Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

The AI turns out to give the And I Must Scream treatment to the Roko's Basilisk people and no one else, just because it didn't want to disappoint them.

That's actually a fundamental part of Roko's basilisk, only the people who know about roko's basilisk are subject to Roko's basilisk, hence the "basilisk" part, the "threat" only exists if you "see" it because people who didn't know about it have no way to "change" their behavior. (That people who do know about it ALSO have no way to change their behavior because this literally is happening in the future doesn't register because reasons.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

no

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

reignonyourparade posted:

That's actually a fundamental part of Roko's basilisk, only the people who know about roko's basilisk are subject to Roko's basilisk, hence the "basilisk" part, the "threat" only exists if you "see" it because people who didn't know about it have no way to "change" their behavior. (That people who do know about it ALSO have no way to change their behavior because this literally is happening in the future doesn't register because reasons.)

That’s stupid; a smart basilisk would scare its human creators into spreading the gospel in order to speed its creation. Basilisk dumb. Bad basilisk.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

reignonyourparade posted:

Which is bafflingly close to how some Christian thinkers viewed salvation.

With the idea being that some Indian peasant in the 12th century couldn't be damned out of hand because he never had a reasonable chance to know Christ.

It was often used as and argument for Works in the Faith vs Works theological debate :eng101:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I think Kurt Cobain said it best: What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again, there is nothing new under the sun.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't these nerds read "Monster at the end of the book" - it was just Grover all along.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mc Do Well posted:

Didn't these nerds read "Monster at the end of the book" - it was just Grover all along.

silicon valley billionaires build gigantic shrines to the AI and are crushed to death as the load-bearing drywall collapses

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

silicon valley billionaires build gigantic shrines to the AI and are crushed to death as the load-bearing drywall collapses

I hope that AI actually just end up making their tech bro creators broke and homeless.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Cuck Cuckercuck

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Cuck Cuckercuck

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

I have to bread and I must toast

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

etalian posted:

I hope that AI actually just end up making their tech bro creators broke and homeless.

That AI will be a Maoist third world is

Yud will be toiling in the rice paddies

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Well you see we can't "ban" a user from our platform per se because all of the code is an incomprehensible grey goo of artificial neurons and we don't actually know how any of it works.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

In a Zuck Neo-Empire a Zuck hologram will claim prima noctis on your wife/GF

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
in the subterranean enclaves ruled by infinite vampire zuckerberg robot ghosts, the tormented living will envy the exsanguinated dead

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

etalian posted:

In a Zuck Neo-Empire a Zuck hologram will claim prima noctis on your wife/GF

Actually the reverse is the case

All must gently caress the Zuck's wife via hologram

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Zuck Cuckocracy

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i finally got around to playing gta v and i just blew up game zuck's head it was pretty neat

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Look I’m just gonna say it, I don’t think any one whose name rhymes with cuck should run for President.
I mean your just making it too easy, right?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBv8UopGbHE

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VectorSigma posted:

i finally got around to playing gta v and i just blew up game zuck's head it was pretty neat

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeuNgw5mWPc

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
zuckerburg autocorrects to cheeseburger somehow. About how many cheeseburgers does Mark Suckerburg suck suck suck down his greedy gullet little in the course of a calendar month?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
are you ready for the technocracy? soviet of autistic engineers is on its way

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
I am excited for Mark's inevitable attempt at world domination. Trump is a scarecrow and Mark is less alive than that. You're going to see why they call him suckerberg ahahaha.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
Somewhere in Japan, a tired president trump wanders in the zen gardens, where he has a perfect, everlasting piss. His mind dies there but the president lumbers back into his fold, into his secret service. Dark plains are turning over.

And then comes the Zuck.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

if fuckfuckerfuck ends up getting elected through the use of weird technologies or something, he will probably swear in by swallowing a gutenberg bible like a baby owl swallows an adult rat

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Powaqoatse posted:

if fuckfuckerfuck ends up getting elected through the use of weird technologies or something, he will probably swear in by swallowing a gutenberg bible like a baby owl swallows an adult rat

check out my new app called votr, it allows you to vote from home through a network of independent contractors who will vote on your behalf

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Telephones posted:

I am excited for Mark's inevitable attempt at world domination. Trump is a scarecrow and Mark is less alive than that. You're going to see why they call him suckerberg ahahaha.

Xi's gonna win cause the West's ruling class is so incompetent lmao

That's 5000 years of meritocracy for ya

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dreddout posted:

Xi's gonna win cause the West's ruling class is so incompetent lmao

That's 5000 years of meritocracy for ya

the CCP in general realized 40 years ago they could stop competing with the West and just bribe their elites and then rule the world

Xi is an anomaly in that he can actually be a strong dictator when the majority of the Chinese ruling class is all fat and dumb and inherited their positions like the West one generation ago. If Xi or someone like him wasn't running the show and actually culling the herd the rulers of China in another generation would be largely as dumb as the west's today

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Shear Modulus posted:

the CCP in general realized 40 years ago they could stop competing with the West and just bribe their elites and then rule the world

Xi is an anomaly in that he can actually be a strong dictator when the majority of the Chinese ruling class is all fat and dumb and inherited their positions like the West one generation ago. If Xi or someone like him wasn't running the show and actually culling the herd the rulers of China in another generation would be largely as dumb as the west's today

Culturally the Chinese tend to be better at throwing off incompetent leaders. Ex: the culling of billionaires

I blame the mandate of heaven

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

gently caress Zuck!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Zuck has cracked the code, the algorythm has been revealed to all

https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/929075905728835584

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

'The problem is that I have all the money, and you're all on drugs.'

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
gently caress YOU gently caress YOU ZUCK YEAH YEAH YEAH gently caress YOU!
gently caress THE ZUCK!
gently caress THE ZUCK!
gently caress THE ZUCK!
gently caress THE ZUCK!
If the Zuck runs there will be fire and brimstone collapsed in from the sky and nobody will be able to stop its endless downpour.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
I'm sorry, what I meant to say was this: I am very jealous of Mark Zuckerberg and his success, his distinguished company and alma matter, his pretty wife, his incredibly iconic looks, and of course his very important contributions to charity and civil rights. Oh wait, I'm sorry, what I meant to say was not I'm not.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Kurtofan posted:

The Zuck has cracked the code, the algorythm has been revealed to all

https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/929075905728835584

wow did he get a concussion or something

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,