Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's why you can't see him. It's because he's a ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I feel this is a must buy now

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

remusclaw posted:

For what it's worth, it runs real good on my pc at max with a 970. No glitches yet but not looking for em either.

Yeah I love the gifs of all the dumb glitches, but in all my years of playing I have never seen any of the funny ones personally

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
2K/Yukes doesn't even do the simplest things right, such as recording recent title wins/losses

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

KungFu Grip posted:

2K/Yukes doesn't even do the simplest things right, such as recording recent title wins/losses

I remember them doing that in 2K17 too. The AWA World title had no history, despite Zbyszko and Hennig being in. It later was fixed in a patch

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Davros1 posted:

I remember them doing that in 2K17 too. The AWA World title had no history, despite Zbyszko and Hennig being in. It later was fixed in a patch

The games that Yokozuna were in never listed his Royal Rumble win

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I love the gifs of all the dumb glitches, but in all my years of playing I have never seen any of the funny ones personally

Did you play a lot of backstage stuff in the last game? That's where I saw all the glitches and I don't think I had a single backstage fight without encountering the "guy is permanently attached to a box after being hit by it" glitch.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Did you play a lot of backstage stuff in the last game? That's where I saw all the glitches and I don't think I had a single backstage fight without encountering the "guy is permanently attached to a box after being hit by it" glitch.

See, the solution is instead of fixing these patches, they should have WWE incorporate these glitches into their programming. Have a back room brawl where a guy gets stuck in a box and then rolls around back state

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The best part of the NLI midnight stream was when they used the backstage mode to just walk around the area as Konnor and Viktor, occasionally hitting each other and saying YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

Like they put a LOT of effort into rendering multiple backstage areas and having them all link together, but you wonder if maybe this effort could've gone into debugging more.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Maxwell Lord posted:

The best part of the NLI midnight stream was when they used the backstage mode to just walk around the area as Konnor and Viktor, occasionally hitting each other and saying YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

Like they put a LOT of effort into rendering multiple backstage areas and having them all link together, but you wonder if maybe this effort could've gone into debugging more.

It’s easier to add new arenas than to fix a messy code that’s probably older than half the players. I think they should take a couple programmers and have them start working on a brand new engine for 2k22. It will never happen because it’s easier and cheaper to just poo poo out the same game every year with enough new features to keep people coming back. I was hoping the jump to PS4/XBO would facilitate that change, but here we are.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
As long as people buy them, poo poo's not going to get fixed or change. By the time people have figured out that it's a buggy mess once again, 2K have your money.

If you want these games to get fixed, let alone get a real refresh, you have to not buy them. Nothing is going to change until 2K sees the sales figures drop.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Maxwell Lord posted:

Your artists aren't going to help much with debugging. Is there really much in the backstage areas that hasn't been done in previous games? Seems like the usual "play a canned animation at a specified point" that they've had for a decade now.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

pressedbunny posted:

If you want these games to get fixed, let alone get a real refresh, you have to not buy them. Nothing is going to change until 2K sees the sales figures drop.
They're far more liable to cancel the series than invest two or three times as much money as they have been.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Basic Chunnel posted:

They're far more liable to cancel the series than invest two or three times as much money as they have been.

The WWE way is to just keep producing a mediocre product until the casuals lose interest

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
One thing that stands out to me is how slowly they roll out discounts on the older games. Like out-of-date sports games are THE most common sight in cheap game sales but online they're still charging 60 bucks for 2k17 on the 360.

Gotta milk that niche.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Doubly bizarre because the games are always on heavy Black Friday discount for 35 bucks but then go back to full price and rarely budge.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So is the story stuff in 2K18 all pre-written or did they bring back a story creator?

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
Is it really worth paying any more than the basic price for WWE2k18 if all you want to do with it is make anime CAWs fight each other?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Spark That Bled posted:

Is it really worth paying any more than the basic price for WWE2k18 if all you want to do with it is make anime CAWs fight each other?

Probably.

I ended up buying the game because I’m an idiot and I wanted to play matches with 8 wrestlers.

The game is glitchy as hell but they always are at release. We’ll get a patch soon. 8 man matches have some minor frame rate issues, and they need to work on the targeting system for the referee as he sometimes is focused on people outside of the ring for no reason and misses pin falls. The new elimination chamber is actually pretty awesome, and 120 second intervals improve the mode drastically. The rumble is a little better too.

I usually just focus on exhibition and the creation suite, and the games fine for that. I have not tried the universe or career modes at all, and I do not plan on playing the online mode.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Spark That Bled posted:

if all you want to do is make CAWs fight then Fire Pro is probably an infinitely better game especially because you can tinker with shitloads of CPU logic and habits--the game was made with CPU simulation in mind. It's likely way better than whatever idiotic AI 2k is using.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
2k14 was the last one with all the creation options and modes, and you'd surely be able to pick that up dirt cheap.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

pressedbunny posted:

2k14 was the last one with all the creation options and modes, and you'd surely be able to pick that up dirt cheap.

To the new game's credit the creation tools are probably better than ever, apart from the remaining distinct lack of story mode.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

In universe mode, I booked Bray to go over Brock in a Falls Count Anywhere match as the third to last match, and EVERY time I finished the match, the game crashed. 5 times. Every time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

super macho dude posted:

In universe mode, I booked Bray to go over Brock

Spotted the glitch

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sky Shadowing posted:

To the new game's credit the creation tools are probably better than ever, apart from the remaining distinct lack of story mode.

Isn't MyCareer a bunch of scripted stories?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

It looks like the WWE2k18 bonus for the Supercard app is a QR code. If someone has a Cena (Nuff) edition QR code and is willing to send it to me shoot me a PM and I'll PayPal you $10.

EDIT: Haha wow... My offer stands but apparently people are selling them on eBay for way more.

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 19, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

super macho dude posted:

In universe mode, I booked Bray to go over Brock in a Falls Count Anywhere match as the third to last match, and EVERY time I finished the match, the game crashed. 5 times. Every time.

Is there a promo after it? or on the next show? Promos crash Universe mode.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

Is there a promo after it? or on the next show? Promos crash Universe mode.

Not that I recall, maybe. Anyway, I restarted Universe and vowed never to push Bray again.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Isn't MyCareer a bunch of scripted stories?

With breaks to do side quests of 'beat up Jey Uso backstage for 3 weeks in a row', ya

My guy is currently teaming with Kevin Owens to take on the super-team of AJ Styles and John Cena ahead of my main event match with AJ at Mania.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Does Xbox or ps4 have better community stuff or does PS4 dominate like most games?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Road to Glory is some garbage.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the best wwe game story was stevie richards replacing big show in the wrestlemania 2000 storyline for no mercy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://streamable.com/pso24

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm spending more time running slowly through backstage areas than I'd like and I'm still having more fun than I'd be if I were watching immaculately crafted wrestling bots fall down at one another

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ok. Did it.

Bought the deluxe version on PC :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yUGi2X42sQ

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Somebody has created a wrestling dick in Fire Pro.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Testekill posted:

Somebody has created a wrestling dick in Fire Pro.

I figured somebody would have made a CM Punk earlier.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

There are three hitlers and a stephen paddock

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Fat Lowtax posted:

There are three hitlers and a stephen paddock

3 Hitlers you say? A Third Reich if you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
you know, this was my first WWE game in years and its impressive how they already took a bland and bad game but somehow how made it worse by locking the only redeeming features of the series behind loot boxes