Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I thought the Steven Universe fans were overall pretty cute in their awkward shyness/excitement, except that one guy that started off talking about Pickle Greg and ended it by asking Tom if he reads 4chan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Toebone posted:

I thought the Steven Universe fans were overall pretty cute in their awkward shyness/excitement, except that one guy that started off talking about Pickle Greg and ended it by asking Tom if he reads 4chan

I kinda got the feeling that he was being goaded by some thread of lunatic anti-Stephen Universe crusaders.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Patton Oswalt was on Chapo this week. He referenced the band Mother 13 and name-dropped the Best Show. I don't have the timestamp handy, but I think it was somewhere around the 50 to 60 minute mark.

unexplodable
Aug 13, 2003
I'm still listening to this summer's episodes of the show trying to catch up, but has there been any appearance by or mention of Ted Leo lately? His first new album in a long time is out and it's great. Part of me is worried he fell victim to the Tompkins beef...

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

Tom Scharpling posted:

I hope so. Right now we haven't made it happen because he's going one way and I'm going another way - which is how it goes sometimes - but I know things will line back up again sooner than later. Ted is an all-time great and his contributions to both the show and to my personal life have been monumental.

Tom alluded to it in his reddit ama a year ago, and he gave a half-answer that felt a lot like a 'no'.

Optimistically, Ted could be on the December 12th show based off of his current touring schedule. Aimee might even show up as well depending on her availability. I certainly wouldn't bet on it though.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Tom did also plug Ted's Kickstarter a while back.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I hope Patton and Tom never try to develop a TV show together

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Know Such Peace posted:

Tom alluded to it in his reddit ama a year ago, and he gave a half-answer that felt a lot like a 'no'.
I don't think this was any particular conflict between Tom and Ted necessarily, I saw this interview a few months ago that made it sound like things have been kind of rough on Ted in recent years, he moved back to Rhode Island and such

unexplodable
Aug 13, 2003
That's good enough for me, thanks all. Yeah Ted's been through some poo poo, I just wanted to hear there wasn't radio silence from the Best Show.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Really enjoyed last night's show. Good solid mix of GOMPs and Tom rants. It was kind of sad how Tom kept hanging up on Savvington, though. I don't really remember what his deal was but I know he was a part of one of the best calls ever.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah this week's episode was solid. Notice a lack of in studio guests or "regular" callers like Cat from Raleigh or Avalanche Bob generally equates to a good episode, hmm, hmmmmmmm

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

The Berzerker posted:

Yeah this week's episode was solid. Notice a lack of in studio guests or "regular" callers like Cat from Raleigh or Avalanche Bob generally equates to a good episode, hmm, hmmmmmmm

The regular callers were mostly good in the golden years though. It sucks that has changed.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I dunno. There were plenty of terrible regular callers in the WFMU days.

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003
The other night I went to see The Doughboys and tried to convince them to call into The Best Show so we will see what comes of it. They're aware of the whole Hamburger Men joke.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Unbootable posted:

The other night I went to see The Doughboys and tried to convince them to call into The Best Show so we will see what comes of it. They're aware of the whole Hamburger Men joke.

Tom seems to have gone from hating them for their easy success to having a begrudging admiration.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cloks posted:

Tom seems to have gone from hating them for their easy success to having a begrudging admiration.

I mean, that's literally what happened with the IJ's and now Sal is a regular guest!(and a good one!)

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I think he realized that the doughboys hate their success as much as he does.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
It was always a bit. Hayes Davenport has already been on twice, and both Doughmen have been on Hollywood Handbook. Tom doesn’t have much of a reason to travel to LA at the moment, but he’ll be on eventually. Doughboys will probably call in to the Best Show soon.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Tom go on Chapo.

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Tom go on Chapo.

Agrreed on this one hundred percent. When he's gotten political in the past (gubernatorial election, the Marc and Tom show, any of the election episodes, The Patriot Zone) have been amazing.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
The Bannon Bros calls earlier this year

iamreading
Aug 29, 2017

het posted:

I don't think this was any particular conflict between Tom and Ted necessarily, I saw this interview a few months ago that made it sound like things have been kind of rough on Ted in recent years, he moved back to Rhode Island and such

thanks for sharing this. can definitely relate regarding wanting to live/stay in new york but not being able to afford it. that's crazy he did not make money for 3 years. i saw he tweeted the other night he was feeling down.. i hope everything is going ok/a little better since he was able to fund the album.

enjoyed the compliments episode! missed dudio

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Anybody at rock rot rule 20?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Yeah someone gave me a ticket to the late show. I'm the white guy with glasses looking at his phone, come say hi

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Toebone posted:

Yeah someone gave me a ticket to the late show. I'm the white guy with glasses looking at his phone, come say hi

I’m the fat white dude without glasses wearing a flat cap.

There’s beer on the third floor FYI

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Tom's talking to people on the balcony. He's very sweaty.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Toebone posted:

On brand.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I saw on Facebook that Zach Woliner was there with Wally Wackiman (RIP). Super jealous of everyone on the east coast rn

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Binowru posted:

I saw on Facebook that Zach Woliner was there with Wally Wackiman (RIP). Super jealous of everyone on the east coast rn

I got a selfie with Wally.

Also AP Mike.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

H&H is on my way home from work, me and Mike are bros

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Seeing Tom do vapetriloquism live was pretty amazing but you really can see years of his life getting shaved off after every vape

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

WrathOfBlade posted:

Seeing Tom do vapetriloquism live was pretty amazing but you really can see years of his life getting shaved off after every vape

That was the absolute best part of the show, no question. So incredible to see that kind of commitment to the joke

SolamenteDoug
Mar 26, 2017

I would sincerely buy a ticket to a Tom vapetriloquism show.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Spoderman posted:

That was the absolute best part of the show, no question. So incredible to see that kind of commitment to the joke

The straw running out the back of Billy’s Head is a thing of genius.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

SolamenteDoug posted:

I would sincerely buy a ticket to a Tom vapetriloquism show.

I am pretty sure an entire show would end in several deaths.

Spiral Architect
Jun 26, 2004

I saw this in the CatTober hashtag and am irritated and confused https://mobile.twitter.com/BronyFOT

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Spiral Architect posted:

I saw this in the CatTober hashtag and am irritated and confused https://mobile.twitter.com/BronyFOT

It liked a tweet I made.

I feel sick.

iamreading
Aug 29, 2017

CaptainPsyko posted:

It liked a tweet I made.

I feel sick.

what is a brony?? it assigned Julie an avatar. is it messing around???

iamreading
Aug 29, 2017

Toebone posted:

ugh so jealous. i also saw people say klausner was at the 2nd show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamreading
Aug 29, 2017
ok i googled it. it's just an adult male obsessed with my little pony? i guess that's not the norm but maybe they are autistic? or making fun of bronys? kinda confused.