Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
don't think I can get behind this new woman if she doesn't support the ABs, at least bill was the kind of guy you could have a beer and a yarn with while watching the ruggers.

e: poo poo posting on new fresh new page, for shame. For my sins, look at this thing about America politics: BBC Future created a composite face of all members of the US Senate and House of Representatives. Spoiler: the composite face looks like an air brushed Bush.

Any ideas what a composite of NZ parliament would look like? *posts a picture of Winston*

Xik fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

it makes u think

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I for one welcome our new Sorcerous Witch-Queen.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Didn't know we joined nato

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

I didn't know these losers existed until I heard they got disbanded from someone I share campus space with. Even the pro-life association managed to stuff our labs full of printouts, these guys just kind of yelled MAGA at AUSA staff and got banned or something? true revolutionaries imho

anyway if jacinda is secretly al pacino's character from scarface or something, sounds good to me

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Google that "historian" and be unsurprised.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Wait, that's serious?

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Somfin posted:

Google that "historian" and be unsurprised.

The rabbit hole goes deep with this guy

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I vaguely recognise his name and on that basis assume he was the guy the Herald gave space to last year to argue we should kick the Māori out because Vikings were here first.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
AUESA is Adam Holland's mates, they're a bunch of alt-right-ironic-trolling-but-haha-seriously fuckheads who would tell you earnestly 'haha we're just joking about being nazis' all the way through, including, and after kicking people to death.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
The Australian media are not taking the election well

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
10 years on the job == neophyte. Right.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

lol @ his fat smunt face

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I told you guys neophyte was the word to use.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

klen dool posted:

10 years on the job == neophyte. Right.

You just know if it was someone of their own stripes with questions being asked about a perceived lack of experience, they'd be portrayed as a dynamic political outsider coming in to blast the stuffy has-beens out of the establishment or something.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
John key had been in parliament for 6 years when he became prime minister. I don't remember any references to him being a neophyte.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Well you note he doesn't mention Austria having just elected a 31 year old.

I mean, it could be because he's not really concerned with politics outside of his own bubble, but it's just a nice coincidence that their leader happens to also be a man leading a conservative Christian party who built his reputation on keeping refugees out of the Fatherland.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I feel like trolling New Zealanders by telling them people are laughing at them is some kind of entry exam task for newspaper columnists.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
As opposed to the dignified statesman of Austral oh my god that is really how they see themselves

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The hell is wrong with these people and how are they getting published? They couldn't find dirt to bash Jacinda on so they revert to blatant sexism and just making poo poo up? Even bloody Trump got a week of "Give him a chance" as he continually shat the bed.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Goddamn the amount of salt is incredible. They had nine years in power to pretty much do everything they wanted with effectively no resistance. That's about as good of a run as anyone gets. But it's just never enough, is it? Some of them seem to think that the sky is literally falling now that they might have to endure a whole three years of opposition

Rahul fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 22, 2017

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I sincerly wish that every single person that posts on facebook et al "I guess we should just quit our jobs and life the sweet life on welfare" would actually fuckin do that. Please to god

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Never mind the reality that for most people day to day life will be near identical if not completely identical.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

NZH literally published the twitter chain from mark Richardson’s 6 dollar latte tweet and gave it a storm in a coffee cup headline.

How come no one likes real journalism anymore?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
all about page views my friend

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Then ?, then profit.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
am close to someone who works high up in stuff

and yes
coz then big companies give them hundreds of thousands of dollars

coz the page views

Smithersnz
May 10, 2005

We freaked out yesterday. Let's just freak in tonight
Soiled Meat
From the guy who beat Peters in Northland:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Then ?, then profit.
Page views = ad impressions = cost of advertising on page

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Smithersnz posted:

If they had 10 more seats than the left bloc then they would be in power!

Why are so many people so incredibly illiterate about our election process. What good is that retarded orange condom man if this is the general state of our electoral knowledge.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

JA is hinting that Winnie is going to take Foreign Affairs again

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Smithersnz posted:

:qq:

Oh cool, so they're going to be doing that whole THE GOVERNMENT IS ILLEGITIMATE bullshit for the next three years then.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

People need to look this word up.

Fuckers got a plurality. Not a majority.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Ron Mark is defence minister, loving lol

He's a living personification of Dunning Kruger.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

He has always been the NZ First spokesperson for it. I don’t think anyone in Labour stood out about it. I think he is also ex-Army so seems a fairly natural choice.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not like we have any armed forces.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Ron Mark is ex-army because he was in the army until his application for the SAS got rejected, at which point he quit and became a mercenary for a theocratic regime.

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 24, 2017

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
This isn't even stuff he tries to hide.

quote:

Ron completed two back to back tours and was repatriated in 1983, but was refused permission by his corps to be posted to NZSAS to complete his training - a decision which resulted in Ron leaving the NZ Army in 1985 as a Captain and taking up an offer of service with the Sultan of Oman's Land Forces and the Sultan's Special Force in the Dhofar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/CourtsofNZ/status/922670619971350528

• Locked thread