Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

animated and in virtual reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

pick one.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

I like my coffee like I like my women...

picked up from a Dunkin Donuts

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

corn in the bible posted:

Why not just play the PC port though
Many of the visual effects in Silent Hill 2 were designed specifically with the PS2 hardware in mind, and had to be pared back for the Xbox and PC ports which also have some other technical issues such as low-quality FMVs. I don't know how much of that stuff has been fixed by the PC modders, though.

If you have 24 minutes to kill, Digital Foundry Retro has a video comparing the different versions of SH2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nna2yt1c9gI

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

haveblue posted:

Ordered online and shipped in through California?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Doc Morbid posted:

Many of the visual effects in Silent Hill 2 were designed specifically with the PS2 hardware in mind, and had to be pared back for the Xbox and PC ports which also have some other technical issues such as low-quality FMVs. I don't know how much of that stuff has been fixed by the PC modders, though.

If you have 24 minutes to kill, Digital Foundry Retro has a video comparing the different versions of SH2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nna2yt1c9gI

all of it has been fixed by modders afaik

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

made from coffee

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cubicle gangster posted:

I always find these kinds of opinions interesting. They assume that the game that was cancelled was near finished - and great, a solid 9/10, and that the cancellation was unjust. Far more likely it was a loving mess with scrambling leadership and nowhere near enough progress made to justify the money already spent on it.

Look it was totally 99% done and about to be released which is why we have basically no information about the game after 3+ years of development. That's just how these things work!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

cubicle gangster posted:

I always find these kinds of opinions interesting. They assume that the game that was cancelled was near finished - and great, a solid 9/10, and that the cancellation was unjust. Far more likely it was a loving mess with scrambling leadership and nowhere near enough progress made to justify the money already spent on it.

They literally only are this mad because someone hosed with their precious nerd lore game. If it wasn’t ~Star Wars~ they wouldn’t have given half a gently caress about any of this, but they froth at the mouth over the same poo poo they always have since they were children, because they are children.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
You would think after their own issues with creating a game PA would be more aware of the realities involved with video game production, but then again these are the guys who doubled down on dickwolves so.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

raditts posted:

Finally getting around to playing Wolfenstein TNO in advance of the new hotness coming out. I'm up to the prison level and I like shanking nazis and inflicting fatal knife throws by hitting them in the rear end, but it seems like it relies a bit too hard on stealth? I don't want to have to sneak around to find the commander just so I can fire one of my many loud nazi-erasing weapons without endless hordes descending on me. Is this something I'll have to deal with a lot for the rest of the game?

Uh, those endless hordes are a good thing because it means more people to shoot.

No, but seriously, outside of the brief sections where you don't have any weapons, the entire game can be played stealthless. Just shoot the nazis as they come then shoot the commanders when you get to them.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

They literally only are this mad because someone hosed with their precious nerd lore game. If it wasn’t ~Star Wars~ they wouldn’t have given half a gently caress about any of this, but they froth at the mouth over the same poo poo they always have since they were children, because they are children.

To be fair to them, they were invested because they had talked to the developers and had played the game for themselves at PAX.

It still is hilarious to me to see someone getting worked up over a cancelled Star Wars game. Like, where could he possible get more Star Wats if not from this one game? How dare EA crush these artist's unique now never to be seen vision of more Star Wars!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i don't drink coffee because i don't care for the flavor. i'm told to put in sugar and milk, but i think if you do that, it isn't coffee, it's just savory sugarmilk

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The White Dragon posted:

i don't drink coffee because i don't care for the flavor. i'm told to put in sugar and milk, but i think if you do that, it isn't coffee, it's just savory sugarmilk

LIKE I LIKE MY WOMEN

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the problem i'm having with silent hill 2 pc is that no matter what i cannot get it to recognize the triggers and dpad on my ds4. if i try mapping them to the keyboard in ds4windows it doesn't even read it and if i try using solutions for regular xbox 360 controllers they break

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The White Dragon posted:

Same, I mostly can't stand bitter flavors and coffee is as bitter as it gets to me

Same with alcohol actually now that I think about it, if I ever have a drink I have to laden it with so much fruity sugary poo poo it's like, why don't I just have a soda

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

That's really dumb, milk doesn't taste the same as coffee+milk

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

The White Dragon posted:

I feel this is a bit silly, like you might as well say that a cup of black coffee is really just savory hot water.

Most coffee you'll get is overroasted and overextracted, leading to excessive bitterness. I roast my own beans and take them black but you'd better believe I'm dropping some milk into ye olde diner coffee.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Realtalk, jar of supermarket own brand instant coffee, lukewarm water, semi-skimmed milk is how I roll.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 22, 2017

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

One glass of water please

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

How do you guys drink your coffee? I just take it black with 2 bits of sugar.

"Black as night, sweet as love" -some Arab to me

Add "extra thicc" because I like Turkish coffee. Toast one whole cardamom pod in a pan, add water, one heaping spoon of coffee, twice as much sugar, let stand until it's just about to boil, then stir vigorously until it foams.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Most bad coffee comes from beans that have been overroasted and brews that overextract because those are easier than the finesse required to pull things back, especially when making larger pots. Good coffee is by definition not bitter, or at least bitterness is not the dominant flavor profile

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

How do you guys drink your coffee? I just take it black with 2 bits of sugar.
Insta-coffee with too much creamer for me.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I only like terrible coffee.

Get out of here with your artisanal good tasting coffees, I want my coffee to be bitter and taste like poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Andrast posted:

I only like terrible coffee.

Good news for you, that is all coffee.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Good news for you, that is all coffee.

I like my coffee black, but won't judge how anyone else likes theirs. This opinion will not be forgiven, though.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

glam rock hamhock posted:

To be fair to them, they were invested because they had talked to the developers and had played the game for themselves at PAX.

I was under the impression that nobody outside of visceral had ever actually seen it running. The walking through a doorway slice is something that could have been put together using their assets in UE4 within a week.

The most telling thing about all this to me is that in addition to vancouver it's also being developed by EA worldwide studio - which I believe they are using like a tech company conglomerate to more effectively scale teams so they can move staff around as needed. much like what google did with alphabet - helps with staff retention & makes the ebb and flow of huge projects much easier to manage.
Essentially it means the developers from criterion, bioware, DICE, ghost games & motive can be made available to the new team as contractors without much if any messing around. Someone needs to go on it for 4 weeks and there's no paperwork to do. Maybe it'll just be used for crunch & making some assets, who knows, but it does afford them a lot of flexibility.
that's a big next step for development & is a natural future for companies like EA. the real important fact is, none of the visceral team have been invited to join that party - every one of them got fired.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 22, 2017

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

Flat?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Help Im Alive posted:

dis is me

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
coffeeaboos

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

I like my coffee with cocoa powder or a packet of hot chocolate with plenty of milk.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

the problem i'm having with silent hill 2 pc is that no matter what i cannot get it to recognize the triggers and dpad on my ds4. if i try mapping them to the keyboard in ds4windows it doesn't even read it and if i try using solutions for regular xbox 360 controllers they break

I could never get the pc version to work with a controller so I just bought a PS2 copy instead

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So what’s neogaf?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

haveblue posted:

Black, I'll add the cream :heysexy:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

So what’s neogaf?

A large video game forum notorious for its overbearing mods and restrictive registration process but was the number one stop for industry insiders before twitter and other social media outlets. For a while it was basically the only place to get sales information and leaks/announcements/rumors that went up on Neogaf were almost always true.

I lurked because there was a big thread devoted to PC98 games and also fun stuff would appear occasionally like hi-def FF7/8/9 cg backgrounds.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I only use milk. I don’t drink it black if it’s not like really high quality coffee and a tiny cup

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/MLFoxwell/status/922171474559033344

(Some inspirational and deep quote from Ryu goes here. Something about the never-ending journey or the strength of fists or something.)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/MLFoxwell/status/922171474559033344

(Some inspirational and deep quote from Ryu goes here. Something about the never-ending journey or the strength of fists or something.)

Where is he... where is he...

ah! There's Asura!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hold up, there was a Family Guy fighting game?

• Locked thread