Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I want to see what they think white people do.

I also like they think Hispanics just naturally act like Catholics and only picked Catholicism for the synergy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
ya onow at the very least you should figure out a native american willing to go to a physician probably is okay with getting medicine from said doctor right then and there and not thru a shaman

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This checks out. Native Americans receive +2d5 HP if the healing spell is cast by a Shaman class.

edit:
Saying that Islam forbids pain and suffering is true and sounds almost progressive if you ignore everything else they wrote there. And it's also not limited to Islam anyway.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 03:31 on Oct 19, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Choco1980 posted:

Today's photoshop contest on Cracked is filled with entries that fit this thread perfectly.
That Onion tweet was really funny though, and the fact that it was offensive is kind of the point.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I want to see what they think white people do.
Well they don't have to specify that, the nurse just has to think about what they'd do themself in that situation, obviously. :rolleyes:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Tiggum posted:

That Onion tweet was really funny though, and the fact that it was offensive is kind of the point.

You're Australian, I don't think you're a good measure of how offensive the word 'oval office' is.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Olive! posted:

You're Australian, I don't think you're a good measure of how offensive the word 'oval office' is.

How did you never hear of “40 Acres and a Mule”?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Aesop Poprock posted:

Only paid attention for 2/5ths of class

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The fun part of that hella racist textbook is it looks like it clearly plays to racist stereotypes that mean doctors and nurses routinely under-prescribe and ignore the issues of women and minority patients compared to the attention and medication they give to white men.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Aesop Poprock posted:

not everyone is american

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Tired Moritz posted:

not everyone is american privileged enough to go to school

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

canyoneer posted:

Holy poo poo :golfclap:

They do have a point- it's not like that sort of thing is commonplace outside the States.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Idk about you but I study my own country's history, you doorknob.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Synthesizer maker makes rape jokes on social media, engages in Reddit slapfight with former employee

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

canyoneer posted:

2/5ths, was it?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Music magazine puts a singer who beat his girlfriend to death on their front cover:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/18/french-murderer-bertrand-cantat-magazine-cover-marie-trintignant

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It's 3/5ths.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

1stGear posted:

It's 3/5ths.

If you only paid attention to 2/5ths of the class, how much of the class did you miss?

If you only got 2/5ths of the joke, how much of the joke went over your head?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
High-brow or low-brow humour?

drat it, it's high-brow now because I asked that.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
And now for the polar opposite of all the social media blunders from that Cracked article:

Someone just discovered why the official KFC Twitter account follows exactly 11 people.

https://twitter.com/edgette22/status/921103567771131904

Go ahead, see for yourself.

https://twitter.com/kfc/following

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

Idk about you but I study my own country's history, you doorknob.

i'm pretty sure olive is American since they were calling out an australian for using the word oval office

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

The 2 existing continents, Australia and North America

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

'oval office' not being offensive in Australasia is largely a myth anyway. Sure, you might use the word to tease a mate on a sports team or something, but if you call a stranger a oval office you'll likely get smacked in the face.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jaguars! posted:

'oval office' not being offensive in Australasia is largely a myth anyway. Sure, you might use the word to tease a mate on a sports team or something, but if you call a stranger a oval office you'll likely get smacked in the face.

Well yeah: that’s what cunts do.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Not if they're GCs!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Jaguars! posted:

Yeah.
oval office is still generally regarded as one of the most offensive words here, if not the most offensive.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's the NRA, so of course it's dumb. But this might be extra dumb.

https://twitter.com/NRATV/status/921390510576562176

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The MSJ posted:

I just want to know what it has to do with rifles.

I mean besides stoking paranoid fantasies and buoying gun stocks.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The MSJ posted:

They're appealing to their base who are sick and tired of liberal oppression and want nothing more than to finally solve the problem and secure a safe existence for their children. I'm not sure why you think that's dumb, but I guess you got a lot of growing up to do.

Screaming Idiot has a new favorite as of 11:01 on Oct 21, 2017

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
jews invite potential investors to purchase shares in their pain

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
but i recognise my pain is a pyramid scheme in which only hashem has any executive control

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

By now the NRA should just celebrate the next school-shooter because he expressed his right to bear arms.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The MSJ posted:

I can think of a more ruthless attack, and that one involved a literal rifle.

But holy poo poo that video is some uncanny composite speaking Orwellian doublespeak.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The NRA is nth-ing down because every time an R wins the white house, gun and ammo prices crash for some reason.(they also spiked super hard under Obama for some reason)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

The NRA is nth-ing down because every time an R wins the white house, gun and ammo prices crash for some reason.(they also spiked super hard under Obama for some reason)

They went up because people thought Obama was going to take their guns

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

CommonShore posted:

I can think of a more ruthless attack, and that one involved a literal rifle.

But holy poo poo that video is some uncanny composite speaking Orwellian doublespeak.

Charles Joseph Whitman sampler?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

PhazonLink posted:

Nm

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Henchman of Santa posted:

They went up because people thought Obama was going to take their guns

He's aware. He's saying a Democrat president is good for the gun industry because they can prey on gun owners fear of their guns being taken away and charge more, even though Democrats rarely do any actual gun control legislation.
If a Republican is in office people relax a little so they have to stir up a boogeyman.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Choco1980 posted:

Today's photoshop contest on Cracked is filled with entries that fit this thread perfectly.

Most of these are no big deal or obviously unintentional. People need to lighten the gently caress up.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RagnarokAngel posted:

He's aware. He's saying a Democrat president is good for the gun industry because they can prey on gun owners fear of their guns being taken away and charge more, even though Democrats rarely do any actual gun control legislation.
If a Republican is in office people relax a little so they have to stir up a boogeyman.

I am also aware. I couldn’t tell if “for some reason” was sarcastic or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I would like to point out that I too am aware of things