Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

4375 Mythril

That's that whale guy who never pulls with mythril.

Well yeah, you shouldn't expect to do even a third of the damage that guy does. But still, it's a pretty strong USB. I'd kinda like to pull for it (and even moreso his BSB2 for that sweet +dark katana), but the rest of the banner is pretty bad...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I promised myself I would finally build a party and beat Shadow D and do the XV CM today.

Kicked the day off with this:

I refused to take a 30+ clear so it took a bit of building. Now with Elarra Raider the black fang should be avoidable too.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Schwartzcough posted:

Well yeah, you shouldn't expect to do even a third of the damage that guy does. But still, it's a pretty strong USB. I'd kinda like to pull for it (and even moreso his BSB2 for that sweet +dark katana), but the rest of the banner is pretty bad...

Red's USB is great if nothing else, I'd like it but I'm not sure if I can justify the pull since I already have Seph's BSB2/OSB and Rufus' SSB.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Yeah, I have a few dupes as well, but having Rufus' BSB or Tifa's USB would be nice too. I may toss a pull at it.

Then again, it's Sephiroth so it's bound to come back around again.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I promised myself I would finally build a party and beat Shadow D and do the XV CM today.

Kicked the day off with this:

I refused to take a 30+ clear so it took a bit of building. Now with Elarra Raider the black fang should be avoidable too.

Party details, please?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The idea of whaling on this game while sitting on thousands of mythril is so weird.

What the hell are you saving it for?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Attestant posted:

Party details, please?

Rikku with Mako Might. USB, Multi Break, die to Black Fang.
Yshtola (LD) with Gathering Storm. RW, then Curada for heals, Armor Breakdown for when there's a bit of a break in damage. I used one BSB.
Ramza (LD)with Dr. Mogs. Entrust bot, no SBs used.
Agrias (LD) with Knight +40%. Holy Cross to Guardbringer (R3) spam. I spent her gauge on two OSBs
Raines (LD) with weakness +30%. Memento Mori, BSB. CMD1->OSB or CMD1 spam if no gauge.

Mist Dragon as magicite.

It's.. not a good party as the inclusion of breaks suggests. But Fabula Raider and the shadow magicites will let me make some sense to this mess and downgrade Yshtola to a more offensive healer. I found Agrias stronger than Orlando which is why she's here besides being good, cool and cute otherwise. Not sure if Agrias' OSB is the play, actually paused the fight for quite a while mid battle to think about what to cast.

I got a bit lucky when he punched Rikku at the beginning so it was easy for her to die to Black Fang. Otherwise the luck wasn't that impressive, one Raines doublecast and zero Agrias imperils.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
U++ Garuda: Still bullshit.

I'm up to FFVII for renewal dungeons. This is exhausting!

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 21, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The idea of whaling on this game while sitting on thousands of mythril is so weird.

What the hell are you saving it for?

Dick waving.

"Hey check out how much money I have."

I'm using the FF7 renewals to put some xp into Shelke. I have no relics for her but I think I'm going to Legend Dive her anyway for the same reasons as everyone else.

How hard is the new FF2 220? After dealing with the unfun mote dungeon version of that fight I'm not too keen on running it back at a harder difficulty level. Can you just spam mage BSB AoE commands?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

Dick waving.

"Hey check out how much money I have."

I'm using the FF7 renewals to put some xp into Shelke. I have no relics for her but I think I'm going to Legend Dive her anyway for the same reasons as everyone else.

How hard is the new FF2 220? After dealing with the unfun mote dungeon version of that fight I'm not too keen on running it back at a harder difficulty level. Can you just spam mage BSB AoE commands?

Yes. Mutli-hit AoEs dunk on the giants and then all that's left is the red soul. The power creep of USBs and newer BSBs makes it a lot easier. Stuff like Rikku USB, Raines CMD2 w/ legend dive, Fujin BSB, Alphinaud USB, Faris USB2, Yuna BSB2.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I have this weird problem where my 4* mote supply is really starting to pay for the fact that I hate 220 MP fights

I need those Spirit Motes on Titan so bad.....

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Elephant Ambush posted:

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Yes. Mutli-hit AoEs dunk on the giants and then all that's left is the red soul. The power creep of USBs and newer BSBs makes it a lot easier. Stuff like Rikku USB, Raines CMD2 w/ legend dive, Fujin BSB, Alphinaud USB, Faris USB2, Yuna BSB2.
Yeah the fight overall was pretty easy. The most annoying part were the statuses; I only brought astra via RW and the ogres used blind (useless because mage team but it ate up astra) and sleep a lot when I did the fight. I only have three sleep resist accessories so I put them on OK, Tyro, and Rosa while Fujin and Rapha kept getting put to sleep.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

So something weird just happened.

I was fighting the three stooges for FF6 and when I attacked the fire one with snowspell strike it double casted and targeted the ice one. It healed him like its supposed to for 2x9000 but then he died instantly.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

wizard on a water slide posted:

I have this weird problem where my 4* mote supply is really starting to pay for the fact that I hate 220 MP fights

even skipping a bunch of nodes i'm down to 70 wis motes, and i've been pretty diligent about clearing the MPs. having to unlock everything to access the LD doesn't help matters either.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Ybrik posted:

So something weird just happened.

I was fighting the three stooges for FF6 and when I attacked the fire one with snowspell strike it double casted and targeted the ice one. It healed him like its supposed to for 2x9000 but then he died instantly.

If you're using the old Zantetsuken most of us got for free, it has an instant death proc that happens sometimes.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Alxprit posted:

If you're using the old Zantetsuken most of us got for free, it has an instant death proc that happens sometimes.

lol that must be it. It's still my best FF6 sword

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Alxprit posted:

I'm more surprised that a boss was vulnerable to instant KO.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Wow. People seem to like a 330 MND Rikku USB. Glad that 6* Tiny Bee is good for something.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Nameless Pete posted:

Wow. People seem to like a 330 MND Rikku USB. Glad that 6* Tiny Bee is good for something.

You'll be rich in no time with those numbers!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nameless Pete posted:

I've got a Pirate Princess Faris up and I've been pulling similar numbers the last few days. Not sure if people bring her for the full break/wind debuff or if it's just the sheer number of dungeons to go through that means she comes up in rotation a lot.

Also I think I'm gonna finish the IX banners only an hour or so after the X banners go up. I'm finally catching up to things.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 21, 2017

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Is Rikku USB not a fixed duration? My RW has 342 mind, but I guess I got in after the Rikku USB zeitgeist.

FruitPunchSamurai fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 22, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Is Rikku USB not a fixed duration? My RW has 342 mind, but I guess I got in after the Rikku USB zeitgeist.
i dont believe the duration of the stat boosts change, but the haste, protect and shell effects do care about mind

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

The +ATK/MAG buff is set at 25s but for the others (green numbers on top = amount of MND):

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
"minor growth egg"

what the gently caress is this poo poo

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
sweet jiminy christmas

after so many tries against so many different bosses ending around 70-75% at best(with one Fenrir run where he had 30% left drat his AoE slow) I finally clear my first magicite dingus.

He was an rear end in a top hat in the first place.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

iPodschun posted:

The +ATK/MAG buff is set at 25s but for the others (green numbers on top = amount of MND):

Hold on, Protect & Shell last 50 seconds at 500 MND?

I've been refreshing at ~30s in some Magicites thinking they were about to fall off

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Armitage posted:

sweet jiminy christmas

after so many tries against so many different bosses ending around 70-75% at best(with one Fenrir run where he had 30% left drat his AoE slow) I finally clear my first magicite dingus.

He was an rear end in a top hat in the first place.

Congrats! I only managed to beat Bismark myself. Makes you feel good, and like there aren't any others-nope nope nope!

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Holy poo poo $1 draw on X.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

iamsosmrt posted:

noice.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

iamsosmrt posted:

Quick, buy a lottery ticket

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I dumped another 100 mythril on the prompto banner, because I am utterly insistent on getting Noctis LMR:

2/11

Prompto SSBx2

I then took a nap on it, and pulled again:

3/11

Aranea LMR
Prompto LMR
Noctis BSB (dupe)

I feel like the game is loving with me at this point. I believe this is my White Whale, though I am completely F2P.

Only reason I spent another 100 mythril (for the kids at home counting, that's now 300 mythril on this goddamn banner) was because from what events should be coming up next, and what events I likely haven't completed, i should be seeing roughly 350 mythril coming in, which would come to about 300 mythril after refreshes if all goes according to plan. I figured I could blow some, because why not, it's a game, and it's my "money".

At this point, I am only missing Aranea OSB/SSB and Noctis LMR, so 9/12 is right at the line where it's clear I am not going to get what I want from this banner. RNG Jesus hates me enough to deny me my spoils.

At least I have a half complete Aranea and a complete Prompto to show for it...

Oh, here's my spoils:

Prompto SSBx4
Prompto BSB
Prompto USB
Prompto LMR
Aranea BSB
Aranea LMR
Iris BSBx2
Noctis BSBx2
Noctis SSB

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Don't forget that you need around 450 mythril for the fest in march and even more for any fest they end up doing for the holidays.

I was figuring out what I can actually pull on with all this extra mythril and it is surprising how quickly it'll disappear.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

Don't forget that you need around 450 mythril for the fest in march and even more for any fest they end up doing for the holidays.

I was figuring out what I can actually pull on with all this extra mythril and it is surprising how quickly it'll disappear.

Yeah, I figure I should save some, I am probably not going to pull on FFTA banner because I don't care, but I may pull on FF3 banner because I want OK relics (I only have his sword), and was planning on pulling on FFT/FFT0/FF15.

Past that I don't really see anything I'm interested in.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Never chase a single relic.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Always chase a single relic.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Uninstall this game and go live in the mountains.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

FINALLY completed bismark, but it was at 49 seconds. I did mess up a couple times, but uh, I never want to do that again :|

That was my first Magicite.

Used ysh/noctis/alphinaud/lightning/ramza.

If someone got hit twice in a row, then it was a wipe. If I didn't hit a button within 2 seconds once things got started, it was a wipe. Once things were setup, had to remember to re-cast elara's wall, because I forgot that i had to re-cast it, otherwise it was a wipe. Noctis was on SSB duty, ramza's job was to cast shout, and be a wrathbot for lightning osb/usb, alphinaud was 30/30 and offhealer, yshtola was straight healer, which her being half LD dived was extremely helpful

I don't like fights like this, tbh.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Oct 22, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ZiegeDame posted:

Never chase a single relic.

Fister Roboto posted:

Always chase a single relic.

i am super tempted to pull on the FFXV renewal banner because i have airstep sword and noctis lmr which makes him easily my best character and puts me pretty close to all of the stuff for him. disappointment here i come!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

KPC_Mammon posted:

Don't forget that you need around 450 mythril for the fest in march

huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The only Mithril I need is for the FFTA banner and my bros there :colbert:

• Locked thread