Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fart Car '97 posted:

Fuze is the guy with the LMG that you can just hose things down with while laughing and also you can put a silencer on it for some reason which is Kool because you can hose down walls without leaving tracers

Actually, unless they fixed it, every round from a silenced gun leaves a tracer, just a much less noticeable one. By comparison, only the first round from an unsilenced gun leaves a tracer. Silencers are great on LMGs though because they eliminate muzzle flash, which makes it much, much easier to aim them since LMGs tend to have pretty explosive muzzle flash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxAMncgVC_4&t=276s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Penpal posted:

Is Fuze not supposed to be able to use his gadget on the 2nd floor of Plane reliably? A lot of the times it goes through but sometimes one puck sits right below your heels and it sends you to hell. It's happened to me and I've won a match recently because the last fuze boned himself

Your grenades bounce and will kill you in tight quarters.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

The only get more ammo if Ela gets another 50 rounds in her gun and tactical short shorts

I am willing to pay this price as an ela player

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Actually, unless they fixed it, every round from a silenced gun leaves a tracer, just a much less noticeable one. By comparison, only the first round from an unsilenced gun leaves a tracer.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works now, I definitely see large groups of tracers coming from unsuppressed guns all the time.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
cyber athletes have been arguing about silencers for years now

i've seen ppl have full blown meltdowns about how the damage reduction is a literal game changer to them because you have to shoot someone with 3 bullets instead of 2 when the rate of fire for a MP7 is like literally nearly loving 1000 RPM anyway.

realistically in most indoor firefights i've seen a suppressor works well enough for people that know how to use existing sounds to cover their movement and terribly for people that don't ever relocate after being spotted. if you want to be tactic00l you should use them, its pretty much as simple as that imo.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Your grenades bounce and will kill you in tight quarters.

The killcam showed one puck shoot downwards into the room below me, then the second, but the third didn't "leave" the gadget. The first two pucks didn't hit me at all, only the third did. If you mean tight quarters in that third floor isn't high enough over the second to be able to fuze without you taking damage, this is the first time I've heard of it. I've never had anyone warn me saying "you're fuzing server on plane? Naw dude bad strat" and people online loooove telling whoever picks fuze how to roll

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

its cuz the tiles separating the server from the main floor is thicker than most other floors, so the pucks can get stuck inside it, which then kills you.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Thief posted:

cyber athletes have been arguing about silencers for years now

i've seen ppl have full blown meltdowns about how the damage reduction is a literal game changer to them because you have to shoot someone with 3 bullets instead of 2 when the rate of fire for a MP7 is like literally nearly loving 1000 RPM anyway.

realistically in most indoor firefights i've seen a suppressor works well enough for people that know how to use existing sounds to cover their movement and terribly for people that don't ever relocate after being spotted. if you want to be tactic00l you should use them, its pretty much as simple as that imo.

Damage reduction from silencer is the silliest thing to argue about vehemetly in a game with 1HKO headshots.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Fart Car '97 posted:

Fuze is the guy with the LMG that you can just hose things down with while laughing and also you can put a silencer on it for some reason which is Kool because you can hose down walls without leaving tracers

Fuze is my main guy but i think his AK is a way better option for just about every case. his LMG is fun, but i think you can actually get through more bullets faster with his AK just because of how quick it reloads and shoots

his AK is also one of the best ARs in the game

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Tumble posted:

Fuze is my main guy but i think his AK is a way better option for just about every case. his LMG is fun, but i think you can actually get through more bullets faster with his AK just because of how quick it reloads and shoots

his AK is also one of the best ARs in the game

Counterpoint: Using his LMG to just hose down walls and barricades with reckless abandon is just the best and you get like 400 rounds to do it with

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Roobanguy posted:

its cuz the tiles separating the server from the main floor is thicker than most other floors, so the pucks can get stuck inside it, which then kills you.

https://streamable.com/xzn9q

Case in point

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Fart Car '97 posted:

Counterpoint: Using his LMG to just hose down walls and barricades with reckless abandon is just the best and you get like 400 rounds to do it with

i feel like i'm gonna have to get some people together and do a recruit LMG rush to test this theory

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Someone give me a rundown of the last 4 weeks in 5 bugs or less.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Paradigmata posted:

Someone give me a rundown of the last 4 weeks in 5 bugs or less.

It broke really bad for a while, then became just bad.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Damage reduction from silencer is the silliest thing to argue about vehemetly in a game with 1HKO headshots.

Real talk, this is only true if you can hit what you aim at reliably. Otherwise, every bullet counts.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

slap me and kiss me posted:

Real talk, this is only true if you can hit what you aim at reliably. Otherwise, every bullet counts.

Real talk, go play Cooking Mama on your Nintendo DS or something if you have to make an "actually, you need to aim for that" argument in an FPS game like Siege.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Real talk, go play Cooking Mama on your Nintendo DS or something if you have to make an "actually, you need to aim for that" argument in an FPS game like Siege.

Sure thing, cool guy.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Peekers advantage isn't a problem if you always get Better than Mama rank :smug:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Peekers advantage isn't a problem if you always get Better than Mama rank :smug:

Yes, it just exists and has to be considered. It has never been a problem to me in Siege, or CS before it. :shrug:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

bug report:

a player shot me before i shot them and its definitely the game's fault.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Thief posted:

bug report:

a player shot me before i shot them and its definitely the game's fault.

Have you tried shooting sooner?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

too busy trying to decide which mask will enrage silvers more when i don't step foot in the house until the last 30 seconds:

having made a cyber barbie outfit for every character in the game now, i won't stop opening alpha packs until i get the tiny alpha pack charm

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Thief posted:

too busy trying to decide which mask will enrage silvers more when i don't step foot in the house until the last 30 seconds:

having made a cyber barbie outfit for every character in the game now, i won't stop opening alpha packs until i get the tiny alpha pack charm

gimp glaz is best glaz.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I am on the quest to get Blood Orchid getups for everyone. Already got the JTF2 and half the Spetsnaz ops done, afterwards I guess the SAS and the GSG9 ops will be the priority.

They are so expensive :negative:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

they're actually surprisingly cheaper than the other cool stuff imo

but trying to buy them for everyone is definitely taxing

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

At least some are pointless - BOPE and FBI are already dressed in black, and most ops have black default headgear.

But yes, I can't imagine saving 27,000 renown for cosmetics. Or even for a dlc operator.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Azran posted:

At least some are pointless - BOPE and FBI are already dressed in black, and most ops have black default headgear.

But yes, I can't imagine saving 27,000 renown for cosmetics. Or even for a dlc operator.

I bought all operators with renown. And plenty of cosmetic poo poo also.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Year 2 Season Pass is 40% off right now on the uplay store, btw.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Fart Car '97 posted:

hmm so actually a squad of 3-4 LMGers is incredibly effective at defending quickly-planted bomb defusers. To the point where by the 3rd round of it nobody even bothered to try and come in to the Kafe kitchen because we were just hosing down the doorways non-stop.

we chewed up the entire room.

i think i have a new favorite Recruit Rush tactic.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

HIbana is fun, please give her a bunch of costumes like Ash has.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Hey Hard, are we ever going to get an option to report toxic players? Just had a ranked match where these two did nothing but spam the entire match:

Triggs fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 23, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Triggs posted:

Hey Hard, are we ever going to get an option to report toxic players? Just had a ranked match where these two did nothing but spam the entire match:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/Channel

Take a screenshot, attach it.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Although you might want to attach a slightly larger screenshot though, so that the chat can be read! :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Constellation I posted:

Year 2 Season Pass is 40% off right now on the uplay store, btw.

Purchased :homebrew:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/785zwc/so_i_made_an_anime_opening_for_siege/

This is amazing

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

pretty good but not enough running against a sunset in the background 9/10

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Does the renown booster start from the day you purchase the season pass, and go from there? Or will it be ending when the new season starts? I'm assuming the former. I may get the season pass, but I only recently spent some $$$ on the year 1 bundle and might hold off. I also unlocked two DLC operators grinding poorbux so it will probably feel like 50k renown was wasted. I really wish there was some sort of half renown returned if you already unlocked an op and then buy the pass

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So launching this game for the first time in a long time after needing an actual populated PC Shooter. The game feels really different. One thing I'm noticing is that I'm doing way better now. I feel like hitting enemies is more responsive, player movement is much better (anims seem smoother and move at a better speed, but that could just be me), and the brightness seems better (had to crank it up to eye-searing levels just to see near launch). I'm really impressed with how much work the game's gotten.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Penpal posted:

Does the renown booster start from the day you purchase the season pass, and go from there? Or will it be ending when the new season starts? I'm assuming the former. I may get the season pass, but I only recently spent some $$$ on the year 1 bundle and might hold off. I also unlocked two DLC operators grinding poorbux so it will probably feel like 50k renown was wasted. I really wish there was some sort of half renown returned if you already unlocked an op and then buy the pass

Renown boost lasts for the relevant season/year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/mPsoiGx.mp4

Pubbies :negative:

• Locked thread