Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Why do you not want to play the game because characters kill themselves in it

If you were deathly afraid of spiders, would you like seeing highly detailed spiders in a video game you were enjoying?

Not the same thing but it's as close as I can describe. I used to have suicidal ideations going back to 3rd grade so I know first hand why it'd make someone uncomfortable to see that kind of thing. It's like you've got this really rotten feeling inside of you that you can't get rid of and it can be a bit of a shock having that piece of self unexpectedly brought to the surface by some leisure time, especially since you tend to be vulnerable during leisure time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

Okay I guess you do want to know

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/68490517?page=1

gamefaqs.png

edit: and according to other responses in that thread it was the second time that dude's posted that

seems reasonable to me. i mean the guy did his research, he says so right there!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

If you were deathly afraid of spiders, would you like seeing highly detailed spiders in a video game you were enjoying?

*starts punching furniture and stamping my feet* THIS

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

precision posted:

seems reasonable to me. i mean the guy did his research, he says so right there!

It really is a shame that anytime someone does some proper research on the internet he gets shouted down

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

I liked Inquisition more than most people here and I still think 'real good' is a stretch.

i think "real good" is fair, but "great" is just an indefensible claim

for me it's a solid F4G3

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Nina posted:

I really need to buy some coffee paraphernalia. I’ve been wanting an electronic grinder and a french press for a long time.

For coffee paraphernalia, I have used an AeroPress for years and it is magical. The extraction and cleaning process is as streamlined as one could possibly make it and if you like lighter roasts and subtler flavors it works really well for that

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I use an ordinary coffee maker from about ten years ago, features include a button you press to make coffee.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

coffee is the devil's brew (says the mtn dew drinker)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ciaphas posted:

coffee is the devil's brew (says the mtn dew drinker)

😬I’ll take the crab juice.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

why hasn't humanity invented caffeinated milk yet it's 2017 fer gently caress's sake

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

why hasn't humanity invented caffeinated milk yet it's 2017 fer gently caress's sake

Caffeinated milk from a cow. . Give u milk shakes!!! 😂😂😂

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Coffee is good. I enjoy drinking it while playing video games, especially video games where my character can drink coffee too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Raxivace posted:

Coffee is good. I enjoy drinking it while playing video games, especially video games where my character can drink coffee too.

Alan Wake is a great way to have a heart attack doin' that.

edit: The Evil Within 2 is a new great coffee video game as well.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ciaphas posted:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Coffee milk is amazing (I'm from RI so I might be biased)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ciaphas posted:

Lattes are good.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ciaphas posted:

Because coffee is delicious.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Knock knock it's Knuckles

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

CJacobs posted:

Alan Wake is a great way to have a heart attack doin' that.

edit: The Evil Within 2 is a new great coffee video game as well.

The best recent coffee game remains Persona 5. I can practically smell it when Sojiro and the MC whip up a brew.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Ciaphas posted:

Because they already market caffeinated water?

publishko
Feb 16, 2014
Coffee is delicious hot bean juice as long as you're grinding good coffee beans and not using poo poo like Maxwell House. Godot from Phoenix Wright 3 is the best coffee character.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

publishko posted:

Coffee is delicious hot bean juice as long as you're grinding good coffee beans and not using poo poo like Maxwell House. Godot from Phoenix Wright 3 is the best coffee character.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

publishko posted:

Godot will never dethrone the king.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ciaphas posted:

Actually if they ported the PW games to a console or the switch or PC then yes I would very probably disappear for several days for each one like I did with Ghost Trick

There are DS emulators, so that's like a PC port...

I think there are mobile versions of the original trilogy as well, although I have never heard good things associated with them.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Depends on your metrics I guess, Godot is pretty hardcore at least when it comes to quantity.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Also obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hey, for no reason let's see what Penny Arcade is up to these days

:lol: Funniest thing they've done in YEARS I tell you

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Three John K faces and a whiny nerd diatribe. Hilarious.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

oh god noooooooooooooo

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Fremdschämen up to here.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So does anyone know what the gently caress happened over at NeoGaf? Apparently a lot of the mods quit and the place is in chaos now? The only people really talking about it now are GamerGators so It's hard to parse together what's happening through the impotent rage. I don't post on NeoGaf so I don't really know the place that well.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

BigRed0427 posted:

So does anyone know what the gently caress happened over at NeoGaf? Apparently a lot of the mods quit and the place is in chaos now? The only people really talking about it now are GamerGators so It's hard to parse together what's happening through the impotent rage.

Apparently the owner was accused of sexual assault

al-azad
May 28, 2009

quote:

Gabe and Tycho during the height of gamergate: nada

Gabe and Tycho in response to EA doing the same thing EA always does: literal frothing rage

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

BigRed0427 posted:

So does anyone know what the gently caress happened over at NeoGaf? Apparently a lot of the mods quit and the place is in chaos now? The only people really talking about it now are GamerGators so It's hard to parse together what's happening through the impotent rage. I don't post on NeoGaf so I don't really know the place that well.
The owner turned out to be a sexual predator and because he fostered a community of people that despised such people, they are now all turning on him and burning the site to the ground.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gamers owning normies is epic

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Colonel posted:

i was gonna wait but i got silent hill 2 working on pcsx2 and now i want to replay it

Why not just play the PC port though

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Accordion Man posted:

The owner turned out to be a sexual predator and because he fostered a community of people that despised such people, they are now all turning on him and burning the site to the ground.

Also, it's been rumored for years but the mods always banned anyone who brought it up, and in fact are still doing so even though it's out in the open. If you go to neogaf and ask what's happening you will be permanently banned from the site.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

How has this guy managed to take what was already an ugly boring webcomic and make it even uglier and more boring over the years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Accordion Man posted:

It's like when the zombies ate the general in Day of the Dead.

• Locked thread