Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MadJackMcJack posted:

People like that will bitch about the smallest things. They'll still play the game though, fighting back the tears as they crack their mouse with rage-fueled strength.

Not like you, eh? You're too cool to care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mans posted:

Is Steel Faith any decent?

Morally, no.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

sassassin posted:

Not like you, eh? You're too cool to care.

That or he cares about the amount that a person with some degree of perspective might. In other words, enough to say “dang this UI could be better” then shrug and not worry about it again.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
With the better skill trees and more capital slots, is anyone else finding extra skill points and t4 minor settlments no longer necessary?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Fat_Cow posted:

I feel like Morathi needs a buff or two. Maybe I just suck with her.

She has a slow start but she gets very good once you have her item and later skills.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

With the better skill trees and more capital slots, is anyone else finding extra skill points and t4 minor settlments no longer necessary?

The only mod that I think is needed is the one that scraps the increased upkeep from each additional army.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Captain Oblivious posted:

That or he cares about the amount that a person with some degree of perspective might. In other words, enough to say “dang this UI could be better” then shrug and not worry about it again.

Passion is a blessing to a person's life.

Can you truly love something if you don't demand perfection from it at all times?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hunt11 posted:

The only mod that I think is needed is the one that scraps the increased upkeep from each additional army.

That's a cheat.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I see the Being A Huge Bitch mod has been ported to WH2

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

In grand campaign can you recruit all the LL for your faction? Like you start as one but can you find/confed the rest?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

That's a cheat.

I did most of my first campaign without it. What the mod does is allow you to maintain enough of a presence at home to handle the rituals whilst also being able to go out and interact with the rest of the map.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

winegums posted:

In grand campaign can you recruit all the LL for your faction? Like you start as one but can you find/confed the rest?

You'd have to confederate, and they might have to be currently leading an army when you confederate. If they're wounded I think there's a bug where you wont get them.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

Yeah, I went several campaigns with the full +15% increase per army before settling on this mod:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1174573838

Which just restores the penalty to vanilla levels.

Some other random fix mods I'm using.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1165829194

Fixes some of the Blessed Lizardmen units not counting as their unit type.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1164236022

Fixes overcast spells not receiving cooldown reductions, and also fixes Morathi's second point into Pit of Shades disabling overcast.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1157274821

Makes Road buildings apply to the entire province, so they have at least some vague purpose.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1161822487

Gives Black Arcs greatly reduced upkeep for garrisoned thematic units and some autoresolve bonuses so they aren't just massive money sinks.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Hunt11 posted:

Does that help the AI as well?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

winegums posted:

I started with Tyrion, confederated with Teclis and have them both now. Not playthrough I plan on the brothers marching up and down Naggarond together beating rear end and salting the mother loving earth. Tyrion's March to the Sea of Malice.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

I did most of my first campaign without it. What the mod does is allow you to maintain enough of a presence at home to handle the rituals whilst also being able to go out and interact with the rest of the map.
Yeah but you can do that without said mod too.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fangz posted:

Does that help the AI as well?

I have no idea. I don't think the AI has to worry about it in the first place.

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah but you can do that without said mod too.

The mod makes it more enjoyable to deal with enemy rituals outside of just relying on the auto-win battle.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I only use two cheat mods: passive ai agents because I hate agent non-combat gameplay, and I'm trying out the rebanner thing but probably won't keep it because lots of them are over the top powerful.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Building Progression Icons and Brighter Borders are good ui fixes.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
The AI also gets the same improved bonuses from banners as well so it kind of cancels out, though.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Panfilo posted:

The AI also gets the same improved bonuses from banners as well so it kind of cancels out, though.

Not that I care anywhere near as much as sassassin, but most mods that gives more powerful stuff to both sides evenly tends to benefit the player more because they can leverage it more effectively. The exception is probably skill mods, since at some point you actually just run out of good skills to pick between (player benefits) and can get them all (so the dumb ai catches up to the player because it can't not)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Gitro posted:

Is there some way to get a breakdown of how much of each trade good you're selling? I'm pretty sure I could do that in 1 and I tried but failed to find a financial breakdown more detailed than my overall per turn/total income and spending. It'd be nice to know when there's a point in upgrading my resources buildings.

Click the treasure icon on the top middle of your screen. That icon was in the bottom right in TWW1 but they moved it up there because of rituals. There is a trade tab in that menu.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Hunt11 posted:

I have no trouble doing this with the vanilla upkeep. You can stack a crapload of -upkeep buffs from a bunch of different sources. Like in my Malekith game that just finished I had two stacks in Ulthuan, 3 in Naggaroth, and 2 in Lustria alongside a garrisoned Black Ark and was able to pop rituals while invading Lothern.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I ran a whole bunch of campaign tweak mods like passive agents, T4 minors, etc in WH1 and I don't run any in WH2 and WH2 feels really good and smooth. Actually one of my favorite things about WH2 is the changes to the agent system; removing the awkward deployment bullshit and removing the ability for agents to affect lords, coupled with the fact that the AI seems to produce a lot less agents in WH2, removed basically all of my complaints with how they were in WH1. Building trees in general are a lot better and make more sense and there are very few dumb finnicky conditional buildings(and those are mostly T4s attached to T3 barracks buildings) that make settlement planning bad, so I don't feel like I need T4 minors either.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kanos posted:

I ran a whole bunch of campaign tweak mods like passive agents, T4 minors, etc in WH1 and I don't run any in WH2 and WH2 feels really good and smooth. Actually one of my favorite things about WH2 is the changes to the agent system; removing the awkward deployment bullshit and removing the ability for agents to affect lords, coupled with the fact that the AI seems to produce a lot less agents in WH2, removed basically all of my complaints with how they were in WH1.

That's good to hear I wasn't going to give them the benefit of the doubt after three games of spammy bullshit agents (I skipped Attila).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ravenfood posted:

The exception is probably skill mods, since at some point you actually just run out of good skills to pick between (player benefits) and can get them all (so the dumb ai catches up to the player because it can't not)

Only in the mid/late game when if the player is still playing they're in steamrolling territory.

Multiple points per turn is a big player advantage in the important early game. It's more spells, it's more army-wide buffs, it's more stuff the ai is bad at using.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Really enjoying that brighter borders mod.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I've personally never felt a need to use much in the way of mods even in game 1. That being said everyone should feel free to of what they want in this primarily single player video game except for maybe using SFO because gently caress Nazis. I just do not understand how people get so worked up about how other people play because this comes up over and over again in each iteration of the thread.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

Really enjoying that brighter borders mod.

I like that one too. I'm still a fan of the Vassal/Liberate mod from WH1, the home region movement bonus mod, and the new campaign camera makes me want to kill myself so I'm using a mod to fix that as well. I do think that the game is in a much better place un-modded than the first one was, though I really wish they would add a way to trade settlements with the AI or, at the very least, to destroy them if I don't want them.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Pendent posted:

I've personally never felt a need to use much in the way of mods even in game 1. That being said everyone should feel free to of what they want in this primarily single player video game except for maybe using SFO because gently caress Nazis. I just do not understand how people get so worked up about how other people play because this comes up over and over again in each iteration of the thread.

I value and respect your opinion but have you considered that mods are cheating?

:)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Wallet posted:

I like that one too. I'm still a fan of the Vassal/Liberate mod from WH1, the home region movement bonus mod, and the new campaign camera makes me want to kill myself so I'm using a mod to fix that as well. I do think that the game is in a much better place un-modded than the first one was, though I really wish they would add a way to trade settlements with the AI or, at the very least, to destroy them if I don't want them.

gently caress I knew I forgot to add in the liberate mod to my collection.

I really enjoy that since if you want to confederate to get your other LL it really sucks if they have been wiped out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

LoL. I am gonna enjoy this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXx03Ih6o90

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1173094765

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

sassassin posted:

Passion is a blessing to a person's life.

Can you truly love something if you don't demand perfection from it at all times?

What are you, a marriage counselor or something?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Ynglaur posted:

Sounds more like a divorce lawyer

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
I personally run the game fairly vanilla doing VH and legendary campaigns, mods I use are almost entirely cosmetic or QoL (better camera etc), only mod I have that directly affects gameplay is a personal mod I have that gives two skill points at lvl 2, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 for lords as well as couple buggfix mods(skaven mass fix for example).

Gameplay wise wh2 is perfectly fine on vanilla for me, ofc I'll prob add some new mods later on when I want to shake things up for the 20th campaign or so.
Only mod I crave right now so one that makes any naval encounter be manual resolvable by having both armies deploying on an island or someshit so you can actually fight it out and not rely on auto resolve killing ur elite stack for bullshit reasons, at least for now I'm glad ME reduced the ocean size so naval fights are less likely to occur.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pendent posted:

It's important to know what mods people are using and how they affect the game and its difficulty because people do ask for advice on how to handle various elements of the game here and sometimes the advice given is pure nonsense wrt vanilla.

Like the guy who was adamant that chariots aren't a problem for dwarfs to handle, because he was using the nazi mod which increases their weight a tonne, so for him they really weren't.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ynglaur posted:

I hope that's not what your marriage counsellor says to you.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Weird, the game just straight-up crashes all of a sudden, even with every single mod disabled. I also tried outright deleting the mods I had installed, to ensure they weren't still being loaded by the game, and it STILL crashes as soon as I try to load into a campaign or custom battle. Not sure what's going on.

I validated files and such, everything seems fine. EDIT: Looking into it, it seems like the W10 update is loving with things?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

It's important to know what mods people are using and how they affect the game and its difficulty because people do ask for advice on how to handle various elements of the game here and sometimes the advice given is pure nonsense wrt vanilla.

Like the guy who was adamant that chariots aren't a problem for dwarfs to handle, because he was using the nazi mod which increases their weight a tonne, so for him they really weren't.

Oh man, I remember that guy. That was a really funny conversation looking back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
In my HE campaign I decided to go kick Malekith right in the dick and stop him from completing a ritual all by myself. Right after I smashed the last ritual structure and smashed his army Morathi confederated his faction.

I cannot stop laughing that Malekith went to go live in his mom's basement after Tyrion beat him up and smashed his science project.