Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Accordion Man posted:

The cannon mini-game guy from Wind Waker or no buy.

You can't even remember Salvatore's name? Some fan. :colbert:

Internet Kraken posted:

A character so memorable and interesting you can't even recall her name.

The auxiliary characters in TP sucked so much.

It was maybe.. Ashley, but spelled differently? Ashlei? Ashleigh? Ashlee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

By the way on a serious note Neogaf is probably about to explode and not in a good way from like a game announcement but because the owner of the forums is about to be exposed to the public for what appears to be some heavy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/etdragonpunch/status/921769491591073792

Especially bad because people also seem to be pointing to the fact that most if not all past and present "Mods Knew" over there and never did anything.

Wow, look at Neogaf off-topic. Usually, no one dares say anything negative about Neogaf or the mods on the forum, because the slightest thing will be a permaban. Even a joke. No one cares anymore. That's all they're talking about.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Is Ooccoo in Hyrule warriors, put her in there

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Olive! posted:

You can't even remember Salvatore's name? Some fan. :colbert:
Hey, its been a long time since I played it. :negative:

corn in the bible posted:

Please no, I just got done with all those years of therapy and the nightmares had finally stopped.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 22, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Taintrunner posted:

I remember an advance wars clone on PC that was like desert storm or something but they absolutely had the unit shooting the other unit matchup screen, which is all I want out of a turn based strategy game

i know they did a couple on the snes that had sci fi settings. war 2040 and like war 3040 i think

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

corn in the bible posted:

Only as an item on the TP map.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

chumbler posted:

Please stop naming Warriors games I wish existed.

warriors warriors. play as swan, mercy, etc

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

Hey, its been a long time since I played it. :negative:
Please no, I just got done with all those years of therapy and the nightmares had finally stopped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqqczTWtFKE

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Just give me Metal Warriors.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Accordion Man posted:

The cannon mini-game guy from Wind Waker or no buy.

Sploosh

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Ka-BOOOM

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

some guy on the bus posted:

Wow, look at Neogaf off-topic. Usually, no one dares say anything negative about Neogaf or the mods on the forum, because the slightest thing will be a permaban. Even a joke. No one cares anymore. That's all they're talking about.

So what did this end up being

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ciaphas posted:

So what did this end up being

There is, somehow, a thread in gbs about it that is quite informative

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838187

unsurprisingly he is a creepy sexual assault weirdo

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

NeoGAF and Escapist dying at the same time is weird.

AND MIIVERSE OUTLIVED THEM BOTH HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Today I finally learned what a Korean Backdash Cancel was and how to do it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Today I finally learned what a Korean Backdash Cancel was and how to do it

:feelsgood:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

what is with the huge overlap between extremely obnoxious nerds and the constant fellating of fallout new vegas

it came out 10 years ago

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jonas Albrecht posted:

NeoGAF and Escapist dying at the same time is weird.

AND MIIVERSE OUTLIVED THEM BOTH HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How is the Escapist dying? I used to post on that site before coming to SA because it started to suck. I'd like to know what's killing it off.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

How is the Escapist dying? I used to post on that site before coming to SA because it started to suck. I'd like to know what's killing it off.

They released a statement indicating that most of the staff has been let go.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/171005-Open-Letter-to-The-Escapist-Community

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chances of me ever actually using it well in a match is slim to none but hell its cool to finally know what it actually is

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ostentatious posted:

what is with the huge overlap between extremely obnoxious nerds and the constant fellating of fallout new vegas

it came out 10 years ago
Because its a really good game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's a lot of really good ideas executed kind of poorly imo

edit: Which results in a pretty good game, but still, the 3D Fallout games are like "half-baked ideas: the video game series"

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
It's good quests and an okay RPG system in one of the worst engines for FPS-like gameplay ever conceived.

Like they did the best they could with what they had and I respect that. But VATS isn't fun after like the first or second time you use it, and outside of VATS the act of shooting bullets feels awful.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Chances of me ever actually using it well in a match is slim to none but hell its cool to finally know what it actually is

I believe in you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

I believe in you.

after trying to practice in treasure mode for a while ill just be listening to this on loop fo rlike the next hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGitooV3iuc

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Tengai Makyou Zero looks wild, there's an internal clock feature like in Animal Crossing where stuff changes with time of day and the seasons. Did any other SNES games do that? First game I remember seeing it in was Pokemon Gold & Silver, I don't remember if those predate the Japanese N64 Animal Crossing game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only good part of NeoGAF was More_Badass' indie threads, its time for him to come here and start an Indie Gaming Thread Dynasty with me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
New Vegas is an entire game in 3D with voice acting where your sole real mission is to wander around the wasteland, alone, in a leather duster. Maybe with a dog or robot friend

Is it hard to see why this appeals to nerds

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

precision posted:

New Vegas is an entire game in 3D with voice acting where your sole real mission is to wander around the wasteland, alone, in a leather duster. Maybe with a dog or robot friend

Is it hard to see why this appeals to nerds

because it’s really good?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
New Vegas is the only open world game I can think of where the game will not only let you kill every NPC but you won't softlock the game by doing so.

It places a lot of emphasis on freedom of choice.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

im sure it is good but i cant get over how bad the actual game feels to play. doesnt help that (largely because of gamebryo) it is a hilariously busted game

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They released a statement indicating that most of the staff has been let go.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/171005-Open-Letter-to-The-Escapist-Community

So did Yahtzee sign a one-billion year contract that stated he's forever beholden to The Escapist name no matter who owns it?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In Training posted:

after trying to practice in treasure mode for a while ill just be listening to this on loop fo rlike the next hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGitooV3iuc

The Tekken 7 soundtrack is really good.

I was looking for the track that played in the Story Mode menus and couldn't find it but it looks like someone uploaded it eventually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBjex2YeyFU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the escapist youtube channel has been "The Yahtzee Show" for several years now

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ostentatious posted:

the titular escapist is me, trying to get away as fast as possible :whitewater:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

goferchan posted:

Tengai Makyou Zero looks wild, there's an internal clock feature like in Animal Crossing where stuff changes with time of day and the seasons. Did any other SNES games do that? First game I remember seeing it in was Pokemon Gold & Silver, I don't remember if those predate the Japanese N64 Animal Crossing game
this is the only other snes game with a rtc afaik https://www.giantbomb.com/daikaijuu-monogatari-ii/3030-45532/

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i like yahtzee usually because he had videogame opinions pretty closely aligned with my own but finding out he’s still doing the same thing after literally 10 years have gone by was a harsh revelation

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hadn't thought about the Escapist in a long while. I took a look at their front page and it looks like a disaster.

I mean, I guess I haven't taken a look at the front page of this website in five years so

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ostentatious posted:

im sure it is good but i cant get over how bad the actual game feels to play. doesnt help that (largely because of gamebryo) it is a hilariously busted game

I mean its still playable but the engine was always janky. I'm sure if I want back to play it I'd be really weirded out by the ol Bethesda talking system of locking you into eye contact with the other person from about 2 inches away. Also the game is a mess when it comes to bugs so it would glitch out a lot. Back when I was playing it I'd usually get one crash per session.The gameplay doesn't really improve that much over Fallout 3 and I'd actually say the actual world design is worse.

The reason it appealed to so many people, and still does, is because it was really well written and placed a heavy emphasis on player choice. You have tons of options in that game for how you progress. I feel like Obsidian went out of there way to maximize your roleplay potential in that game, giving you a background that was very basic and providing you with a lot of speech options to work with. You can play a lot of different characters in it and the game will unfold for them very differently. Around the time it came out writing in big budget games was still generally garbage and real player choice was almost nonexistent. It was a breath of fresh air for RPG fans.

Ostentatious posted:

Even back when I was on the Escapist I barely ever watched their other content because it was mostly trash.

They once employed a guy called "Movie Bob" that was your sterotypical nerd that got extremely angry and defensive about his opinions on...well everything. He thought Other M was better than the entire Prime trilogy because it "wasn't another generic FPS". He refused to even listen to anyone that tried to explain to him that the Prime games aren't really FPS. It was baffling.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
every game should have this after the ending

• Locked thread