Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

aniviron posted:

How are people liking the Seeker? I've... not been wild about it. The splash is small enough that I rarely hit more than two or three little zeds with it if that, and the M79 works better, but for big stuff I prefer the RPG-7 for its ability to have huge impact damage to the heads of Skrakes and FPs. I've been running it without the perk that boosts splash size at the cost of damage though, it is better with that?

"There's no business like snow business. What? It's funny!"

I found the Seeker better on maps where I have to be on the move and can't hunker down. The 6 rounds let me crowd control more then the single rpg round can and the on the fly homing helps at ensuring that I can keep sirens and husks down. Reload on it takes forever though so I have to be careful not the spam it even though it really fun to do so in Zed time. A lot of small nukes going off.

The Hemoglobin gun for the Medic is fun. Its not the explody aoe bazooka I wanted for the medic but its great at chipping down FP, Scrakes and bloats so they're not giant HP tanks. Also still manages to keep them terrifying as now you have a lanky lean FP or Scrake coming to get you with reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Takes No Damage posted:

drat I'm grinding up Firebug next then, infinite hyper-time dual flareguns sounds amaaaaaazing :kingsley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK3bl35DGh4

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Overall the Seeker Six seems good, but honestly I would rather it have kept the ability to fire off all six rockets at once than it keeping the homing ability(which doesn't really seem all that useful)

Also they should probably make it a little cheaper than the RPG-7, like say 1300, would make it a bit more competitive

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
KF-Wolfenstein is a terrible level. It's HUGE and very linear. I randomed into a server running it and we eventually wiped on round 7/7 because none of us were adore to get to the pod for three rounds running. If you find yourself on that map, just disconnect and find another match.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Pope Guilty posted:

KF-Wolfenstein is a terrible level. It's HUGE and very linear. I randomed into a server running it and we eventually wiped on round 7/7 because none of us were adore to get to the pod for three rounds running. If you find yourself on that map, just disconnect and find another match.

Sounds like the new KF-weedfarm someone did. That map is like four miles long.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
At no point should any player be more than thirty or so seconds from any pod, let alone multiple minutes!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Hemogoblin with shrinky weekly produces interesting results.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I've been getting a halloween ticket in my first game of the day and only then for the last 3 days. Has anyone been getting them faster?

Also, are there any particularly cool cosmetics worth crafting or wahtever? I have some random crates and USBs I could recycle but why bother if there's nothing good worth getting.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Theta Zero posted:

Hemogoblin with shrinky weekly produces interesting results.

It's the new Slenderman

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

clockworkjoe posted:

I've been getting a halloween ticket in my first game of the day and only then for the last 3 days. Has anyone been getting them faster?

Also, are there any particularly cool cosmetics worth crafting or wahtever? I have some random crates and USBs I could recycle but why bother if there's nothing good worth getting.

Speaking of opening one's first crate/USB, I was going through converting all my trash drops to pennies when I noticed I had a Neon USB which sells for like 1.75 when every other crate/USB lists at 0.03. I might actually want to open that one, and it tells me I need to buy a Neon USB Key to do so. But when I search for Neon USB Keys in the store I don't find anything. What's up with that?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, anyone know why I might be getting ridiculous FPS issues with this latest update? Granted, I haven't played this game in a long time, but for some reason I played with a buddy tonight and was going along without an issue and then *something* happened and I my FPS tanked. It almost felt like a memory leak of some sort, but I'm talking like as low as ~10 FPS consistently until the round ended. A few times I even had crashes, I'd restart the game and jump back in and would crash a minute later. Running a 1070 and i7 6700K, and GPU temp, usage, CPU usage, all that stuff is pretty normal from what I can tell.

Edit: I see some people on Steam having the same problem, gonna try deleting my game folder in my documents and verifying the game cache to redownload the files, will see if that helps.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 21, 2017

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I *think* I've noticed if I play the game for a long time I'll start to have framerate issues. Relaunching seems to fix it so I assumed it was a leak somewhere as well, but it isn't consistent enough that I can say for sure.

Just played my first game on a friendly-fire server tonight. The SS kept accidentally railgunning people when they'd step in front of him while he was trying to line up FP heads.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Are there always supposed to be 3 daily objectives? I only have 2 with actual descriptions. The third has no text but it still lists a 50k reward.

Also, what weapons do you prefer as a support? I've been mostly using the double barrel, that new semi auto shotgun and then upgrade to the AA 12. Pump actions reload too slow for me, even with the reload perk.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

clockworkjoe posted:

Are there always supposed to be 3 daily objectives? I only have 2 with actual descriptions. The third has no text but it still lists a 50k reward.

Also, what weapons do you prefer as a support? I've been mostly using the double barrel, that new semi auto shotgun and then upgrade to the AA 12. Pump actions reload too slow for me, even with the reload perk.

The Medic Shotty is amazing as a support.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
One of my dailies is do damage to players as slasher. I tried it in versus, even found some helpful people who stood around while I hit them, even killed them, but the job didn't trigger. The counter is still 0/1. Is it broken or what?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Best thing I can suggest is just ignore the PVP dailies entirely because it's a stupidly unfun mode in this game.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

clockworkjoe posted:

If I've taken the 'clip size' perk then I use the Pump (which I also hate) until I can afford the HZ12. Replace that with the M4 (which seems like a straight upgrade to the Pump), then add the AA12 when I can afford it. I run around killing most things with the M4, switching over to AA12 when I need to magdump. Between the M4 and AA12 I have access to 42 rapid fire shells without needing to reload, more than enough to kill anything that moves.

With the reload perk I main the Hunting SG pretty much by itself until I can get the AA12, then use that for magdumping emergencies.

Also don't be a jerk, take the Resupply perk when you hit lv20, that poo poo is almost necessary on HoE.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

clockworkjoe posted:

I usually get the double barrel shotgun first since I can use to either single shot things or double down on crowds. Then I'll pick up the HZ12 and stick with those two until wave 7 or so and then I'll also buy the incendiary shotgun. My support is also level 25 and has the tighter choke perk so it lets me slug single zeds quite well.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Is the HZ12 good? I always ignore and grab the Double barrel + Trench Gun on the way to the AA12

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Kris xK posted:

Is the HZ12 good? I always ignore and grab the Double barrel + Trench Gun on the way to the AA12

It's actually pretty nice for a sidegrade, I feel. High mag cap, can fire two shots in quick succession before rechambering.

Also gently caress, I think I got a PvP daily in that I gotta Deal Damage with Spitfire???

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

Also don't be a jerk, take the Resupply perk when you hit lv20, that poo poo is almost necessary on HoE.

I forget that the other one exists because resupply is waaaaaaay too good to pass up. I love it when two supports have it so I don't ever have to buy ammo.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Honestly as long as you don't buy the nailgun you can't really go wrong as Support, I wouldn't say it has any dud weapons. The HZ12 does absurdly good damage for its price tag, has a huge magazine (and is magazine fed), all of which combine to make it excellent as long as you can get used to its unusual firing cadence. The trenchgun just does fantastic damage again at a very reasonable dosh cost, though the fire can be a disadvantage if you're making zeds panic, makes the heads harder to pop without most of Firebug's advantages. Again though, for 650 dosh, it's hard to argue with. The Medic Shotgun is an absolute top-tier weapon that will shred lesser zeds very quickly, it's pretty much an AA12 with a smaller magazine for 400 less dosh- and you can heal people with it! The M4 gets best-in-class damage with a very tight spread that makes short work of bigger zeds if you can headshot consistently; though with three other very strong magazine-fed shotguns competing for space with it, I don't personally favor it, it's still an objectively good weapon. The AA12 is an all-around excellent gun, decent damage with a great fire rate and magazine size, and on larger games the fact that you get 20 shells per ammo box makes it have quite a bit of staying power as well.

Pretty much as long as you're not buying the nailgun, you're good.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Kris xK posted:

Hz12 rules so hard with tight choke and extended mags. It’s basically a better starting weapon with a massive magazine and actual spread after you’ve taken the tight choke perk for the dbs or aa12. It’s your go to trash or medium zed sweeper, you can contribute to a team takedown but I wouldn’t suggest using the hz12 for a solo takedown. If you join a game late and had to choose I’d probably get DBS then HZ12, otherwise I’d get hz12 first.

The trench gun is conflicting because its a good firebug weapon but for support it performs about the same as the hz12 due to the penetration bonus. hz12 gets an insanely deep mag which is made even better with extended mags so it’s a no brainer choice between the two. If you are level 25 and factor the ZED Time bonus it’s not even a contest between the weapons, the hz12 is a serviceable gun to mag dump with.

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 21, 2017

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Side note: for your daily's you don't even need to participate in the match to collect the complete map on difficulty ones, in case you were being lazy and just wanted the vault dosh. Simply join games at the 5/4, 8/7 or 11/10 mark and wait until the current team wins. Sort of a bug because this is not how the achievements work, but free is free.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Marogareh posted:

I forget that the other one exists because resupply is waaaaaaay too good to pass up. I love it when two supports have it so I don't ever have to buy ammo.

Resupply doesn't increase the amount of ammo you hand out to your teammates; you give the same amount of ammo out even without that skill. It just increases the user's ammo pool, and grants teammates 20 armor (which I don't feel is all that useful outside of early rounds and boss wave).

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought standard Support gave out one clip per weapon, basically the same as an ammo box without grenades, while the Resupply perk makes it 30% of the other person's total ammo capacity? Plus 20 armor which isn't gamechanging but still nice to have.

And yeah I forgot about the medic shotgun, sometimes if there isn't already a medic I'll take that instead of the M4 and roll mediSG + AA12. I do still like the M4 because you can fire a few shots, reload a few shots, instead of having to reload entire clips at a time.

edit:
The KF2Wiki doesn't really make it clear:
Class bonus
+Ammo Backpack / +Door Repair
( Provide ammo to teammates and repair destroyed doors )

Resupply Pack perk
Your teammates can get 30% ammo and 20% armor restored by interacting with you once per wave. You can carry up to 20% more ammo for perk weapons

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 21, 2017

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Takes No Damage posted:

I thought standard Support gave out one clip per weapon, basically the same as an ammo box without grenades, while the Resupply perk makes it 30% of the other person's total ammo capacity? Plus 20 armor which isn't gamechanging but still nice to have.

And yeah I forgot about the medic shotgun, sometimes if there isn't already a medic I'll take that instead of the M4 and roll mediSG + AA12. I do still like the M4 because you can fire a few shots, reload a few shots, instead of having to reload entire clips at a time.

You are correct about the supply perk, very noticeable difference as swat/commando.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally going through some of the video clips I've saved since the last gif dump:

An FP is disassembled into its component parts

Hans owning himself. "I'm not owned I'm not owned you're the one that's owned!" he cries impotently as he sails away into the sunset

Don't mind me just lining up some sick noscope headshots with my... Hunting Shotgun???

I look around a corner when I shouldn't ought to have

So you can rocket jump in KF2... in a way

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Any tips for dealing with getting swarmed as demo without the grenade pistol? I got swarmed while armed only with the grenade launcher and seeker six and neither actually detonates at point blank range.

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 22, 2017

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Aim at the ground slightly away from yourself and jump-shoot. Don't bother aiming at the trash running at you, aim 45 degrees away and splash them.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Risky Bisquick posted:

Aim at the ground slightly away from yourself and jump-shoot. Don't bother aiming at the trash running at you, aim 45 degrees away and splash them.

Good advice, but I'm talking when I'm already surrounded and getting pounded on. I can't even see if anything running at me!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you don't have room to fire at the ground far enough away to at least detonate your grenades then you're pretty well shut down. Switch over to your non-explosive backup weapon that you always carry for just such an occasion and try to head pop your way to a little breathing room. Comedy option: your dynamite stix always detonate :wink:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah I just blast myself free with the TNT when I get swarmed as Demo, that's the sole reason the class is resistant to explosives in my book. If you have a competent medic it's no biggie, since you have the Grenade pistol up to the 3rd wave max.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

Comedy option: your dynamite stix always detonate :wink:

This but unironically. Hell, I'm pretty sure buying space at the cost of your health is the point of dynamite always detonating on contact.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Pope Guilty posted:

Any tips for dealing with getting swarmed as demo without the grenade pistol? I got swarmed while armed only with the grenade launcher and seeker six and neither actually detonates at point blank range.

It depends on what's swarming you. In generally you want to jump-shot and shoot at the ground a relative ways away from you so that you reach the minimum arming distance. Another option unique to the Seeker Six is bean zeds with the rockets point-black so that it knocks them away, since it has the reverse ammo to do this. In especially dire situations, throw a grenade at the easiest to hit enemy since it explodes on impact; small zeds will die immediately and anything else will almost assuredly be stunned.

Two additional ways which work with any class is whip out your knife and start doing horizontal strong swings, and if there's a crawler, you can actually jump over them and bounce off their heads to escape (and stun them).

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Thank you!

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

You can see if the following trainer still works. It's what I used.

https://community.wemod.com/t/killing-floor-2-cheats-and-trainer/15064

Basically started a solo game, set max level enabled in trainer, killed a thing, left match to save, rinse repeat for all the classes.

I finally got around to giving this a try and everything worked flawlessly. Really is as simple as your post implies.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

So you can just cheat your perks up without getting banned or anything? I assumed that data would be stored serverside by Tripwire.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
I have been enjoying this game much more on large servers (20+ players) with custom maps on HoE. I had a blast yesterday playing Kf-Afghanistan and Kf-BlackMesa. The amount of enemies on screen a single time is reminiscent of old slaughter-fest Doom WADS. At one point there were 8 Fps, 6 scrakes, and 9 husks shooting fireballs all over the place. We didn't survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

So you can just cheat your perks up without getting banned or anything? I assumed that data would be stored serverside by Tripwire.

I'll let you know in a few weeks.