kinda started the game arbitrarily with respect to his timer, what was up with that?

The timer hits 0 when gameplay starts.

edit: but the timer doesn't really matter much, he has to go back and re-time it manually after the fact, which is why it's a little different in the video than the actual record.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 21, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I just got a new dongle for my Steam controller so now I can go back to endlessly loving with controller configurations instead of playing games :unsmith:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Maybe you can strike out any game available on the PS4 and another console or the PC and wind up with a short list of Bloodborne, Knack, and Horizon: Zero Dawn. But if you have no other console or a gaming computer then buying a Switch is an incredibly limiting decision. You can’t really put Zelda and Splatoon 2 up against the library of games available in the PS4 and seriously think Nintendo comes out on top. The Switch is a great supplement to another system. Which has pretty much been Nintendo’s MO for the last few generations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf9zPeN2va4

New mario bros world record, it's down to such a science now that it has to be measured in hundredths of a second, soon to be thousandths

I guess those gamer glasses really work

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

LawfulWaffle posted:

Maybe you can strike out any game available on the PS4 and another console or the PC and wind up with a short list of Bloodborne, Knack, and Horizon: Zero Dawn. But if you have no other console or a gaming computer then buying a Switch is an incredibly limiting decision. You can’t really put Zelda and Splatoon 2 up against the library of games available in the PS4 and seriously think Nintendo comes out on top. The Switch is a great supplement to another system. Which has pretty much been Nintendo’s MO for the last few generations.

Zelda isn't even a Switch exclusive so it's pretty much Spla2oon, Snipperclips and I guess Arms

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Looper posted:

People who prefer fire2 and fire3 to fira and firaga blow my mind

i prefer bespoke names for every spell instead of this generic filth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And Mario Odyssey

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

glam rock hamhock posted:

Zelda isn't even a Switch exclusive so it's pretty much Spla2oon, Snipperclips and I guess Arms

When the other console it's in the a WiiU it might as well be

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nobody has a Wii U

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*prepares my posting chi for an incredibly powerful post* ARMS is a better game *grunting and yelling now, the energy is getting out of control* than Horizon: Zero Dawn

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

Nobody has a Wii U

Except like everyone on this board.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Golf story is a better game than Horizon: Zero Dawn

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Hey don't leave out Mario + Rabbids!

a statement I didn't expect to say just 6 months ago

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Then like everyone on this board is a nobody

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
With takes this hot we could provide clean energy to billions of people

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

lol the PS4's 3 year anniversary was 11/2016

i love my switch to death but if you think the library is anywhere as strong as that yet you're really kinda nuts

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Exactly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im probably just an outlier bc the only thing i buy on PS4 is Miku games and fighting games before they get released on PC with 100x better netcode

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's great games on both systems and I will soon be glad to own both.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Seriously though, the Switch has had an incredibly strong first year but obviously the PS4 is going to have a better library, unless you have some really specific tastes (or a pc I guess).

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

this is the first saturday in ages where I don't have a ton of stuff to do and I have so many games I'd like to play since it's raining and lovely out but i keep coming back to Opus Magnum

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Too many have already been lost in the console wars

when will there be peace

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Lamo at the newbs who don't know switch is goat system. Just lamo.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

*prepares my posting chi for an incredibly powerful post* ARMS is a better game *grunting and yelling now, the energy is getting out of control* than Horizon: Zero Dawn

*looks up with smirk and glint in eye putting up hand* Until Dawn is a better than Spla2oon *chi bounces off, exploding mountain in the background*

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Im glad i have both. PS4 when i have weekends off and the Switch for my long commute rides to work.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Full list of my PS4 games: Bloodborne, Persona 5, Nioh and Horizon

Before the year ends I have bought more exclusives for my switch than for my PS4

Edit: Forgot about ffxv

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 21, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I almost turned my switch on once this month but then didn't.

Consoles I did turn on this month: PS4, an n3ds, an original ds, a playstation vita

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Saint Freak posted:

a playstation vita

:thunk:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I turned both my PS4 and my Switch on multiple times this month

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I almost turned my switch on once this month but then didn't.

Consoles I did turn on this month: PS4, an n3ds, an original ds, a playstation vita

Why did you turn on an original DS if you have a 3DS?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

I played Dragon's Crown and Metal Gear Solid Number Three Snake Eater and now I'm on to Metal Gear Solid Number (?) Peace Walker

Andrast posted:

Why did you turn on an original DS if you have a 3DS?

Because I was playing an original game and wanted to see if the battery life was better to take with me.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I want to own and play all the video game systems.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Shindragon posted:

Im glad i have both. PS4 when i have weekends off and the Switch for my long commute rides to work.

gaming and driving ?? that's a real "game over"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll always regret not buying a Saturn

After it was dead but before the games got expensive anyway.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

i have them beat i have played TWO vitas a lot this month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

food court bailiff posted:

i have them beat i have played TWO vitas a lot this month