Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

The Cameo posted:

It is? Kevin Kelly booked his tickets for it yesterday. I don't know if Callis is flying out for it, though.

The Road To shows aren't in English, though, which you might be mistaking the actual show for since they made the loving "Road To" part of the logo as tiny as possible. Power Struggle isn't until the 5th.

One of my friends that subscribes to NJPW said the next English show was WK. I haven't had a chance to check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

One of my friends that subscribes to NJPW said the next English show was WK. I haven't had a chance to check.

He must have been assuming that because last year's didn't have an English commentary, but:

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/921097831909416960

Suggests that this year's will. The only things that probably won't have English commentary in 2018 will be Road To shows for obvious reasons and the middle chunk of the G1, although Kelly did apparently tell people he felt odd not going on the road with the rest of the crew, so they might do Kelly/Rocky or something for G128's regular block shows. Who knows.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
EDIT: Yeah I couldn't find anything else, that tweet is basically the only "official" evidence.

I did see this though, gotta work that Bushiroad contract:

https://twitter.com/Dragoborne/status/920273201900523521

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 21, 2017

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Knowing Kenny he probably plays the TCG's anyway.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/921532975795310592https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/921532975795310592

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Im at a nine inch nails show and have seen at least 9 bullet club shirts

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thauros posted:

Nagata and Nakanishi's anniversary show is tomorrow and is going to be on NJPW World, tho tbh it's not really a particularly noteworthy card aside from the main.

Yeah looks pretty missable but that main is probably gonna be real good (a Nakanishi match :stare:)

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

gif Probst posted:

I was at an art museum last weekend and saw a girl in a BC shirt. It really isn't an uncommon thing these days.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dude, that reaction at Power Struggle is brutal. Poor guy. :(

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

gif Probst posted:

I'm at a Stardom show in Taiwan and I've seen about 20 LIJ shirts, a Yano shirt, an Okada shirt, a Penta El 0M mask, a Captain Taiwan mask and a Stone Cold hat but no Bullet Club stuff.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Also congratulations to the new number one contender to the AJPW Triple Crown Championship YOSHITATSU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's gonna win too

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Per Meltz Riddle isn't doing tag league

But Jeff Cobb is

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Lid posted:

Per Meltz Riddle isn't doing tag league

But Jeff Cobb is

And if rovert was right, it's because Meltz spilled the beans too early. But things could of changed since then

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I just got front row tickets to see Okada wrestle in Melbourne in 3 weeks and it feels very good.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

go slex

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/921922084254597121

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well deserved too, and it's gonna last at least another 60+

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the iwgp heavyweight championship has not changed hands at wrestlekingdom since 2011 when satoshi kojima dropped it to hiroshi tanahashi. i could see okada straight up retaining but at the same time...who's left to challenge him?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

okada has the 2nd most defenses ever. insane.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Troxartas posted:

And if rovert was right, it's because Meltz spilled the beans too early. But things could of changed since then

what changed is someone clued them into to how much weed that riddle loves

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gif Probst posted:

the iwgp heavyweight championship has not changed hands at wrestlekingdom since 2011 when satoshi kojima dropped it to hiroshi tanahashi. i could see okada straight up retaining but at the same time...who's left to challenge him?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i would fukcing fly there

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

gif Probst posted:

yeah it's never happened since they started doing the briefcase after the BR takeover and it's clearly time to change that. I do think it's impressive that Okada doesn't feel remotely stale despite being champ for almost the entire period of time since Dominion 2015 (Naito's 70 day reign being the only hiccup).

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gif Probst posted:

swear to god if he retains and they rob me of seeing the iwgp heavyweight champion wrestle ar fox in a gym outside st louis I'll burn the tokyo dome to the ground

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thauros posted:

yeah it's never happened since they started doing the briefcase after the BR takeover and it's clearly time to change that. I do think it's impressive that Okada doesn't feel remotely stale despite being champ for almost the entire period of time since Dominion 2015 (Naito's 70 day reign being the only hiccup).

kazuchika okada is the best wrestler in the history of professional wrestling.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

At which point he'll cross the combined reign total, too.

I think I did the math at one point and he'll hold the record by two days, one if you don't count the 4th itself. There's 74 days until Wrestle Kingdom, he's at 1,286 right now. Tanahashi has 1,358 total days.

He'll still be six defenses short of Tanashi's total of 28 defenses after WK12, though, but in time, he'll beat that, too. He'll have also beaten the combined reign days total by three reigns - Tanahashi's total is spread across all seven reigns, and Okada's only on his fourth. He's gonna stack another couple hundred days on that total days as champ before he's done for good. He's already at a legendary status and he's not even loving 30. Has anyone added up how many ****+ matches he's had from Dave this year? It has to be a record, I'm sure, or close to it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gif Probst posted:

kazuchika okada is the best wrestler in the history of professional wrestling.
i take no real issue with this statement

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Cameo posted:

At which point he'll cross the combined reign total, too.

I think I did the math at one point and he'll hold the record by two days, one if you don't count the 4th itself. There's 74 days until Wrestle Kingdom, he's at 1,286 right now. Tanahashi has 1,358 total days.

He'll still be six defenses short of Tanashi's total of 28 defenses after WK12, though, but in time, he'll beat that, too. He'll have also beaten the combined reign days total by three reigns - Tanahashi's total is spread across all seven reigns, and Okada's only on his fourth. He's gonna stack another couple hundred days on that total days as champ before he's done for good. He's already at a legendary status and he's not even loving 30. Has anyone added up how many ****+ matches he's had from Dave this year? It has to be a record, I'm sure, or close to it.

his ratio for all matches he has had this year being ****+ is 85%. including prelim tags.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

okada is not my favorite wrestler, but i think he is flawless in the literal sense of the word. i only started watching in the late 90s and njpw 5ish years ago, but if he retired tomorrow i'd have no problem entertaining the idea that he is already the best wrestler of my generation.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope kenny omega never beats kazuchika okada.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he already has

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Reading the HOF stuff in this weeks Observer and Okada pretty much is 100% first ballot Hall of Famer in 2019. Still hard to believe he's only 30

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

put on my tombstone that i can't believe okada is only (whatever his age is when i die, probably 40)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Reading the HOF stuff in this weeks Observer and Okada pretty much is 100% first ballot Hall of Famer in 2019. Still hard to believe he's only 30

he has the best dropkick in wrestling history too its not fair

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Cavauro posted:

put on my tombstone that i can't believe okada is only (whatever his age is when i die, probably 40)

Put on my tombstone Okada doing a tombstone (preferably to my tombstone)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It really is incredible. I think sometimes us Internet fans try too hard to go against the grain, so we search for flaws or excuses that don't exist just so we can say "durr not actually that good." And there's nothing we hate more than a long title reign, so we can bitch about "burying talent" or "cleaning out the division."

Yet Okada's been so good in every match, and done such a great job representing the company as champ, that those complaints fizzled away. We really are witnessing greatness in front of our eyes.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

He has unfinished business with Omega, he could wrestle Ibushi or have a match with Big Mike or Juice. He hasn't wrestled Tanahashi in a while so they could do a program to show that Okada has definitely surpassed them (since I think their last match was a draw?) and then throw in some title defences against those guys' buddies, sidekicks or underlings and you have enough material to last you through until WK13.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

He has unfinished business with Omega, he could wrestle Ibushi or have a match with Big Mike or Juice. He hasn't wrestled Tanahashi in a while so they could do a program to show that Okada has definitely surpassed them (since I think their last match was a draw?) and then throw in some title defences against those guys' buddies, sidekicks or underlings and you have enough material to last you through until WK13.

you forgot toru yano whose match would have the scariest nearfalls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

recreate the Bullet Club dissension with Toru Yano in the Tama Tonga role posting pictures of him and Nakamura beating up young boy Okada with captions about how he misses the OG CHAOS

• Locked thread