Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

But she could be bi
no, shes gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

havenwaters posted:

I have much to look forwards to whenever Cold Steel 2 PC comes out so I can play it for the first time, huh?

Quite.

We may actually be hyping the character too much, but she is a lot of fun to watch.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

no, shes gay

You can't know that, Endorph. Even your knowledge has its limits.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

You can't know that, Endorph. Even your knowledge has its limits.

shes gay

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yes, we get it. She's very happy. I don't see the big deal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she wants to put her tongue into other women's vaginas

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Her Archetype: The Obsessed Female Fangirl is usually associated with being lesbian, not that I can think of a series where that ever developed into a relationship to prove it though. I personally hate the archetype, but Duvalie is cool and hasnt done anything to make me dislike her yet, though I'm dreading seeing her with Armor Lady since that has a decent chance to change that. Too bad shes competing with some of the best characters in gaming so shes one of my least favorite characters.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I really don't care either way. I just wanted to challenge Endorph.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Edit: Play Cold Steel.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 19, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

in cs3 related news: stop loving talking about cs3

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Zaggitz posted:

Not an emptyquote.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zaggitz posted:

No keep talking about it in a vague way that makes your post functionally "A thing happened"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zaggitz posted:

this please

i don't know when i'll even be able to play cs2 yet

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Edit: Play Cold Steel 2.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 19, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Not trying to be rude or anything, but CS2 had been out for two years before coming out in English and outside of one extremely obnoxious poster who got heckled out for vagueposting, no one else was in here turning the thread into a CIA document.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Edit: Play Cold Steel 3

Anyway yeah sorry, testy right now due to life, was trying to change the topic, and the crushed hopes. Atleast its Falcom so when its actually time to play I'll be too engrossed in the plot and npcs to be worried about it.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 19, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i just, want people to stop vague posting about cs3's ending, when i'm not going to get to play it for like two years, and people keep doing it every other page

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

.....I've only seen it discussed the one time the pastebin was linked, like 3 weeks ago?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't even get the point of it I looked up spoilers and......they exist!

Like thanks for sharing.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Favorite non playable character's future details inspire dread and worry. Man gets slightly emotional and wonders if other feel similar.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

stop.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Goddamn that patch is bad, if I had a PC I’d almost want to play it just for the hilarity factor (since I’d be doing a second playthough for 100% anyway with the real patch.)

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Ah, the comedic wonders of a "good enough" translation.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Little brother bourgeoisie!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Goddamn that patch is bad, if I had a PC I’d almost want to play it just for the hilarity factor (since I’d be doing a second playthough for 100% anyway with the real patch.)

I mean even with this patch I just got done crying like a little baby

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
I'm on Ch 4 of the 3rd and I was wondering: does Kevin just end up being a higher level than everyone else? Right now he and Joshua are level 113 and everyone else is around level 109-111.

E: also, my copy of Zero Evolution cane the other day, so that's cool.

Beelerzebub fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 19, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Well, the games have no leaked experience (meaning party members sitting on the bench don't even get partial experience for battles you fight), so it speaks for itself that mandatory party members eventually start outlevelling the optional ones, unless you never ever switch. (which the game frequently forces you to)

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The plus side is that since it is a trails in the sky game XP scaling will very quickly catch other party members up if you kill a few shining poms.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah it was laughably easy to get everyone up to the same basic level at the end by running through the Abyss a bit.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Even the Abyss fades in comparison to the final dungeon, which seems specifically geared towards letting unused members catch up in a flash.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Yeah, not to mention you do get a few chances to not use Kevin.

Again, exp scaling is so intense that your forced party members will be... maybe half a level above your favorite party members?

It's only characters I literally never use like Josette and Vander that end up far behind.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Billzasilver posted:

It's only characters I literally never use like Josette and Vander that end up far behind.

>Not using Mueller

WTF

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*bursts into thread*

let's discuss how the trails series is a spiritual successor to final fantasy 8

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Beelerzebub posted:

>Not using Mueller

WTF

Everything he can do someone else (probably Agate) can do better.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Endorph posted:

*bursts into thread*

Except good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

Except good.

they sacrificed triple triad on the altar of making a good game

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There's a random NPC in Zero named Zell

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Endorph posted:

*bursts into thread*

Final fantasy 8 is my favorite FF and i love trails so this checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i am not a fan of this recent trend of, hey, do another dungeon and rando boss after the final boss. cold steel 2 i can make my peace with since its not the end, but tokyo xanadu's is super lazy and ys8 was just a pile of out-there exposition