Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

his nibs posted:

Any chance of you caughtupwiththethread.gif before you post?

Even though I still use my unique method, I did see that posted, but 1) there was no context 2) there was no identification of the parties

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

NightWig posted:

I have taken a prolonged hiatus from reading this thread, missing about 17000 posts. Can anyone give a short summary of the current state of this project? Have they lost all money yet?

star citizen is (still) bad

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
2 yrs ago this month. Never forget. #dereksmartwasright

FF to @ 5:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHSXUWRxN_I

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe

NightWig posted:

I have taken a prolonged hiatus from reading this thread, missing about 17000 posts. Can anyone give a short summary of the current state of this project? Have they lost all money yet?

Everything is going great. 3.0 is now a 2018 release and SQ42 is still MIA.

Also hurry they have a game changer 850 ship you can buy if you hurry, theres only a certain number available.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

NightWig posted:

Star Citizen is out, and good.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

I dunno if Scott (Illectro) is still watching this thread, but if he is: Where did you get your Rebel/Imperial shirt for that panel and does it come in women's cuts?

NightWig
Aug 12, 2013

BloodyScab posted:

Everything is going great. 3.0 is now a 2018 release and SQ42 is still MIA.

Also hurry they have a game changer 850 ship you can buy if you hurry, theres only a certain number available.

Oh god, so it hasn't progressed one bit after all this time. I should be surprised, but it was expected.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

NightWig posted:

You missed 30 pages of -moon, there are several Divinity 2 playing groups, please watch BR2049 in cinemas (IMAX), a few meltdowns.

Somewhere inbetween there should be also some posts about SC.

Berious posted:

I think I'm looking forward to Citcon more than the Shitzens are

You are not alone with this thought.

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 21, 2017

Stannum
May 8, 2005

Chev posted:

They've been laying low and preparing a new backers alpha that should be out in a few days. They're kinda behind schedule and it may not seem like the most spectacular updates as they've been focusing on the backend (multithreading and networking) as they've rejiggered their netcode to support ~200 players per instance at roughly 30fps.

The 30fps is Keith running the game on the highest settings at 4k. On 1080p I get 60+ on a rx480.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Even though I still use my unique method, I did see that posted, but 1) there was no context 2) there was no identification of the parties

Whatever judgement you've made regarding the previous identification (or not) of panelists, you post like it's new news.. It's not

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

NightWig posted:

Anime is now verboten and we've thus confirmed Derek's suspicions that Beet is a Nazi and may in fact be Hitler himself

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Speaking of Blade Runner, I ordered the 4k special edition, which is arriving today. Should be good! Haven’t seen the new one yet.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
Feeling all

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

D_Smart posted:

So they had this "panel" at TwitchCon

L-R a shill without an audience (Bad News Baron), an untalented ex-hobo (Huckabee, CIG), a real gamedev (Ed Lewis, Frontier), a homophobic anti-semetic moron (Lesnick, CIG), a real gamer (Manley)

Can't find a video link of it, can someone please post on here if you find it.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

NightWig posted:

They've begun denying refunds.

Evocati 3.0 is a buggy mess.

Sandi got completely cut from her movie.

They're selling an $850 ship next Friday.

Their Citizencon schedule:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citcon-featured-content/16174-CitizenCon-2947-Details

has 5 hours of baffling presentations with imaginary people.

And:

https://i.imgur.com/Q9yv8YH.mp4

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

NightWig posted:

Can anyone give a short summary of the current state of this project?

Ben's summary of progress.

Star Citizen was started 5 years ago, and........ still making spaceships!!

*audience chuckle*

https://clips.twitch.tv/BigObedientOstrichGrammarKing

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 21, 2017

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

his nibs posted:

Feeling all

I miss him :(

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealAlertKleeTheThing

heh

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I can’t decide what’s worse, Derek or Star Citizen

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Both of them are pretty awful though

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

Lack of Gravitas posted:

What are the chances of you doing a video with His Holiness Max Singularity IV, first of his name, about something cool that NASA is up to? *crosses fingers*

I should have really planned ahead of time for that.....

Although I might see him at another event in a month or so.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Daztek posted:

Here's the TwitchCon SPACE MADNESS VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/183740101?t=01h59m40s

It has barely started and Scott Manley is already facepalming

Oh man this is next level awkward.

Ben Lesnick's opening line says so little yet so much:

Ben Lesnick, Director of Community Engagement, Online Strategy, and Ships posted:

"Hello I'm Ben Lesnick. I'm Community Manager for Cloud Imperium Games. I helped start Star Citizen 5 years ago now... and...we're still making spaceships!" :dance:

Er yeah that's sort of the problem guy...

(Oops just saw Reverend Crabhands beat me to this while I was typing it up on my phone... Oh and Mr. Manley posted, too. Keep doing what you're doing, Scott!)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

NightWig posted:

Oh, yeah, also, refunds, charge backs in particular, are illegal fraud.

roflingstones
May 19, 2009

NightWig posted:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Re: The Weird CitizenCon Talks Stuff... I suspect that the way that these will be handled will be a pre-rendered introduction by a character keeping "within the fiction", before handing off to actual developers to talk about the actual relevant subject. This would be a fun way to introduce things for a talk relating to a game that's actually, you know, shipped, by giving the fans a quick extra dose of a character they enjoyed before handing off to the people who bought them to life. It doesn't really work for Star Citizen since, well, it hasn't shipped yet and all the characters outside of "Gary Oldman going HOOOONK" and "Mark Hamill looking slightly concussed" are literally-whos.

Alternatively, there might not be any such flavoring at all and it might just be a super-overwrought description for a bog-standard dev talk. Which, you know, serves only to confuse people. Not that CitizenCon visitors will be hard to confuse...

Also, I just noticed that there doesn't seem to be any taxxe on this page. loving shameful, all of you.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Nobody is in chains. It's low wage workers with a belt across their chest so they can pull a load. Why is this guy seeing people enslaved in chains?

It's a depiction of workers being taken advantage of in unreasonable conditions.

Would he have a similar reaction to a picture of minimum wage McDonald's fry cooks?

Does he support an increase in the minimum wage?

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

Latin Pheonix posted:

I dunno if Scott (Illectro) is still watching this thread, but if he is: Where did you get your Rebel/Imperial shirt for that panel and does it come in women's cuts?

It was a Humble Bundle package full of Star Wars games, I already owned all the games but wanted the shirt. No idea if you can still get it anywhere https://www.fangamer.com/products/x-wing-vs-tie-fighter-humble-bundle-shirt

As for fit - my daughter keeps stealing it to wear to school.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

Nobody is in chains. It's low wage workers with a belt across their chest so they can pull a load. Why is this guy seeing people enslaved in chains?

It's a depiction of workers being taken advantage of in unreasonable conditions.

Would he have a similar reaction to a picture of minimum wage McDonald's fry cooks?

It's a common narrative over there. See, the thing is that all of their brains have holes you could park a zeppelin in, so even after having the concept of "parody" explained to them multiple times they still think it's a literal depiction of our ultimate goal of enslaving the dev team. It's the same thing that led Charlie Hall to demand to know why I thought it was acceptable to have those hateful images on the subreddit and then to respond with a single word email "Understood" after I explained them in detail.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

quote:

chargebacks are absolutely illegal if you do it without first contacting the company in question. You can't just do a chargeback, just because. It doesn't work like that. You shouldn't be talking about stuff you have no experience with. Trust me, I do. I am currently battling with a company to get money back that was stolen from me. If I could do a chargeback, which I have no right to do

Dude lives in a weird world.

Having a financial institution reverse a transaction is totally illegal. I had money stolen from me, but I have no right to a charge back.

:nallears:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

One of the first things that happens in a charge back, is the financial institution asks the company what the deal is. Therefor, it's impossible to do a charge back without the company having an opportunity to explain the situation.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Best comment from the facebook comments trashing CitiCon:

This one should be fun to post all over the place once Coutts & Co takes the reigns.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

illectro posted:

It was a Humble Bundle package full of Star Wars games, I already owned all the games but wanted the shirt. No idea if you can still get it anywhere https://www.fangamer.com/products/x-wing-vs-tie-fighter-humble-bundle-shirt

As for fit - my daughter keeps stealing it to wear to school.

Aww, it looks like it's Humble Bundle only, shame. :(

Thanks for letting me know, though!

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
I was bored

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Daztek posted:

Here's the TwitchCon SPACE MADNESS VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/183740101?t=01h59m40s

It has barely started and Scott Manley is already facepalming

Watching the body language in this clip is fascinating.
Lando doesn't understand the concept of personal space, and Ben appears to be looking down his nose at everyone.

e: taxxe

Dogeh fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 21, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

XK posted:

I doubt it, most of the really garbage citizens are full blown redhats and increasing minimum wage is very frowned upon by the people that own the propaganda networks they think are news so they are too woke for that

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

It's the same thing that led Charlie Hall to demand to know why I thought it was acceptable to have those hateful images on the subreddit and then to respond with a single word email "Understood" after I explained them in detail.

This kind of thing is just baffling. It's clearly intended to be a humorous image. How anyone could take it any other way, especially with Gary Oldman parping in the middle of it, I don't know.

Hateful? gently caress off.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dogeh posted:

and Ben appears to be looking down his nose at everyone
"Ben" and "looking" aren't on speaking terms.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

NightWig posted:

Moons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Thoatse posted:

I doubt it, most of the really garbage citizens are full blown redhats and increasing minimum wage is very frowned upon by the people that own the propaganda networks they think are news so they are too woke for that

I'm sure if he was forced to take a position on fast food workers having their wage increased, he'd be all about how people have to pull themselves up by their bootstraps to get better paying jobs.