Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

"Person I don't like as a literal talking, farting butt" is a shockingly strong genre

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

"Person I don't like as a literal talking, farting butt" is a shockingly strong genre

Or, as we call it here in the UK, "political cartooning"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Yeah how dare this politician hide behind bodies and throw attacks.

Gun control? You're trying to take all of our guns and lock up gun owners while the bodies are still warm?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sorry but didn't Trump START this poo poo with his "No other president has ever called families before" comment? Which lead to fact checking which lead to him making extra calls which lead, inevitably, to him saying something stupid in front of a witness who can actually make noise (which lead, inevitably, to attacking the witness instead of, I don't know, owning up to your mistake and apologizing).

Oh and PS: the motherfucking party of "how DARE you attack the president during a time of war!!?? You'll embolden the terrorists!!" don't ever get to say the other side is hiding behind our troops. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE ISSUE IS HOW OUR TROOPS ARE BEING TREATED!

Edit: PPS:
https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/921442268321665030

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 21, 2017

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Wheres this "im a rock star " coming from.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Exactly enough footprints in that Lester cartoon to write "The political cartoonist Mike Lester beats his wife", just throwing that out there. Also a lot of putting words in dead soldier's mouths today.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Fister Roboto posted:

This system of gears wouldn't be able to move even without the wrench.

So it's actually an apt metaphor for the Eurozone, then.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hihohe posted:

Because she’s a black woman that wears a hat?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hihohe posted:

"You mean to tell me that I have become so important that the White House is following me and my words This is amazing. That's amazing. That is absolutely phenomenal. I'll have to tell my kids that I'm a rock star now," a laughing Wilson said to local news organizations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hihohe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8FwRLbeKdU&t=15s

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Looking like a fool.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
JRRose's Trump is pretty much exactly how Asay would have drawn him, like a kindly grandfather.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If you want to destroy my legacy

Hold this thread as I walk away

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Obama has no arms, only enormous green and black striped ears.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Who's the white guy in the Cosby sweater and where'd he get Obama's legacy?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
That kind of normalizing of Trump that JRRose does is probably one of the more irritating things in polititoons.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Ularg posted:

That kind of normalizing of Trump that JRRose does is probably one of the more irritating things in polititoons.

Ha ha, it's just good ol' lovable Trump undoing his predecessor's legacy out of pure spite. what a lovable oaf!

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

He draws Trump as if he's Jeffy from Family Circus at 71 years old.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Jabberlock posted:

Ha ha, it's just good ol' lovable Trump undoing his predecessor's legacy out of pure spite. what a lovable oaf!

Obama is set for life and is probably less bothered by his legacy being unraveled than some random guy whose sick wife will die without good insurance for a reasonable price.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Looking like a fool.

Haha yeah Hollywood is hosed up

https://twitter.com/MarkMazzettiNYT/status/921790785623937024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Shangri-Law School posted:

Every single liberal cartoonist would be blaring "NIGER" until it was the next Benghazi, if the left had the same propaganda apparatus and lack of decency as the right.

I don't think there'd be anything wrong with making a big issue of Niger right now, since there's a lot still unknown about what happened. The problem with "BENGHAZI" is that they continued to insist there was some nefarious conspiracy even after it had been repeatedly debunked.

It's projection, isn't it? Conservatives forgive any horrible behavior from people on their side, so they assume liberals do the same for someone like Weinstein, no matter how much liberals shout that they're disgusted by Weinstein's behavior. It seems obvious, but I'm just now making the connection.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 22, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
they're fixating on weinstein in an attempt to try and make people forget that they put a dotty old racist in charge of the movement.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

they're fixating on weinstein in an attempt to try and make people forget that they put a dotty old rapist in charge of the movement.

Fixed.

E: I mean you're not wrong but I'm guessing this is what they're trying to distract from via Weinstein. That and the blowback from them lying that the NFL was failing.

Somfin fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 22, 2017

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Conservative does Bad Thing

Liberal: They did a Bad Thing and should suffer consequences for it
Conservative: NUH UH THEY DIDN'T DO IT OR IF THEY DID IT WAS ACTUALLY A GOOD THING AND YOUR SIDE DOES IT TOO WHY ARE YOU BEING SO MEAN

Liberal does Bad Thing

Liberal: They did a Bad Thing and should suffer consequences for it
Conservative: SEE THIS IS CLEARLY PROOF THAT ALL LIBERALS ARE BAD AND EVIL AND SHOULD DIE FOREVER AND WE NEVER DO STUFF LIKE THIS NO IGNORE THOSE TIMES WE DID THEY DIDN'T HAPPEN

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Early into Trump's presidency I saw a lot of cartoons like this from smug right-wingers. Problem is, this is too accurate. This is Trump's only loving motivation. Nothing else matters. This is literally all he's about.
And evidently I have to clarify this since so many of them are celebrating it but that's not a good thing. That's policy out of spite.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Does anyone outdo Tinsley when it comes to pure, bitter, petty spite? I'm surprised they can even print the drat things without the paper dissolving considering the sheer vitriol in each one.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Does anyone outdo Tinsley when it comes to pure, bitter, petty spite? I'm surprised they can even print the drat things without the paper dissolving considering the sheer vitriol in each one.

Garrison, Lester, Branco....

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Dafuq?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

At this point my mental picture of Tinsley is a sad balding shell of a man.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

We will never heal from Trump's damage. A disturbing cartoon from a Republican who has yet to denounce the fucker for anything substantial.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
There is a worse possibility.

https://twitter.com/SlacktivistFred/status/921888620641968128

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Fulchrum posted:

Garrison, Lester, Branco....

Gonna disagree here, Branco is sometimes as spiteful, but his true forte is pure pig ignorance and stupidity. Lester sometimes tells a joke which puts him out of the running. Garrison is mostly conspiracy nonsense and slobbering all over his Trump-sama. My mental picture of Tinsley is a shriveled husk animated only by a deep and spiteful hatred of every living thing, a being who feels nothing but misery and instead of seeking relief only wants others to suffer just as much.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Don't soil Toshiro Mifune's good name by defending the man bun.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Make a definitive statement on anything other than the Smithereens, you loving cowardly hack

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

E: Whoops, wrong hack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I like how none of these dead solider cartoons even stop to ask why the hell are we even loving around in Niger because we just accept America's Imperial Death Machine operating everywhere in the world as a normal state of affairs and not at all as something insane and stupid.

• Locked thread