Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Playing devil's advocate for a known rapist itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
No, I just want the textbook to print his picture without getting sued.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

fruit on the bottom posted:

No, I just want the textbook to print his picture without getting sued.
What I want in life is quite simple, brock turner's face to be inside of a chapter about the various heinous acts of rape that exist without providing any context.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Sestze posted:

What I want in life is quite simple, brock turner's face to be inside of a chapter about the various heinous acts of rape that exist without providing any context.

I want that too, but I also want him to not be able to do a goddamn thing about it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

put "allegedly" everywhere and then literally fire a pistol & the bullet goes into his heart and he never takes another breath

just sayin lol

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm not necessarily against the idea of 'PYF Ways To Murder Brock Turner' but perhaps we should get back to posting funny quotes.

Also, I would set him on fire.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I believe drowning him in bleach would be the way to go. Cleanse his mortal body along with his immortal soul.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I think he should be matched with this fine specimen of British legal impartiality and then nature should be allowed to take its course.

The course is :murder:

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
"hark" says my vehement rear end

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think he should be matched with this fine specimen of British legal impartiality and then nature should be allowed to take its course.

"Principally, at the age of 24 you have no previous convictions of any nature whatsoever" lmao good job

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Brock Turner. A baseball bat. A thin condom full of broken glass and ghost peppers. A pair of very small, very sharp scissors.

Don't mind me, just making a list of things for no apparent reason.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

All valid suggestions, but, let's move along for real now.

Besesoth posted:

Those place names are pretty easy to pronounce once you figure out that the pronunciation has come decoupled from the root. "Gloucester" looks like it should be "glou" + "cester", right? That's where the word came from - the fort at Glevum, "Glevum" + "castrum".

But the pronunciation shifted to place the "ce" in the first syllable, so it's pronounced "Glouce" ("gloss") + "ster" = "glosster". The same goes for other place names with the same pattern, like Leicester: "Leice" ("less") + "ster" = "lester".

With "shire" you just have to remember that the "i" is short in place names. So "Gloucestershire" becomes, pronunciationally, "glouce" + "ster" + "shire" = "gloss" + "ster" + "sher" = "glosstersher"; Leicestershire is "lestersher", etc.

purple death ray posted:

I was asleep by the second sentence in this post

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 00:39 on Oct 22, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

But what about men :thunk:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's not easy at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOd3lwluQIw

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

This was revelatory. Thank you.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

Don't tell me you haven't heard of the popular japanese dating sim My Horse Prince

this really speaks to me, its everything i love about SA

Lyer has a new favorite as of 00:57 on Oct 22, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I liked Roro's follow-up to that one.

Roro posted:

If life has taught me anything, it that you don't question horses that have the faces of men. You smile politely, nod once, then leave without ever looking back.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Does anybody have that quote about the most depressing thing ever being a man sitting alone in his kitchen in the predawn hours eating a single block of shredded wheat?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ArfJason posted:

If being lame and retardedly gay were a guitar these two guys just played the solo to freebird

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Man, how do you gently caress up a language named after you so badly?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

A thousand years of linguistic evolution, that's how.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

A thousand years of linguistic evolution, that's how.

Probably pronounced "lestic velshun" or something.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Bubblyblubber posted:

"THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE" I scream, the bits of shattered baby all over the concrete floor.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This sounds like a lot of elaborate excuses for being really drunk.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Some people freeze sperm so they can have kids later in life. Others evidently make that choice a little too late.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Moon Slayer posted:

Does anybody have that quote about the most depressing thing ever being a man sitting alone in his kitchen in the predawn hours eating a single block of shredded wheat?

It is shredded wheat. Not frosted. A big block of it in a plain white bowl, half full of milk. It is on a table, where a man sits. There is no other food on the table.

The man is dressed in a white shirt and black slacks, and he'll put on a tie when he's finished. Maybe he's not alone, it's just very early and his family is still asleep. He takes his spoon and turns the block of shredded wheat over in its bowl, so that the other side can soak. He feels his hunger, but he waits anyway. After a period of time, of a length roughly the same as yesterday, and the day before (this time-period has become instinctual for him), he picks up his spoon and begins to break the block up. Not completely of course, just into chunks that fit squarely onto the spoon. The chunks usually have one side that's soggy and one side that's still a little bit crunchy. The way he spoons each into his mouth, along with an appropriate quantity of milk, puts the crunchy side at his teeth and the soggy side on his tongue.

As he chews, the crunchy side gets pulverized while the soggy side is mashed up by the natural motion of the tongue while chewing. When he has eaten all the chunks, there is still milk left in the bowl, and in it the crumbs that resulted from breaking the initial block. He does not raise the bowl to his lips to drink the remainder; even though no one is there to see, he sticks to his etiquette and dutifully drains the bowl spoonful by spoonful. When he is finished, there are still crumbs in the bowl. He gets up from the table, takes the bowl to the sink, and quickly rinses it out. He leaves the bowl in the sink; it will be dealt with later. He walks away to get his things, and then he leaves. The sun has not yet risen.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That sounds suspiciously like mockery of the fine Australian tradition of Weet-Bix.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Testekill posted:

Rule number 1 of defending in any form of Football, always kill the ball.

Karate Bastard posted:

You would say that wouldn't you.

im a sucker for name/post combos

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The shredded wheat bricks make for poor dildos or good ones depending on your masochism.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Masochism level: shredded wheat.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Lyer posted:

this really speaks to me, its everything i love about SA

is this a loss edit?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Shredded wheat is awesome.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I ate a bowl of shredded wheat for breakfast.

Without any milk.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

shred wheat every day

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Inescapable Duck posted:

I ate a bowl of shredded wheat for breakfast.

Without any milk.

Have you taken leave of your senses??!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I liked Roro's follow-up to that one.

Some people think that's an oddly specific response to a horse with the head of a man. To those people, I say "Neigh".

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Horse puns are always funny

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

funmanguy posted:

Horse puns are always funny

maybe back in the 90s in a very famous tv show

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Lots of horse puns in Full House?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

funmanguy posted:

Lots of horse puns in Full House?

Don't act like you don't know