Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

suicidesteve posted:

Day 1 trip report:

The usual

(plus another $2300 in Paypal)

The sweet

The degenerate

Weren't you quitting magic? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Selling usually indicates that

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

mcmagic posted:

Did you notice the $5500? Where do you think that came from? I have a few decks and a bunch of junk bulk I have to figure out how to get rid of and that's pretty much it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

suicidesteve posted:

Did you notice the $5500? Where do you think that came from? I have a few decks and a bunch of junk bulk I have to figure out how to get rid of and that's pretty much it.

I misunderstood. Thought you were buying that stuff.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Anyone on the Anointed Procession tokens deck in standard? If so, do you like the WUB build or the Abzan build more?

I really like Scarab God up top on the WUB build, but Vraska is pretty tempting...

I think the Esper build is more powerful overall, but Abzan has better mana and is better in the mirror. If you're planning on playing in paper, be warned that the deck is very draining to play; you need to play fast and remember all your triggers. Also the Approach matchup is very slow and game 1 is almost unwinnable, so watch out for your opponent stalling for the 1-0.

Abzan might gain some points in paper because Vraska and more Shefet Dunes mean you can close out a game faster and are less likely to go to time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mainboard one lost legacy because every tier deck has one Center card, usually approach or scarab god or ballista or bristling hydra or earthshaker khenra.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pretty sure a 3 mana do nothing isn't good tech against a 2 mana creature.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

If you’re going to Lost Legacy something out of Ramunap it should probably be Hazoret.

But then you probably lose due to the loss of tempo.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I think the Esper build is more powerful overall, but Abzan has better mana and is better in the mirror.

How would Abzan have better mana than Esper with 2 sets of checklands to 1?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

GoutPatrol posted:

How would Abzan have better mana than Esper with 2 sets of checklands to 1?

Abzan is only splashing a single green card so it plays a lot like a two-color deck.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

my uncle who got me into magic had been playing since 94, hasnt played since tempest, still has his p9 and is just hoarding it to help pay for his kid's college.

This is idiotic and you should tell him to cash out now if he doesn't actively hate his child.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Toshimo posted:

This is idiotic and you should tell him to cash out now if he doesn't actively hate his child.

Yeah. He should've dumped it a couple years ago when they were peaked and put it into something that'll actually give him a return.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

lol at this deck Ali Aintrazi is brewing on. Maximum durdle potential.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Grabbed an Hour pack on a lark for my kid to crack since they were on discount.

She pulled an Invocations Damnation!

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 22, 2017

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
lmao dude is 12-0 with humans at the scg open and literally i played the same 75 no joke 5 out of 7 matches in the last hour on xmage

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

80s James Hetfield posted:

lmao dude is 12-0 with humans at the scg open and literally i played the same 75 no joke 5 out of 7 matches in the last hour on xmage

Tribal is the dream for such a large group of magic players.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

Tribal is the dream for such a large group of magic players.

Wizards print more good goblins TIA

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Any site that could return a search of all common/uncommon multicolor cards or common/uncommon with multicolor color identity? Bonus points if it can also provide tcgplayer price.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

If I play a "name a tribe, it gets (thing)" card, can I name a nonsense tribe like "opossums" if I want or does it have to come from the Big List?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

PJOmega posted:

Any site that could return a search of all common/uncommon multicolor cards or common/uncommon with multicolor color identity? Bonus points if it can also provide tcgplayer price.

Done.

https://tinyurl.com/y76ao4za

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

If I play a "name a tribe, it gets (thing)" card, can I name a nonsense tribe like "opossums" if I want or does it have to come from the Big List?

Anytime you're naming something in Magic, it must come from a legal set of choices.
E.g., 5 colours, 6 basic land types, set creature type list, legal cards in Modern, etc.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mehall posted:

6 basic land types

There are only 5 basic land types but the thrust of your post is correct

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

mehall posted:

Anytime you're naming something in Magic, it must come from a legal set of choices.
E.g., 5 colours, 6 basic land types, set creature type list, legal cards in Modern, etc.

Bummer. In spite of my best efforts,I have a full playset of Arcane Adaptations, and was going to add some Vanquisher's Banners and make my OWN bad tribal theme deck.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Elyv posted:

There are only 5 basic land types but the thrust of your post is correct

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

I don't see a subtype in that type line, friend.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
No, but it counts as a basic land. That's a relevant detail.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Bummer. In spite of my best efforts,I have a full playset of Arcane Adaptations, and was going to add some Vanquisher's Banners and make my OWN bad tribal theme deck.

name brushwagg

this land has no basic land types

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

mehall posted:

Unless you're on MTGO. Then you can name any card that's been printed on MTGO and hope it doesn't change your choice afterwards.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

TheMaestroso posted:

There's only five basic land types, but if they were to print a card that asked you to choose a basic land card name, then saying that you had six legal choices would be wrong there too, there's eleven.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

TheMaestroso posted:

When you're talking about basic land types it's not.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Modern is the best format

http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/4178_day_2_metagame_breakdown_.html

Look at that beautiful breakdown. There's something for everybody!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

there's eleven.
The Snow-Covered ones, everyone who is as confused as I was for like 15 seconds.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

sit on my Facebook posted:

http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/4178_day_2_metagame_breakdown_.html

Aside from humans it's the same decks every time there is a modern event. *shrug*

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Name the best tribe, wombat.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Yes one of my first ever decks had multiple rabid wombats, and instill energies.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

sit on my Facebook posted:

Meanwhile, in Vintage...

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Oath making it that far is pretty good. Most people thought the deck was dead, so for it to make 3/8 of the top 8 is great. It might just be a fluke though for this tournament. The Vintage metagame changes rapidly, except Workshops is always at the top.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

BJPaskoff posted:

Oath making it that far is pretty good. Most people thought the deck was dead, so for it to make 3/8 of the top 8 is great. It might just be a fluke though for this tournament. The Vintage metagame changes rapidly, except Workshops is always at the top.

Oath WAS dead because your 3 card combo for a turn 2 Griselbrand still lost the race to their turn 2 Mentor. Oath being good is extremely not surprising.

Also lol 24 Deathrites and 28 Brainstorms in legacy top 8.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
Top 32 for the open. Lots of counters company (ugh that name) in day two but it looks like none of them managed to get make it in; I wonder what the story is there.

EDIT: That's the wrong tournament, I am dumb.

uninverted fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

80s James Hetfield posted:

Aside from humans it's the same decks every time there is a modern event. *shrug*

Same 30 decks, yawn.

Modern isn't going to change much while standard doesn't introduce many cards worth playing in modern.