Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redacted
May 13, 2014
You know, for a team that has won two championships in the past three years, they sure do act like they never catch a break and it’s never their fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

klay thompson had a big ol' cry about mozgov setting a not even hard screen on him like a week after claiming a flying knee and a kick to the balls were pure basketball plays, and like 4 days before claiming a 3rd(4th?) nutshot of the playoffs was totally fine and its unbelievable anyone would call it dirty. crybaby rear end bitches

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
gently caress you Casey :(

https://streamable.com/q4luu

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I only watched the Mavs first game but man are they not deep enough to handle missing 3 rotation players. A team like this is ruined just missing one. Really doesn't help that Dirk, Barnes, and Matthews have all started the season shooting poorly. Would probably be better if they started Noel at center, Dirk at pf, Barnes at sf, Matthews at sg, and Yogi at point. (at least until DSJ, Curry, and Harris get back.) If they are going to have a bad season, I hope it's bad enough to get the number 1 pick. I get that Barnes was better at the 4 last season but Dirk at center might be rough this year.

It all started out so well with DSJ having a sweet first game, then he had a knee issue and apparently Matthews can't hit a shot this season unless DSJ passes it to him. I understand Matthews is the best perimeter defender on the team but I hope he shoots well enough to be valuable enough to trade at the deadline. I would like the team to give Noel and Curry decent deals (assuming they don't have terrible seasons.) They can at least build for a decent future with those two, DSJ, Barnes, Yogi, Finney-Smith, and their next draft pick.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 22, 2017

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Steph is such a bitch

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spacebump posted:

I only watched the Mavs first game but man are they not deep enough to handle missing 3 rotation players. A team like this is ruined just missing one. Really doesn't help that Dirk, Barnes, and Matthews have all started the season shooting poorly. Would probably be better if they started Noel at center, Dirk at pf, Barnes at sf, Matthews at sg, and Yogi at point. (at least until DSJ, Curry, and Harris get back.) If they are going to have a bad season, I hope it's bad enough to get the number 1 pick.

There is no way they will be as bad as the Suns.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CRISPYBABY posted:

uh i know neither of these teams are high tier but a murder was commited tonight and y'all really should watch it

Didn't watch that game but JJ was sick in the Magic game.

blue squares posted:

TIL how to pronounce Giannis

Yah-niss Ah-dee-toe-kuum-bo

Brogeoisie posted:

Giannis is so loving sick, that steal was incredible (he swipes at it with his left hand and steals with his right) and he made Nurkic look tiny on that block

He's getting Star calls on D, he manhandled Lillard like 3 times on that play

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Jazz are deep.

Also, the Raptors managed to get Powell and OG for Greisvis, incredible. Also, their bench is playing great. If Delon ever gets a jump shot, he will be gooooooooooooood.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kibner posted:

There is no way they will be as bad as the Suns.

It's going to be the same problem as last season, when everyone is healthy they will be too good to be the worst team but not good enough to ruin their draft status. Hopefully Silver rigs the draft so the Mavs can get a new Euro superstar. Luka has plenty of time to win his own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsabXeXqyPk

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The true NBA connoisseur gets around having to say Giannis's name by exclusively referring to him as Greek Freak

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/iraheatbeat/status/921965453588738049

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

This year’s Suns are the worst team I have seen the Clippers play in my entire life

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
That dunk is similar to the one on Drummond. Cocked that joint back and banged on him

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I feel like once you get past co-captains, one the wiley vet and one the best player, the label Captain starts to mean less.

I guess JJ can be the captain of black-belting people's asses when they try to start poo poo.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

straight up brolic posted:

This year’s Suns are the worst team I have seen the Clippers play in my entire life

Really, really curious to see how badly the Pelicans beat up the Lakers tomorrow. If it's a close game, I think the Suns might be OKish. If the Lakers get stomped, I'm thinking the Suns are 11-12 Bobcats bad, which really doesn't even make sense? They definitely have at least 2-3 NBA players on their roster

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Brogeoisie posted:

Really, really curious to see how badly the Pelicans beat up the Lakers tomorrow. If it's a close game, I think the Suns might be OKish. If the Lakers get stomped, I'm thinking the Suns are 11-12 Bobcats bad, which really doesn't even make sense? They definitely have at least 2-3 NBA players on their roster

Lakers are real bad at guarding anyone with range at the 4 or 5 though, the Pelicans are a rough matchup unless Lonzo continues his exponential growth and records his first quintuple double.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

BWV posted:

Steph is such a bitch

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

klay thompson had a big ol' cry about mozgov setting a not even hard screen on him like a week after claiming a flying knee and a kick to the balls were pure basketball plays, and like 4 days before claiming a 3rd(4th?) nutshot of the playoffs was totally fine and its unbelievable anyone would call it dirty. crybaby rear end bitches

"It's a man's league. I've heard a lot of bad things out there, but at the end of the day we're competitive people. I guess his [James] feelings just got hurt."

Klay is a cornball, anti weed, bitch baby idiot

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Spurs-Bulls was a crime against basketball.

Markkanen is charmingly handsome. He looks like he should be pummeling Rocky draped in a USSR flag.

Dejounte Murray has looked great so far.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Congratulations to the Perkeleator for his first NBA double double

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I thought Klay was a huge stoner.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/klay-thompson-no-recreational-marijuana/

quote:

"But not recreationally,” Thompson said. “That should not be of its use ever, "

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Steph curry gently caress off

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also holy gently caress Klay Thompson FFUCK OFF

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I always thought that was sarcasm

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Tyreke was born to play for Memphis

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Disillusionist posted:

Spurs-Bulls was a crime against basketball.

Markkanen is charmingly handsome. He looks like he should be pummeling Rocky draped in a USSR flag.

Dejounte Murray has looked great so far.

Probably not the best way to refer to someone who is Finnish.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you should refer to finns as Idiot, Moron and Dumbass imo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

dokmo posted:

Tyreke was born to play for Memphis

He played for the Tigers!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Watched Giannis highlights of the Blazers game and I thought his points were mainly putbacks or drives to the rim but man..he's making post up moves as well which makes him more scary. :ohnoes:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

quote:

Kevin Durant was also tossed after barking at an official. On his way to the locker room, Durant flashed his ring finger to the crowd amid a chorus of boos.

Hahah, c'mon Kev. Kevvy baby. Chill out.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahah, c'mon Kev. Kevvy baby. Chill out.

"Durant was then overheard in the locker room asking, 'man why do you gotta get a new email for a new twitter account?'"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Spoeank posted:

"Durant was then overheard in the locker room asking, 'man why do you gotta get a new email for a new twitter account?'"

drat

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

TV Zombie posted:

What's wrong with OKC right now?

They acquired Carmelo Anthony, a negative player who destroys team play on both ends of the ball and is also a lovely locker room presence

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

EvanTH posted:

They acquired Carmelo Anthony, a negative player who destroys team play on both ends of the ball and is also a lovely locker room presence

Team USA Melo?????!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Amazing that literally every person on this forum except Mourningview and Dokmo immediately acknowledged Giannis' imminent "better than Durant" MVP status the second they saw that picture of his face in his hand + the "smothie" tweet

CRISPYBABY posted:

uh i know neither of these teams are high tier but a murder was commited tonight and y'all really should watch it

my god it's a mirror image of his Drummond dunk

NBA fans should know video "James Johnson - December 19, 2014" time offset 64 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsIiB5OPy7U&t=63s

Papercut posted:

Holy mother of god. loving Globetrotter poo poo.

Also, I'm encouraged by this first week of Blazers play.

I disappointed with MYSELF last night cause I kept watching noncompetitive games for laffs while thinking "man that Blazers game has been two possessions all game long I should be watching that."

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

straight up brolic posted:

I always thought that was sarcasm

It's 100% a habitual weed smoker making a silly joke, at least according to everyone who posts online that they went to college with him.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Probably not the best way to refer to someone who is Finnish.

Learning about the Winter War is an important step in becoming a Man.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

My boy DJ hosed around and almost got a triple double
Believe

excuse me but that's my boy. You lost the bid by $2 because you didn't have enough faith in your son >:[
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_Jp48mrIAoLs9NJBFOr_ClQAnmPW14kRDUNOZXI2WvU/edit#gid=0
most everyone but us is a big idiot tho

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 22, 2017

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

TV Zombie posted:

What's wrong with OKC right now?

Melo scored 26 points on 26 shots while Russ scored 6 points on 11 shots :whitewater:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What happened to LeBron that he got housed 30 points on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
just lmao at kevin durant pointing to his ring finger as if to own the audience of memphis

he really thought/thinks that having a ring would bring him universal acclaim and respect

no one respects your ring, kevin. you're a clown and its hilarious

• Locked thread