Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

dogsicle posted:

it's okay, because both todoroki and bakugo have better ships than with deku

What's the todoroki ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

SyntheticPolygon posted:

A quiet Uke like Todoroki needs an older, assertive Seme, like Endeavor.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i ship todokori fire side of his face with the water side of his face

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

todoyami

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Calibanibal posted:

the water side of his face

time to die bitch

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku will wind up with everyone, get outed as a playboy, and wind up alone just like his hero All Might.

:unsmigghh:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Is All Might incel or volcel?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Fabricated posted:

Unfortunately Japanese schools don't do prom or anything really like it. There's festivals, but given the sports festival I'd be terrified of what the cultural festival might turn out to be if I was a student at UA.

You're right, but I t's not like Horikoshi hasn't already drawn 2 spreads with the cast dressed like they're going to prom. And the Japanese fans would have at least heard of the idea after Spider-Man: Homecoming, if they have even have a cursory interest in super heroes outside of MHA ...right? Yeah, it's probably asking too much

Rhonne posted:

The arc ends with Ashido getting everyone to break dance.

:yeah:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Scholtz posted:

If All Might sexes up a girl an get her pregnant. Does the baby get One for all or does the woman get One for all?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I almost feel like All Might is too pure for that question.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Can't wait for the epic showdown between all for cum and cum for all

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hihohe posted:

If All Might sexes up a girl an get her pregnant. Does the baby get One for all or does the woman get One for all?

there's an actual answer to that and it is neither

all might doesn't have o4a anymore but even if he did, he has to want the person to inherit his quirk to pass it on

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Scholtz posted:

Considering he saw what happened with his master and her family I kinda imagine All Might decided it wouldn't be a good idea to have a family. And that doesn't even count finding out that Shiggy is his master's grandchild.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SyntheticPolygon posted:

According to google, Deku.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
All Might had ladies all over him at the beach when training Deku, and he's, you know, the greatest hero ever. He could easily find a partner if he wanted to. So, he presumably doesn't, for whatever reasons.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

All Might had ladies all over him at the beach when training Deku, and he's, you know, the greatest hero ever. He could easily find a partner if he wanted to. So, he presumably doesn't, for whatever reasons.

he's gonna be deku's new dad of course, duh

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

as a huge fan of the school side of this series, i was just hoping for a culture festival arc to follow this one. no idea what it would be though, other than Mei forcing her latest creations on passersby.

well drat I know what I want now

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kild posted:

shame about everything else ESPECIALLY THE LAST ARC tho

what was wrong with the last arc? (aside from taking a few years off between chapters)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Scholtz posted:

You already know who the incel is.

All Might's definitely abstaining on purpose. And that's assuming he'd actually have time for a relationship. Let's not forget that until very recently, he was such a saving-people addict that he repeatedly walked out of the same conversation.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

MonsterEnvy posted:

I enjoyed this stuff.

Same. I really got pumped with this chapter. The fact that Overhaul is all 'if you keep holding her, you will be erased from her quirk. Only I can stop it', and Dekus answer is 'well if I keep breaking every single bit of my body, she won't be able to regress me any further, will she' without any fear of the pain or of potentially dying, because he Will Not Let Go is cool.

Edit: I seriously don't think there's any better time for him to go 100% than this. Him going 100% to defeat an enemy would make him the strongest and beat a strong bad guy. Him going beyond his safe point so he never lets Eri get hurt or feel scared of hurting him is so much more evocative of heroism than just beating a bad guy.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Oct 22, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

I seriously don't think there's any better time for him to go 100% than this.

how about considerably later in the series? like in a final battle against shigaraki where it would feel particularly climactic and actually earned

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

dogsicle posted:

how about considerably later in the series? like in a final battle against shigaraki where it would feel particularly climactic and actually earned

Okay, but this gives you a preview of what is to come, and is obviously not going to be the new status quo. It's him going beyond when pushed to to save innocents. That's way more important to what One for All is, compared to it being used for a climactic battle.

The battle being secondary to the defense of an innocent is a key point in this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I feel like this arc is going to be a big jumping-off-point for Deku's power level. Not only did he survive 20% without breaking himself, he's getting a taste of using 100% for more than one move.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If you're mad about him using 100% at this point, just think about how many notebooks he's gonna fill about it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I can't believe anyone here HONESTLY THINKS 100% will be the limit for an ability in a shonen manga.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

KittyEmpress posted:

Okay, but this gives you a preview of what is to come, and is obviously not going to be the new status quo. It's him going beyond when pushed to to save innocents. That's way more important to what One for All is, compared to it being used for a climactic battle.

he already did this to defeat muscular and that fight was ridiculously divisive and in the end it hosed him up so bad that he wasn't supposed to ever be going 100% again until his body could actually handle it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think most people are against 100% being used in and of itself. Just that it's in an arc people aren't fond of and think is underwhelming and against a villain people aren't fond of and think is underwhelming.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Scholtz posted:

I can't believe anyone here HONESTLY THINKS 100% will be the limit for an ability in a shonen manga.

Luffy's on, what, 4th gear now?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Obviously there's gonna be a 5th gear I mean, come on. Luffy hasn't even hit the expected limit yet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think most people are against 100% being used in and of itself. Just that it's in an arc people aren't fond of and think is underwhelming and against a villain people aren't fond of and think is underwhelming.
That's about the size of it. I keep hoping and trying to think of this arc as a minor sidestory, or a filler arc, but it's trying to be major and important, and I kind of wish it wouldn't.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Him hitting 100% is fine if he squashes Overhaul flat in three moves.

If this turns into a real fight it's lame.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Obviously there's gonna be a 5th gear I mean, come on. Luffy hasn't even hit the expected limit yet.
I just hope his last transformation is referred to as top gear.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i don't think i would mind deku going 100% even in this arc if they hadn't rushed into this bit

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Scholtz posted:

I don't think anyone has said anything like that. 100% is just all might's power and deku is gonna get stronger than him. that's how shonen and one for all work

people don't like that the stuff about how he needs to stop hurting himself and learn to fight without doing that is being thrown out the window while eri's riding piggyback with deku

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SatansBestBuddy posted:

what was wrong with the last arc? (aside from taking a few years off between chapters)

I read it a while ago and maybe it was the scans but it was kinda bad. Everything up to the second phase of the Shaman Tournament or whatever I enjoyed tho, and Good Chichi is a cool character.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

KittyEmpress posted:

Same. I really got pumped with this chapter. The fact that Overhaul is all 'if you keep holding her, you will be erased from her quirk. Only I can stop it', and Dekus answer is 'well if I keep breaking every single bit of my body, she won't be able to regress me any further, will she' without any fear of the pain or of potentially dying, because he Will Not Let Go is cool.

Edit: I seriously don't think there's any better time for him to go 100% than this. Him going 100% to defeat an enemy would make him the strongest and beat a strong bad guy. Him going beyond his safe point so he never lets Eri get hurt or feel scared of hurting him is so much more evocative of heroism than just beating a bad guy.

It's cool for exactly why you described. Everything involving Deku, Mirio, and Eri has been fairly good. I particularly appreciate Mirio's bit about capes, and Deku refusing to make the same mistake again (putting Eri down).

It's just that Overhaul feels like the villain in one of those Naruto feature films where they have to get through 90 minutes without significantly altering the status quo. I get why people are grumpy about it.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Shere posted:

It's cool for exactly why you described. Everything involving Deku, Mirio, and Eri has been fairly good. I particularly appreciate Mirio's bit about capes, and Deku refusing to make the same mistake again (putting Eri down).

It's just that Overhaul feels like the villain in one of those Naruto feature films where they have to get through 90 minutes without significantly altering the status quo. I get why people are grumpy about it.

Wow, you got the feeling down perfectly. Overhaul feels like a non-canon anime movie villain.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mr. Fowl posted:

Wow, you got the feeling down perfectly. Overhaul feels like a non-canon anime movie villain.
Yeah, that's exactly it.

This whole arc feels like a filler movie. The only characters who're having consequences are the ones introduced during it, and the main villains are clowning all over the new guys.

Guess that makes Eri-100 the anime-movie-exclusive power-up that never gets mentioned again? :shrug: So it's not Deku going Super Saiyan, it's him going fake-Super-Saiyan from the Lord Slug movie.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The arc has had some important characterisation beats, character introductions and cool character growth so I don't think it's fair to call it filler.

None of that has really involved Overhaul though.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Mirio interrupting Overhaul's victory monologue by hitting him in the face with an unconscious mook was one of my favorite moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

if all-might doesnt have an on-again off-again love interest superheroine who just hasnt been introduced yet, i will eat my hat