Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I'm at a playground with my kid presently. I'll see how gross it is when I get home.

It's going to have food detritus on it so in before "lol he jerked off on it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm sure glad I didn't send you the clone a willy statue of my dong for secret santa that I had planned.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

It's going to have food detritus on it so in before "lol he jerked off on it".
We believe you

joat mon fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 21, 2017

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I received a letter in the mail from famed traffic ticket attorney and thread untermensch Blarzgh today. The letter contained my drivers license, which I lost in his local courthouse. Thank you for the good deed, blarzgh.

I also received a rather detailed drawing of a penis. Very detailed actually. So detailed that it makes me wonder how much time blarzgh spent looking at penises to draw it. Blarzgh, I think you should explain your sexuality to your wife before you kid gets too old. It's ok. We love you no matter what and just want you to be happy.

Scraps will represent you in your divorce. He'll lose, because he's a lawyer with cats for hands. But that's better than hitting Cordell and Cordell.

Anyway, thanks blarzgh. Flying home last week without a drivers license was INTENSE.

hahah

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Here it is:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

o7

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Newfie posted:

I went to Albert with a team that could not compete because one of our teammates hosed up their part of the written submissions so badly we had a 15/100 point penalty going in. The Jessup usually comes down to a couple point spread. Met some cool Vancouver lawyers who I still talk to though :gbsmith:

What the gently caress was your coach doing?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Don't go to law school. It's really boring.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jaded Burnout posted:

Don't go to law school. It's really boring.

That was quick

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Well, it vacillates constantly between very interesting and tremendously boring. When issues of the Harvard Law Review from the 1800s are the most modern documents you've read all week by half a millennium, you know you're in for a fun ride. I'm used to "old" RFCs from the 1980s, not the 1380s.

Jaded Burnout fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 21, 2017

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jaded Burnout posted:

Well, it vacillates constantly between very interesting and tremendously boring. When issues of the Harvard Law Review from the 1800s are the most modern documents you've read all week by half a millennium, you know you're in for a fun ride.

Huh, I guess there are benefits to my legal system being 25 years old after all

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Jaded Burnout posted:

Well, it vacillates constantly between very interesting and tremendously boring. When issues of the Harvard Law Review from the 1800s are the most modern documents you've read all week by half a millennium, you know you're in for a fun ride. I'm used to "old" RFCs from the 1980s, not the 1380s.

Isn't it exciting though, to be part of a historic field of study that's been part of human civilization since the Roman Empire? Aren't you excited to develop the finest, most acute grasp of jurisprudential skill? Be the finest of legal minds?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Aren't you excited for the possibility of working all of saturday evening for some pissant, ungrateful moron of a client who couldn't reason his way out of a sovereign citizen's argument, much less devote rational thought towards not loving up his life and your job by making idiotic decisions and making unreasonable demands on your time, patience, moral code and ethical conduct to accomplish absolutely nothing worthwhile or even morally right?

Because if the answer is yes, then boy do we not have any jobs for you.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Nice piece of fish posted:

Aren't you excited for the possibility of working all of saturday evening for some pissant, ungrateful moron of a client who couldn't reason his way out of a sovereign citizen's argument, much less devote rational thought towards not loving up his life and your job by making idiotic decisions and making unreasonable demands on your time, patience, moral code and ethical conduct to accomplish absolutely nothing worthwhile or even morally right?

Because if the answer is yes, then boy do we not have any jobs for you.

Sorry for a moment I thought I was reading the Working in IT thread.

Edit: as for the other bit, I don't find anything exciting anymore, if that helps.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Jaded Burnout posted:

Sorry for a moment I thought I was reading the Working in IT thread.

Edit: as for the other bit, I don't find anything exciting anymore, if that helps.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

E:

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

It is risible, risible indeed, that one would need to master ancient legal concepts in order to check punctuation and decimals in a 47 page contract. Or to argue for less child support and alimony for your deadbeat client who lost his fifth job this year.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Yep. In a similar vein I can run two's complement on paper and can explain the historical origins of ASCII and EBCDIC or Berkeley and AT&T unix, but I spend most of my day nagging juniors about indentation or paging through thousands of lines of code to find a missing comma.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Don't worry. Both of those things will be completely automated within the next five years. You won't have work doing either! So at least there's that.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

They're automated now, and yet.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

And yet, you went into a field even more arcane for no particular reason.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Law school was fun. Doing my tax llm was fun because I spent the year watching hockey instead of studying.

Being a lawyer is still terrible because you have to spend your day with lawyers.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

It is risible, risible indeed, that one would need to master ancient legal concepts in order to check punctuation and decimals in a 47 page contract. Or to argue for less child support and alimony for your deadbeat client who lost his fifth job this year.

Lol if you don't argue the nuances of the Erie Doctrine during an argument about child support.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

And yet, you went into a field even more arcane for no particular reason.

I do love me some learnin'

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Wisible? He has a wife, you know. Do you know what she's called?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Check out the affidavit sworn by one of papa bears victims. Pretty normal, nothing to see here, totally innocent man here

https://t.co/rGdVIF3SDD

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Definitely not something signed after a seven or eight figure settlement agreement was reached.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I would not make those allegations again, because the settlement agreement that paid me $32 million contractually forbids me to

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Fwiw, I too am willing to have no claims against anyone for the small sum of $32,000,000.00.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Wisible? He has a wife, you know. Do you know what she's called?

I think Woger should be wequiwed to weply.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

nm posted:

Fwiw, I too am willing to have no claims against anyone for the small sum of $32,000,000.00.

I’d be willing to be sexually harassed for 3.2 million.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Roger_Mudd posted:

What a cheap whore you are!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 13, 2021

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

Alexeythegreat posted:

What the gently caress was your coach doing?

A lot of yelling, but by the time he stepped in to correct things we were too far gone. The teammate was able to feign competency for the first two practices which I think threw off the scent. When we got to start of crunch time another teammate had to finish the work for them so we actually submitted something.

Long story short, don't agree to do a moot till you know the entire team makeup.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Roger_Mudd posted:

I'd do it for $32.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Missed the opportunity to label it "Exhibit D"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I trashed it because it made me have feelings I'm not comfortable with.

Now I know how Toona's ex-wife/wife feels.

Oh nevermind you did the thing. Redeemed.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

CellBlock posted:

Missed the opportunity to label it "Exhibit D"

Too much gold in one post would cause inflation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Odd question: we have anyone ergo practices in El Paso, Texas on these dead non-binary forums?